Live trip report 9/13-9/18

I'll be spending a few days in the world this week and will try to post a daily report. Unfortunately it will be all words with no pictures.

who: Myself (30m) Sister (21) Bro-in-law (23)

I drove down Sunday afternoon from Atlanta and made it in record time for me, about 6.5 hours. There were cops all over the place on I-75 but luckily they were all busy with someone else when I went flying by.

We're staying in a house in Kissimmee off Poinciana Blvd S, it's really not that far from the World. I got in around 10PM, had a quick dinner at Perkins. I like that place and we don't have them in Georgia. We went to bed early and woke up around 630.

We spent all day at MK. It took about 15 minutes from our front door to the time I parked in the MK lot and we arrived about 815 and were in the 2nd row behind the handicapped parking. We headed straight to the ticket booth. My BIL is in the Air Force and we bought the special tickets they are offering service members this year. We caught the opening ceremony and headed down Main street stopping for one picture on the way. Because we're off property and not on any sort of dining plan and we haven't been planning the trip for very long we didn't try to make any ADR's and will play it by ear all week. I first went to Crystal Palace to see if they had any openings for today and they did not but they were taking walk-ins, decided to maybe check back later in the afternoon because we weren't ready for breakfast yet. After that it was off to JC, great skipper, I believe his name was Ian. I feel sorry for the skippers who work the first runs of the day, people aren't awake enough to totally get the humor and while the skipper was good the rest of the guests didn't seem too entertained. Next we walked onto Pirates, no Davey Jones but the rest of the ride seemed alright. From Pirates to Magic Carpets and then Tiki room. Walked on Splash in about 5 minutes, didn't get too wet. I'm no expert on the inner workings of the ride but I didn't notice any audio issues or other issues. From Splash we did BTMRR and waited maybe 8-10 min. Next was Country Bears and after that it was around noon and we were hungry. We decided to try to get into Liberty Tree since we were in the area and if we couldn't get in there we were just going to do quick service somewhere. They took our name at Liberty Tree and told us it might be about 15-25 min but our pager went off after about 5 min. I had the Chicken Pasta, Sister had a roast beef sandwhich and my BIL had the Cheeseburger and everyting was delicious and service was excellent.
After lunch we went to HM and had about a 15 minute wait. After HM we checked out the updated Hall of Presidents and I didn't doze off at all which I guess is a good review. I thought it was pretty good and actually moving in some parts. I'd hate to see this after another 240 years though after we've added another 40 something Presidents, the roll call will last forever. We viewed the parade from the area behind the Christmas Shop in Liberty Square, you really get a good view of the action as they come over the bridge. From here it was MiLF, my picture was on the screen with the caption "Can burp the alphabet" and they used a joke my BIL texted, so it was a good show. Buzz had about a 10 minute wait at around 4PM, I suck at this. We went from Buzz to TTA and did one lap around then walked on to Stitch. This was my first time doing Stitch, not as lame as I keep hearing it is, but not as good as Alien Encounter. From Stitch we did one spin on the Teacups and then headed over to Peter Pan. This was the longest line we saw all day at about 30 min. posted time but we had picked up a few fastpasses earlier, so it was not a long wait. Next we did Small World and Pooh. The Pooh ride is very cute and I like the way the car bounces and sways depending on the scene you're in however the ride kept stopping and it really took away from the full effect. After Pooh we stopped for a pretzel and then my sister and I walked the stores on Main Street while my BIL went to the Swiss Family Treehouse. Once I got to the end of the street I was pretty much done for the night. My sis and bil watched the parade while I did a couple laps on the train and relaxed on a comfy bench for a while. We left at the start of Wishes and might go back one night later in the week to try to catch it again, we were just too tired and sore to stay any longer.

That's it for tonight. We're doing AK and DHS tomorrow (9/15) and EPCOT on Thursday.

davidpw97

Original Poster
It was an exhausting day at AK and DHS today but I feel like we got alot done and a few things I had never done before.

Arrived a little after the park opened and went straight to the safari. The animals were great while the driver seemed kinda bored with his job like he was just going through the motions. We rode the train over to Rafiki's area and in conservation station we got to watch the vets knock out a porcupine so they could run some tests on it. It was pretty interesting. We walked a couple trails, did single rider on Everest a couple times, played a few games in Dino-rama and that was about it for AK. Personally, if it wasn't for Everest i'd probably avoid AK, not a big animal person and I figure I could see most of those animals at my local zoo if I really wanted to.
We drove from AK to DHS and went looking for food as soon as we got there. We were able to walk into 50's Prime Time at 2pm with less than a 5 minute wait. I was worried we'd have trouble getting into a sit down meal this week because of free dining but so far that's 2 days in a row we've been able to walk-in someplace and get a seat pretty quickly without any ADR's. After lunch we caught the parade and went to Star Tours. The parade is cute and the floats look pretty cool but the dance segments seem a little long. I feel bad for the performers having to be out there in the heat like that and having to be so active and energetic. They were really sweating by the end of the route. After that it was on to Muppets which is really showing it's age. I hope after they update Star Tours they can work on updating this show. We walked over to TSM after Muppets and it was down at the time. My sis and bil went to do something else and I sat on a bench across from the ride and waited for a bit. After about 15 minutes they opened up again and I got in line. This was my first time and I thought it was pretty fun but I wouldn't wait an hour to do it. Wandered around the park for a while afterwards. My Sis and bil got in line for Fantasmic but I skipped it. I didn't feel like sitting out in the heat for 2 hours and it started raining. I did one spin on RnR and then a couple trips up ToT. The first time it was only myself and one other person and the 2nd time I was the only one on my elevator. I don't know if that happens alot at the end of the day but it was certainly different. It's so quiet when you're the only one on the ride.
Anyway, it was a long day but a good day. It's nice to be down here when it's not super crowded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom