• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Living near WDW?

Laura

Premium Member
Clermont really is full of really really big, scenic hills and lakes. It is a very different landscape than the rest of central Florida. You can see a really long ways in all directions from the tops of the hills. We can see downtown Orlando, Icon Park, and even Disney World (the Contemporary, Spaceship Earth, etc.) from way out here.

I have tried capturing it in photos, but my phone's camera makes it look flatter than it is. The only place I have ever lived that has a landscape similar to this is San Diego county.

IMG_9982.jpeg

IMG_9980.jpeg
IMG_9971.jpeg

Topographic map....
Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 7.50.09 PM.png

Last edited:

note2001

May I suggest you rent and live there for a few months, get to know the various areas and feel for what it's like before buying a new home and relocating?

I also thought I wanted to retire to the WDW area. Lived there on and off for over a year as I helped my mom out and have decided absolutely not. It just wasn't me and I wanted to keep the Disney resort as a vacation destination in which I could fully relax. Just don't get that feeling living there.

Last edited:

note2001

Clermont really is full of really really big, scenic hills and lakes. It is a very different landscape than the rest of central Florida. You can see a really long ways in all directions from the tops of the hills. We can see downtown Orlando, Icon Park, and even Disney World (the Contemporary, Spaceship Earth, etc.) from way out here.

I have tried capturing it in photos, but my phone's camera makes it look flatter than it is. The only place I have ever lived that has a landscape similar to this is San Diego county.

View attachment 679489

View attachment 679490
View attachment 679491

Topographic map....
View attachment 679492
I know those intersections and roadways too well. Clermont is growing at an insane pace, that's not a particularly good thing.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

View attachment 679489

View attachment 679490
View attachment 679491

Topographic map....
View attachment 679492

We have those here in Tally...the city is known for its 7 hills. But those aren't mountains.

The Laguna mountains run along the eastern side of San Diego.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom