Trip Report Livin' La Vida Local

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.

For those of you that have been following my adventures for awhile now, welcome back! 😊 For those of you that are just joining my adventures, I'll do some quick introductions before we jump on in!

I'm Brittany and this is my prince, Dylan. ❤️ We are from Pennsylvania and got engaged at MK a little over a year ago. We took a page from Walt's book shortly thereafter and chased our dreams, leading us to central Florida. I teach 1st grade and Dylan works at the Magnolia/Palm (Disney) golf courses located across from the Poly and Grand Floridian. After living in FL for a full year now, we are 100% certain that we won't be moving back to PA. We are Floridians through and through and can't imagine living our crazy life together anywhere else. ☺️
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_65bb.jpg

You'll see lots of faces in my report (including some of yours!), but this is the one you'll see most often. 😉 This is my very best Disney friend, Brooke (@wishes2013)! We met through this site and were brought together when we realized that we would both be teaching 1st grade at the same school. I'm not exaggerating when I say that you can either find us at school or Disney... we're together more often than we're not. 😋
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_61ce.jpg

You can find the ongoing trip report that chronicles our first year living in FL and being passholders here. 😊 This report will serve as more of a "highlight reel," rather than detailing every moment of every trip we take to the parks. But fear not, there will still be lots of report to read! If you're looking for your Disney fix or a way to chase those Disney blues away, you can most certainly find it here. 🤗

To all who come to this happy place, welcome!

Last edited:

mlegerto

What a wonderful birthday! Wish I could spend my birthday in MK, but I guess I'm lucky enough to get to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary there just a week later LOL. Beggars can't be chooser, any Disney is better than no Disney LOL.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Love the title. Glad you're still going to be posting because your TRs (as well as @Tuvalu's, @Doc Disney's, @sheriffwoody's, @wdisney9000's, and of course Max's whose forum name I can't think of right now) are what I read in the morning while I drink my first cup of coffee 😀

Edit: and how could I have forgotten to mention @lostpro9het's as well? (Obviously not enough coffee yet ... I clearly still haven't gotten my caffeine levels back up after spending the weekend at DLP with the sorry excuse for coffee there 😉)

joshsprincess921

What an amazing birthday!!
This is going to sound so weird, but last night I had a dream that you were chosen to sleep in a Disney park. I can't remember what park it was or if that part was even in my dream. :hilarious: I recently read that article about the newlywed couple that was chosen to camp in AK, so I don't know if that is what brought on the dream or the fact that I'm on the forum so often. I came here to tell you about my dream then I read about you talking about the Cinderella suite! So, hey, maybe my dream will come true for you!

MerMom1981

Sounds like a wonderful birthday celebration!
I love that you have a favorite drop sequence on ToT! True Disney expertise.
More than a little jealous!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Love the title! What an awesome birthday. So glad you loved Keys to the Kingdom! I really want to do that one day. Glad it enhanced the Magic. One thing holding me back was worry that it would ruin the Magic for me.

It definitely won't ruin the magic! You'll love it. :)

What a day for your birthday! Happy belated birthday by the way 🎉🍰.
A few years ago I also did the keys to the kingdom tour. At that moment they were practising for the Christmas parade and I did see a half dressed character. Didn ‘t spoiled the magic!

Thank you! :)

Happy belated birthday.🎉 SO glad to hear you got to do the KTTK tour. I did it a few years ago and it was brilliant. Have also done a couple of others now but this was far by the most enjoyable - maybe as it was the first?
Also loved your year long report and pleased to see another TR from you.:)

Thank you! :) What other tours have you done? I'm working on compiling a list of ones for us to do in the future!

Keys to the Kingdom tour -- now that's what I call a birthday celebration! Happy belated!

The best birthday present ever! Thank you! :)

Great start to your report! Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad you liked the Keys tour, it is a good one. Now you'll have to do the Backstage Magic, I did that on July 12 and that tour is a wow a minute!

Thank you! :) I remember you doing Keys and that's really what got me interested in doing it for myself. Is Backstage Magic the one that's 7 hours long?

blreinsel

Original Poster
Another fan of the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. We've also done the tours at Epcot(Undiscovered Future World and DestiNations Discovered), enjoyed them as well. Also, you two are adorable, and happy (belated) birthday. And, school starts way too early, growing up in PA we always started the day after Labor Day.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to doing some other tours in the years to come. :) We always started the last week of August in my area, so beginning of August here is tough! Lol.

Happy Birthday again - great TR title and I’ll be here to continue hearing about your adventures.
We’ve done KTTK tour twice now and loved it - also did backstage magic years back (it was expensive but it was a full day tour so you get what you pay for). What a great birthday present Dylan got for you.
I think I’m a long lost relative of Walt as we all know how much I like ice cream - maybe I should check my family tree :D
And the beast - we’ll you can never have too many pictures of him - the love of my life!

Thank you! :) He did a great job with his gift selection this year. You really should check your family tree.. a love of ice cream that strong has to come from somewhere. ;)

I agree.. NEVER enough pictures of that handsome prince. :inlove:

Happy belated birthday!! Dylan picked an awesome gift!! I did that tour also a few years ago & don't think it ruins the magic in the least!!

He did great! Maybe it would ruin the magic for your everyday Disney visitor, but for fanatics like us, it only enhances the magic! :)

Loved this report! BOG is one of our favorites, and ice cream is a daily treat while at WDW, even more! KTTK is a lot of fun and interesting too. waiting for more:)

BOG and ice cream are MK staples if you ask me. ;) Thanks for reading!

Great feedback on the KTTK tour! I've been debating it, so it's great to have some more info.

Happy to help! It's amazing and I can't recommend it enough! :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Happy birthday. Your day looked amazing :)

Thank you! It definitely was. :joyfull:

Happy belated birthday!! I can't think of a better way to spend your birthday!! Can't wait to hear about another year in the parks!

Thank you! Another year of fun coming right up. ;)

Glad to see you came up with a title! Very cute! Maybe we'll make a trip report appearance in October if you guys are out and about that weekend!

Thanks! :) I'm sure that we'll be around so a meet up is definitely in the cards!

What a wonderful birthday! Wish I could spend my birthday in MK, but I guess I'm lucky enough to get to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary there just a week later LOL. Beggars can't be chooser, any Disney is better than no Disney LOL.

Soooo true! :) Maybe someday you'll get there for your birthday!

Looks like you had a great day! You definitely look like your 22~
It was wonderful! Aww thanks. ;)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Love the title. What a great way to spend your birthday, Dylan is very thoughtful.

Yes he is! One of my favorite qualities. :inlove:

Love the title. Glad you're still going to be posting because your TRs (as well as @Tuvalu's, @Doc Disney's, @sheriffwoody's, @wdisney9000's, and of course Max's whose forum name I can't think of right now) are what I read in the morning while I drink my first cup of coffee 😀

Edit: and how could I have forgotten to mention @lostpro9het's as well? (Obviously not enough coffee yet ... I clearly still haven't gotten my caffeine levels back up after spending the weekend at DLP with the sorry excuse for coffee there 😉)

Lol! We are all here to serve. :p

What an amazing birthday!!
This is going to sound so weird, but last night I had a dream that you were chosen to sleep in a Disney park. I can't remember what park it was or if that part was even in my dream. :hilarious: I recently read that article about the newlywed couple that was chosen to camp in AK, so I don't know if that is what brought on the dream or the fact that I'm on the forum so often. I came here to tell you about my dream then I read about you talking about the Cinderella suite! So, hey, maybe my dream will come true for you!

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: LOVE THIS! If they let me bring guests I'll be sure you're included since you dreamt it into life. :joyfull:

Looks like you had a wonderful birthday! Dylan did a great job!!

The best one yet! :)

Happy belated Birthday! Following along. I enjoyed last years trip report so much that I can't wait to see what this year holds for you! :)

Thank you! Happy to have you along for another year. :)

Way to go Dylan!! It looks like you had a very magical birthday! :)

It was certainly magical! :)

Sounds like a wonderful birthday celebration!
I love that you have a favorite drop sequence on ToT! True Disney expertise.
More than a little jealous!

Lol! I'm so grateful that life has led me to a point that allows me to have a favorite ToT drop sequence. ;)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It definitely won't ruin the magic! You'll love it. :)

Thank you! :)

Thank you! :) What other tours have you done? I'm working on compiling a list of ones for us to do in the future!

The best birthday present ever! Thank you! :)

Thank you! :) I remember you doing Keys and that's really what got me interested in doing it for myself. Is Backstage Magic the one that's 7 hours long?

Backstage Magic is the 7 hour tour but it goes by really fast. Worth the time and money.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Happy belated birthday! It looks like you had an amazing day :)

Thank you! It was magical. :joyfull:

I've done Backstage Magic since then and hubby did The magic behind our Steam Trains one. Would recommend KTTK over Backstage Magic, although both are very good. Trying to decide whether to do another when we are over in October.

We really want to do Backstage Magic and Wild Africa Trek!

Backstage Magic is the 7 hour tour but it goes by really fast. Worth the time and money.

Yes! I mentioned that one to Dylan and we agreed that we want to do it, though it's going to have to wait until after the wedding. ;)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Friday, July 20

My family was in town and my mom had one day left on the ticket she had bought a few months prior, so a day at HS was in order! From left to right... My brother (Michael), his girlfriend (Hope), her daughter (Karlee), my mom (Robin), my nephew (Peyton), and yours truly. 🤗
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6714.jpg

Hope's favorite Disney movie is The Little Mermaid, so we popped in for an under the sea show first!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6736.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6738.jpg

We walked through a few shops and I found these adorable socks. 😍@becca_ they would look great with that magic band I'm still trying to not buy. 😝
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_673b.jpg

We had fast passes for Star Tours next.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_673d.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_673e.jpg

After our ride, I left the group for a few minutes for a very important meet up outside of Indiana Jones. 😊
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_67ad.jpg

We look like we've been friends forever! ☺️
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_67ac.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_67ab.jpg

It was so fun getting to finally meet @LisaBelle and her sweet family! We stood and talked for awhile and it really was like old friends getting back together after time apart. 🙂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom