Trip Report LIVE - We're Andy's toys and we're going to play!

Hello again.
Well this trip has taken its time to come around. I'm sure you can all relate to that. The endless countdown that doesn't seem to get any smaller and all your friends going off to Disney while you're stuck at home. For those of you still there I feel your pain,

But

My turn has finally come and you get to share it with me, that is if you want to? Albeit in a virtual format.

I debated long and hard on whether to do another live report given all the time it took last year but I have decided I am going to try to give it a go again. I should be updating at the end of every day or in the mornings but everything depends on free WI fi. Fingers crossed.

For those of you who didn't read my last report (where were you?) here's a bit of background

Me Tracey
My husband Chris

image.jpeg

Disney mad, every comment in my life relates back to Disney. I've been travelling to Disney every November since 2000 (I went in Nov 1996 for the first time and then in Nov 1998 then May 1999) and then every year in November since.
Disney is a huge part of my life, I'm addicted and everyone thinks I'm mad (one of a kind, and a wee bit crazy) but I don't care - I love it and always will.
Chris isn't as mad as me (but that would be pretty impossible anyway) and pretends that he does it for me but I have those photos with the glint in his eye so who is he trying to kid?!

So here we are our 19th trip and I still get the excitement and butterflies in my stomach at the though of actually going back again. I will rack up 280 nights spent in POR during this trip and am aiming for 365 - a whole year of my life spent in Disney! That's my ambition and I think it's a pretty good one to have although Chris tells me not to admit that to anyone outside of this forum!

We've never had the same holiday even though we've been going back year after year, somehow each trip is different. I guess everyone on here can kind of relate to that too

So what's the plan?
We travel on Thursday 5th November from Gatwick at 1pm a later flight than we normally take but it was the only Virgin Atlantic flight out on this day. We are staying for 15 nights at our beloved Port Orleans Riverside - POR
We have Disney Dining plan so our meals are taken care of - we normally come home with loads to spare.
We have a 14 day Disney pass so our first day will be at Universal (as we are staying 15 nights and have to go to Magic Kingdom the day we leave)
We have BOG (be our guest for any non Disney abbreviation friends reading - Lianne at work! (not a toilet reference as some of my non Disney friends thought when I told them!) - this is a restaurant themed on Beauty and the Beast, my favourite film) booked for 2 lunches but apart from that these 15 days are all mine to absorb as much Disney as possible to keep me going another year.
And of course there will be ice cream every day (something I have to do while on holiday and will definitely feature A LOT in this report - as it did in the last one too!) and hopefully a few WDW Magic meet ups along the way. There are quite a few of us there so I am sure we will be running into each other.

My brother Mark and his wife Claire were meant to join us on this trip however, Claire was told in July that she had to be at a meeting on 13th Nov and her company said they would pay for travel costs etc to get her there. This would have meant loosing a week of their holiday though in terms of travel time etc. We all looked at travel dates to move but it wasn't possible so they have re booked for 2016 so will be joining us then. I was so looking forward to showing them the full on Disney experience of staying on site etc but it just wasn't meant to be (this time!) I was really disappointed not to have them join us, but it won't spoil our fun. I think they will feel the pain more than us!

And just in case you want to follow along @coachwnh and @prfctlyximprct (for helping me with Disney blues in the past) @LisaBelle thanks for your message earlier this week and hopefully this report will help pass the days until your Feb trip (keep up the training) - @Minnesota disney fan who contacted me direct and we have shared email and Facebook messages since about May this year (looking forward to meeting you in person on 12th Nov in Magic Kingdom) @Zipitidoda so you can enjoy more of my gorillapod shots which you enjoyed from my last trip report @PrincessOfDisneyworld who actually read my last trip report 3 times, (I am still touched you enjoyed it that much) and @Tiggertoo56 who read my report twice and this time last year was in Disney - I hope this helps re live some memories.
And obviously welcome to any previous or new readers - you are all more than welcome

So, I am at home sorting out the last bits and Chris is still in London and we want to leave for the airport in 2 hours for our overnight stay in a hotel before our long 9 1/2 hour ish flight tomorrow to "Our laughing place"
I've pinched myself and it hurt so it's actually happening! Zip a dee do dah
See you on the other side........

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh....... We're finally off. (Well nearly!)

slipperalwaysfits

Hmmmmmmmm and what did you want later? I'm eagerly awaiting the rest of your Monday magic! Funny about Dino sayings! It's amazing how many sayings you hear/love at Disney become part of your life. For example, I made our wedding website for next year and the address is: wheretheslipperalwaysfits....I might be a tad obsessed. :rolleyes::)

Southern@❤️

I
I love him too, I have some video I will try to upload shortly (if it works)
Good luck with just finding one Alex & Ani but I bet you get more!
Thanks for sticking with me

Just proves every safari is different!

The video was mashed together pretty quickly so nothing special but glad you liked it.
Like you say I can sleep when I get home, at the moment I need to get as much Disney as possible to last me until next year.

So it's not a US thing then?!
I wouldn't like to be under them in a car on a windy day.

Lol, that made me laugh, I hadn't thought of that but now you come to say it!

Ah, so sorry not to have seen you before you left. It was great meeting you too I really enjoyed our morning together. I met your mum again on Saturday and hopefully we will catch up before we leave. They told me you had bought presents (even though you said you wouldn't!) glad they still love you.
Same time next year if you fancy it?
DID end up caving into "mom guilt" and bought the kids a little something from Disney"..what can I say" I am a big softie'! As for next year, I'd love to, but will have to wait and see what life brings! Have fun!!

Longers

Original Poster
Our next stop was the jungle trek,
Saw these tigers walking around

image.jpeg

Then took this random picture of our shadows (making the most of the sunshine)

image.jpeg

We then headed for the safari (no great pictures today) just this one I like as it has a safari truck behind the giraffe.

image.jpeg

We then went to get some lunch before leaving Animal Kingdom for the last time this trip :(

We were in the car and on the way to Magic Kingdom

I love Disney roads

image.jpeg

And Disney signs

image.jpeg

We took the monorail from the transport and ticket centre over to the MK and arrived just in time to see the last few floats from the parade

I would never get fed up with this view

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

We had some time before our first FP so we did some sorcerer windows and completed our level and got gold status! We are helping keep the villans at bay.

On our way we passed the Swiss family tree house which we haven't done for a few years (now I remember why) but we did manage to get this photo

image.jpeg

Longers

Original Poster
We then went on BTMR and spotted this Alligator on the way back to Main Street

image.jpeg

It was then ice cream time - yum yum.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

We then headed to 7DMT and Mickeys Philharmagic before heading back towards Main Street and this beautiful sight.

image.jpeg

We had a FP with Mickey Mouse that we were headed for.
Mickey spoke to us and thanked us for coming back to see him, he asked if we were having fun and said he would se us next year. It was pretty cool to speak to him

image.jpeg

Longers

Original Poster
We then watched the MSEP

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The MK was heaving tonight - it was crazy busy so much so the opening hours were extended tonight.

I had wanted to stay until closing but I just decided to leave, the crowds were welcome to stay together!

We took this picture before leaving.

image.jpeg

We decided to take the boat back to TTC - oh why can't I live in the castle?

image.jpeg

And once at the other side decided to wait for the 8pm fireworks

image.jpeg

Sorry this is our best shot!

Tomorrow we are going to probably head to Typhoon Lagoon for a couple of hours before going to Epcot tomorrow afternoon. We are going to make a final decision in the morning.

Night

Longers

Original Poster
Enjoy the next four days and soak up as much magic as possible!
Hmmmmmmmm and what did you want later? I'm eagerly awaiting the rest of your Monday magic! Funny about Dino sayings! It's amazing how many sayings you hear/love at Disney become part of your life. For example, I made our wedding website for next year and the address is: wheretheslipperalwaysfits....I might be a tad obsessed. :rolleyes::)

I will give it a good go!
It's the little sayings that just bring a smile to your face with every day life and there's nothing wrong with being obsessed!

Longers

Original Poster
I

DID end up caving into "mom guilt" and bought the kids a little something from Disney"..what can I say" I am a big softie'! As for next year, I'd love to, but will have to wait and see what life brings! Have fun!!

I will, I showed your Mum another photo I took of us both on Splash mountain that I posted! She did laugh so I think we are still friends!

KathyJetson

Those are awesome pictures of the lions! I usually just end up with a shot of lion butt.

We're going to look for the alligator when we're there. So many people have been saying they have seen them lately.

Enjoy the rest of your trip and just live in the moment!

DisneyFans4Life

Your trip report is making work so much more fun for me lol. I always wish I was at Disney instead of work and looking at your pictures helps get through the day. Of course it also helps that we're going to Disney this weekend lol.

Longers

Original Poster
Those are awesome pictures of the lions! I usually just end up with a shot of lion butt.

We're going to look for the alligator when we're there. So many people have been saying they have seen them lately.

Enjoy the rest of your trip and just live in the moment!

We were very lucky with the lions.
And the alligator was in the water as you walk from the riverboat toward BTMR
I am living every moment as I don't want it to end - I guess when mine stops yours starts though.

Your trip report is making work so much more fun for me lol. I always wish I was at Disney instead of work and looking at your pictures helps get through the day. Of course it also helps that we're going to Disney this weekend lol.

Glad to be helping your days towards your trip go faster. I might need a TR from you to get me over my Disney blues!
But for the moment I have more days to pack in as much Disney Magic that's possible

Wendy Pleakley

Thank you for following
Like you say it's always funny when others get wet or when there is a group of you but our trainers were soaked and even with the 80 degree heat the trainers were kind of drying but outpr socks weren't. Oh well!

I always carry extra socks if I know I'm going on a water ride. Heck, it's a good idea to have extra socks just in case. Shirts will dry, socks will dry, shoes will eventually dry, but socks on your feet will not dry.

Longers

Original Poster
Glad you guys are still having a wonderful time! You are enjoy all kinds of ice cream!!

Thanks - yes wonder what we will get today?

I always carry extra socks if I know I'm going on a water ride. Heck, it's a good idea to have extra socks just in case. Shirts will dry, socks will dry, shoes will eventually dry, but socks on your feet will not dry.

Yes we've learnt our lesson, next time it's water shoes, no socks or trainers.

Longers

Original Poster
Tuesday 17th November

Well we have had another packed day.

This morning we were in Typhoon lagoon just after 10am

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Despite putting the car keys, and a few dollars in one of those waterproof cases, after going in the wave pool the catch had undone and there was water inside it - whoops, but those waves are fierce!
We then had to dry out our $15 in the sun.

We spent a couple of hours just chillin out! Unusual for us but it was only 2 hours as shortly after 12 we left and were headed back to Riverside for a shower etc.

By 1.15pm we were in Epcot. We've been here a few times this trip but normally late evening and I wanted to give it some more time today to enjoy everything about it.

First stop spaceship earth as we've only done this once so far this trip - how has that happened?!

image.jpeg

Then mission space for Chris (I did this once a few years ago, the spinning version, and I was ill for hours afterwards) so he goes it alone now!

We then stopped for some lunch and then started our trip around the world showcase

We had a picture in every country, you"ll have to work them out for yourselves.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Longers

Original Poster
Our journey around the world continued....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

We obviously picked up an ice cream along the way - lemon swirl - now I know a lot of people drink around the world but why can't they all sell ice cream and then I could have 1 in every country! Now there's a though.....

image.jpeg

Here are some other shots we took today on our travels.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

We headed back to TT for our FP and then decided to go to do Spaceship earth again as it was only a 5 min wait.

We walked back towards world showcase looking into the water for the turtle we saw a few nights ago and some 4ft fish we also saw swimming around, but we didn't see them tonight.

We finished our night watching Illuminations and then headed back to Riverside. On the way we could see the MK fireworks so we stopped in our car park and watched over the trees, as these ended we heard more fireworks going off in the direction of HS.
Wow what a way to end a day.

Tomorrow we are headed back to HS
Thanks for reading - those of you still with me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom