Living Seas Reopening

will_hsv

Original Poster
Who is going to be there to give us the first report on the reopening?

The Living Seas has been my favorite pavilion since before it opened. I remember seeing the concept art on the construction wall chortly after EPCOT opened and thinking that it was the coolest thing I had ever seen.

I hope that the rehab has done it justice.

I will be down at the World the second week of December, but I can't wait until then to see the changes. I will be probably be checking here all day Wednesday to see the pics and reviews of the reopening.

GoofyFreek

Well we will be there opening day. That is if it still opens on time. But it will be Turkey day before we return home to post any pics.

WeLComeHomE OKW

even though this should be in WDW General Discussion, who cares! I too cannot wait to see the pictures. So all you very lucky people who get to go and be there this wednesday, please post! i guess im not that upset, cuz when u guys are in disney i will be seeing rent. So im excited for wednesday either way. :wave:

will_hsv

Original Poster
WeLComeHomE OKW said:
even though this should be in WDW General Discussion, who cares! I too cannot wait to see the pictures. So all you very lucky people who get to go and be there this wednesday, please post! i guess im not that upset, cuz when u guys are in disney i will be seeing rent. So im excited for wednesday either way. :wave:

I thought about putting it in General discussion, but it will be news as soon as it opens. :)

EpcotServo

I'll be there and will give some updates, but I won't be back until late so.....I'm not going to be the first person to post what da heck as been goin' on in my Sea Base Alpha.

Rcoaster809

I haven't been paying enough attention to this, so I was wondering if the ride is supposed to be completed by this opening too. I am really excited to see how it turns out, it has so much potential.

EpcotMark

A source I have working at the Pavillion says the ride is coming back but with a Nemo Theme. It will NOT be ready when they re-open the pavillion soon. It will open sometime in the middle of 2006. I was also told that both theaters are now gone and so are all of the hydrolators. My guess is there will be some ride expansion involved in that area in some way. Stay Tuned.

lamarvenoy

I can't believe how little info has leaked out as far as confirmations and updates on progress. We must not have any insiders in there:lookaroun :D

Soarinluvr

Im working at Epcot till 8 am so I will be one of the firsts in TLS and as soon as I get home I will post how it looks. I love being a CM hehe

markc

lamarvenoy said:
I can't believe how little info has leaked out as far as confirmations and updates on progress. We must not have any insiders in there:lookaroun :D

There really isn't much to report....I've seen the new entrance and part of the pavillion, but beyond that, I haven't seen anything worth posting. It is weird seeing the old exit (where the hydrolators were) now a panel of glass doors though..

WDW Kip

Yeah, I'll miss the Hydrolators big time; they were just one of those 80's throw-back items in Epcot that I'll always love.

Is there any word on what's happened with the old theaters and the possbile sea cabs. I read a thread a while back about how the theaters had been gutted, but there wasn't much official word on it.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
bgraham34 said:
Those hydrolators as cheesy as they were I still loved them.
there was nothing cheesy about them when we were kids...... i remember looking at my dad and asking if we were really going down, of course he replied yes, wow, thatwas a neat feeling (illusion)

EDIT: how neat would it be to have one in your home..... ill be looking at disney auctions. lol

CTXRover

The hydrolators will really cool when I was a kid, and I imagine they still are to the kids of today. However, at least with the small ride-through gone, they had become a disappointment to many a guest. With Turtle Talk and the other Nemo exhibits, TLS was starting to see more crowds than it had for a very long time and as a result it meant that we had to stand in line to stand in the middle of a large room with a countdown clock to finally get on the hydrolators. When dumped out into a gift shop, I overheard at the very least one family in the hydrolator each time I was on it make the remark of how lame that was to stand in line for. I imagine that was a commonly overheard remark, and thus they got the axe. Although this was probably before they realized just how much more of TLS there was to explore, to an extent I agreed with them. The hydrolators were NOT worth standing in any type of line for. With no real reason to filter people in manageable groups for a ride, it became just an unecessary obstacle until you got to the "real" stuff.

With them gone, I think it'll take away a bit of the unique feel of entering TLS pavilion vs any of the others, but on the upside, it'll probably mean I'll be more willing to come and go through the pavilion more often now.

I do hope its not over-Nemo-ized. The Nemo exhibits before it closed were all well-done and put some energy back into the pavilion, but I hope they didn't go overboard.

joel_maxwell

CTXRover said:
I do hope its not over-Nemo-ized. The Nemo exhibits before it closed were all well-done and put some energy back into the pavilion, but I hope they didn't go overboard.
im afraid that it will be over "nemo-ized" as you put it. but that is just an assumption...... i hope not.

Epcot82Guy

jmaxwell007 said:
im afraid that it will be over "nemo-ized" as you put it. but that is just an assumption...... i hope not.

I have that bad feeling as well, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt until some reviews and pics come in. Hopefully it will be tasteful and a strong presentation of Seas themes with the characters merely as a vehicle (ala Energy's current state - at least as I see it).

MicBat

Opening day is tomorrow! I cant wait to see the finished product! It's got to be more organized than it was before going down for refurbishment. With this, I hope to see an actual queue line for Turtle Talk (not just temporary stantions with the line extending out to the middle of the pavillion) and a merchandise shop that isn't so intrusive.

As cool as they were and much as they added to the theming building, I'm glad to see the hydrolators go. They made it almost impossible to quickly go into the building without having to wait at least 20 minutes. You had to first wait at least 10 minutes in the circular theater and then board the hydrolators and THEN onto sea base alpha. It was a chore, so I never went in the place!

joel_maxwell

Epcot82Guy said:
I have that bad feeling as well, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt until some reviews and pics come in. Hopefully it will be tasteful and a strong presentation of Seas themes with the characters merely as a vehicle (ala Energy's current state - at least as I see it).
or even an add on to what they have now with generic sea creatures incase once the NemoNation dies down a little, they could take down the named signs and still have sealife not necc. associated with nemo....... but that is me looking way into the future since im not really all that jazz about the Nemo theme.

im just hoo-hum about it.

lmfetter

EpcotMark said:
A source I have working at the Pavillion says the ride is coming back but with a Nemo Theme. It will NOT be ready when they re-open the pavillion soon. It will open sometime in the middle of 2006. I was also told that both theaters are now gone and so are all of the hydrolators. My guess is there will be some ride expansion involved in that area in some way. Stay Tuned.

Are you sure about this b/c I will be there in Dec and I was hoping to ride the sea cabs even if its like the people mover.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
lmfetter said:
Are you sure about this b/c I will be there in Dec and I was hoping to ride the sea cabs even if its like the people mover.

A 2006 opening was what was told to Epcot cast back when TLS closed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom