Live band karaoke at Atlantic Dance

71jason

Original Poster

jt04

Great idea!

Would also like to see a bowling alley added to the boardwalk area. Guaranteed to stay busy without pulling customers from DTD.

I just think that in time Splitsville will be full every night especially once Disney Springs gets going.

MarkTwain

Surprised this wasn't posted over the weekend, but King Bob at the Save PI blog reports Atlantic Dance Hall is going to start experimenting with live band karaoke (think Rising Star) beginning this Thursday. Also, ADH will be charging a cover for the first time ever outside NYE.

http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/2014/03/breaking-news-karaoke-tonight-at-adh.html

Not sure what to make of this.

Interesting... does this mean business is picking up? My last couple times in there the place was pretty dead. I'd love a place to dance on property if the crowd were good.

[/actually a 20-something]

Irie

Great idea!

Would also like to see a bowling alley added to the boardwalk area. Guaranteed to stay busy without pulling customers from DTD.

I just think that in time Splitsville will be full every night especially once Disney Springs gets going.
No. I'm glad you are not in charge. Then again, maybe you are. Stop trying to turn WDW into everybody's local mall/outlet mall. I realize you don't go to WDW much at all, but the rest of us would like to experience something exciting and different for our $3,500+. You really need to get out more.

71jason

Original Poster
anyone know what band it is?

Kind of curious if I recognize any familiar faces from around property. Frankie, from Frankie & The West End Boys, has been known to DJ here. Would be funny if it was, say, Off-Kilter. (Pure speculation, no idea who is in the band.)

71jason

Original Poster
Interesting... does this mean business is picking up? My last couple times in there the place was pretty dead. I'd love a place to dance on property if the crowd were good.

[/actually a 20-something]

Generally a radical departure from the existing plan means no, the existing plan is not pulling in business.

ADH really depends on covention-goers in the surrounding hotels. If there is a big convention in town, a Wednesday night there can be somewhat busy; by contrast, a Friday or Saturday is often dead. There's zero marketing for the club and it's a pain to get to whether you're driving or relying on WDW buses, so it doesn't pull a lot of locals or tourists outside the Swolphin, Yacht/Beach Clubs and Boardwalk.

jt04

No. I'm glad you are not in charge. Then again, maybe you are. Stop trying to turn WDW into everybody's local mall/outlet mall. I realize you don't go to WDW much at all, but the rest of us would like to experience something exciting and different for our $3,500+. You really need to get out more.

Guests need evening diversions and bowling is a great option. It would certainly attract a percentage of guests of the tens of thousands staying on property each day. If it isn't for you just don't go inside.

I really do not see why trying to provide something for everyone should be seen as a problem.

Irie

Guests need evening diversions and bowling is a great option. It would certainly attract a percentage of guests of the tens of thousands staying on property each day. If it isn't for you just don't go inside.

I really do not see why trying to provide something for everyone should be seen as a problem.
There is already a bowling alley on property that is under utilized on most nights, no need for another one.

wdwfan4ver

I still like the concept, haven't seen Tom Casey (what happened to Elliot Dyson?)--but costumes???

Unless this becomes a big CM hit--which it easily could--I fear they may not have enough volunteers willing to make that kind of commitment. Hard enough getting people just to sing.
Disney got a rid of Elliott last year in April because a lot of the people he brought in didn't buy a lot of drinks and Management had problems with that.

Tom's type of music is much different than Elliott's is and it might work at the Atlantic Dane Hall depending on what type of music they want. I am saying that because the type of music he does it pop compare to Elliott's music being jazz. Tom is capable of doing stuff like "Piano Man" by Billy Joel.

When I was a Port Orleans French Quarter last year in late August to Early September, I had a chance to hear him. What I notice was, Tom had problems connecting with the audience.

Last edited:

Nubs70

Disney got a rid of Elliott last year in April because a lot of the people he brought in didn't buy a lot of drinks and Management had problems with that.

Tom's type of music is much different than Elliott's is and it might work at the Atlantic Dane Hall depending on what type of music they want. I am saying that because the type of music he does it pop compare to Elliott's music being jazz. Tom is capable of doing stuff like "Piano Man" by Billy Joel.

When I was a Port Orleans French Quarter last year in late August to Early September, I had a chance to hear him. What I notice was, Tom had problems connecting with the audience.
I found Tom to come off as the stereotypical lounge singer. So much so I went looking for the carpeting on the wall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom