LIVE Toy Soldier Drummers at Disneyland...wish we had at WDW...

disney magic 06

They're brilliant. We love the soldiers in the parades too, we were gutted last week at DLP, the soldiers in the Christmas parade have been replaced by elves. Four sulky faces from us :(

TP2000

I believe these are the same percusionist that lead Mickey's Soundsational Parade.

Yes, in the afternoons between performances of the Soundsational Parade, Disneyland sends this great drumline of young guys out to do little shows in the Small World Mall. Here's their regular summer show in between parades. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9JWFAbu0aM

Here's the same drummers leading off with the drumline at the start of Mickey's Soundsational Parade. The drumline makes more sense when you realize Mickey Mouse is on the traditional "Drum Float" in use in one form or another at Disneyland since the late 1950's, but this time Mickey is actually winking and talking and playing a real drum set! Here's the first minute of Soundsational Parade with the drums... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXijuLmOShc&feature=related

It's all a big play on the traditional drum float that Mickey rides in on at Disneyland for the past 50 years.

Mickey Mouse Drum Float Circa 1960 - Disneyland USA
tms-641a.jpg

Mickey Mouse Drum Float Circa 2011 - Disneyland USA
4_11_dl_01633_7989_11286_7990_11286_lr.jpg

The YouTube of the drum show linked above in the first post is simply a re-tooled version of this concept for the Christmas season. This is performed in the afternoon, in between the two daily performances of the Christmas Fantasy Parade at Disneyland. This drummer show is meant to evoke the marching Toy Soldiers that start the Christmas Fantasy parade, but you can see that it's not quite the same costume and allows them to show their real faces.

The Toy Soldiers - Disneyland Christmas Fantasy Parade

Disneyland Christmas Fantasy Parade by Thom Watson, on Flickr

I'm forever confused on when Magic Kingdom Park at WDW starts and/or shows its Christmas parade for regular park visitors. :veryconfu But perhaps during those weeks when the Christmas parade is only being shown for private party customers, WDW could use this type of small drummer show to evoke the Toy Soliders from the iconic Christmas parade instead?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm forever confused on when Magic Kingdom Park at WDW starts and/or shows its Christmas parade for regular park visitors. :veryconfu But perhaps during those weeks when the Christmas parade is only being shown for private party customers, WDW could use this type of small drummer show to evoke the Toy Soliders from the iconic Christmas parade instead?

It is basically the same each year. Here is the schedule for this year http://www.wdwmagic.com/christmas.htm

TP2000

It is basically the same each year. Here is the schedule for this year http://www.wdwmagic.com/christmas.htm

Ah, okay, thank you very much! :wave:

And yet the actual date changes and flexes from year to year. But am I right in assuming that the Christmas parade at Magic Kingdom Park begins performing for regular day customers on the Monday before Christmas? Or is it just roughly a week before Christmas Day, regardless of which day Christmas falls on that year?

I'm really a numbers guy, and the actual numbered date keeps changing year to year, so is there a specific code to figuring out when the Christmas Parade begins regular performances at Magic Kingdom Park without paying for a party ticket?

That's just one of those things that is so totally opposite compared to Disneyland, that's its hard to wrap my mind around really. :lol:

R W B

IMO I'd much rather the box style toy soldier costume they have at WDW over that video. Both are cool but I think the ones in the parade at WDW look more real.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom