Live Action Rapunzel in the works

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Jesus Christ why? Tangled is only 9 years old... Disney needs to stop.
No joke...this is creatively embarrassing
Then I wonder who's been giving Disney all those billions of dollars for all those live action remakes?

It's almost like Disney isn't catering exclusively to your tastes.
You gotta not do their laundry for them on every topic. Every. Single. One.

By the way...just got out of Onward and it was incredible. The concept is just awesome and the backstory is maybe the most heart of any Pixar film...ever.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Not posting...defending every bad Disney move. They make tons of mistakes. Contrary to popular opinion. I can think of a few recently

I've plenty of critical posts. You forget them because it doesn't support your narrative. Which is something you're prone to do.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I've plenty of critical posts. You forget them because it doesn't support your narrative. Which is something you're prone to do.
I tend to put points on the board simply though observation and common sense. No charts needed.

You forget that...something you do - but not as much as kamikaze and Irish bruh...

I’ll give you that

They’re making a remake of a 2010 movie...what do they do after the Moana remake? Outta material to remake...start over again?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's your way of saying "no facts needed."

Is that your way of saying the Disney trilogy is “just like” the original one based on your charts?

I don’t remember a dumpster fire burning out front of Skywalker ranch in 1984 (unless you include the one with the dailies of temple of doom)

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Is that your way of saying the Disney trilogy is “just like” the original one based on your charts?

I don’t remember a dumpster fire burning out front of Skywalker ranch in 1984 (unless you include the one with the dailies of temple of doom)

There you go unable to let go of Star Wars and bring it up in this thread.

Get help.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I tend to put points on the board simply though observation and common sense. No charts needed.

You forget that...something you do - but not as much as kamikaze and Irish bruh...

I’ll give you that

They’re making a remake of a 2010 movie...what do they do after the Moana remake? Outta material to remake...start over again?

Wow, there was no reason to call me out since I haven't interacted with you in months.

Here is a news flash for you, do I like everything Disney has done recently, NO!!!!!!! But is ranting about my issues with their missteps on a silly fan forum going to help, NO!!!!!! However as a Disney stockholder I have enjoyed the return on my investment 100 fold. So there is that.

For example I'm not fond of the constant remakes, but do I enjoy them for what they are and the money they make, yes. Until Onward, a recent thing, I don't think I have seen you post anything positive about modern Disney. And don't get me started on your constant ranting about the Disney SW Trilogy in every thread even if its not SW related, such as this one. Let it go already, Disney has already recouped their investment. Something as an stockholder I'm happy with.

Bottom line there was no reason to even bring me up with any issue you have with Penguin, keep me out of it. No offense @MisterPenguin we are cool as always.... :cool:

Sorry to everyone else for derailing the thread, rant over..... Back to the regularly schedule thread....

General Mayhem

It is...by far the best Disney movie of the modern era...

It should be promoted as that...not Remade for quick bucks
Meh, Tangled was simply ok, I prefer Frozen (just the first one). Frozen is the only Disney animated musical from the past 20 years that remotely stacks up with the Disney renaissance. Tangled and PatF both felt like experiments and not full blown films.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wow, there was no reason to call me out since I haven't interacted with you in months.

Here is a news flash for you, do I like everything Disney has done recently, NO!!!!!!! But is ranting about my issues with their missteps on a silly fan forum going to help, NO!!!!!! However as a Disney stockholder I have enjoyed the return on my investment 100 fold. So there is that.

For example I'm not fond of the constant remakes, but do I enjoy them for what they are and the money they make, yes. Until Onward, a recent thing, I don't think I have seen you post anything positive about modern Disney. And don't get me started on your constant ranting about the Disney SW Trilogy in every thread even if its not SW related, such as this one. Let it go already, Disney has already recouped their investment. Something as an stockholder I'm happy with.

Bottom line there was no reason to even bring me up with any issue you have with Penguin, keep me out of it. No offense @MisterPenguin we are cool as always.... :cool:

Sorry to everyone else for derailing the thread, rant over..... Back to the regularly schedule thread....
I actually called out the wrong guy...I apologize to him.

But where have you been? Did you use the force go find that post? (That’s rhetorical...the answer to that one is pretty obvious)

You had a lot of patronizing/condescending bluster awhile back...didn’t pan out, did it?

Now we can go our ways. I’m glad you don’t always agree with Disney. It makes the world a little better. Or at least accountable.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Meh, Tangled was simply ok, I prefer Frozen (just the first one). Frozen is the only Disney animated musical from the past 20 years that remotely stacks up with the Disney renaissance. Tangled and PatF both felt like experiments and not full blown films.
Opinions vary...

I think tangled reinvented the animation studio into the new “modern look”. I think it doesn’t better on hitting the emotional notes too.

My opinion is the lanterns scene is one of the best blends of animation and song Disney has ever done.

But I can’t begrudge any varying opinions on something of equal quality.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I actually called out the wrong guy...I apologize to him.

But where have you been? Did you use the force go find that post? (That’s rhetorical...the answer to that one is pretty obvious)

You had a lot of patronizing/condescending bluster awhile back...didn’t pan out, did it?

Now we can go our ways. I’m glad you don’t always agree with Disney. It makes the world a little better. Or at least accountable.
I've been here, just not posting on a daily basis. I've read all your posts, just like I've read everyone else's.

I don't believe I had any patronizing or condescending bluster toward you (as least none more so than you threw at me), but if so I apologize. As for anything I posted about SW previously, I stand by it. Do I think the fandom had issues with the Trilogy, obviously. But overall I think the Trilogy, again for what is was, was ok. Was it great, no. Was it the best they could do, no. Will it go down as the best SW produced, obviously not. But was it ok for what they were trying to do, yeah. I'm more curious to see what they are doing with Project Luminous. And really based on what I'm hearing its been in the works for years (some rumors have it being worked on since before Disney bought Lucas) with a unified story arc throughout similar to Marvel, something fans have been yelling for.

Anyways, I don't want to continue to derail this thread. But I'm see positive signs out of LucasFilms.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I've been here, just not posting on a daily basis. I've read all your posts, just like I've read everyone else's.

I don't believe I had any patronizing or condescending bluster toward you (as least none more so than you threw at me), but if so I apologize. As for anything I posted about SW previously, I stand by it. Do I think the fandom had issues with the Trilogy, obviously. But overall I think the Trilogy, again for what is was, was ok. Was it great, no. Was it the best they could do, no. Will it go down as the best SW produced, obviously not. But was it ok for what they were trying to do, yeah. I'm more curious to see what they are doing with Project Luminous. And really based on what I'm hearing its been in the works for years (some rumors have it being worked on since before Disney bought Lucas) with a unified story arc throughout similar to Marvel, something fans have been yelling for.

Anyways, I don't want to continue to derail this thread. But I'm see positive signs out of LucasFilms.
Fair enough.

I hope to see a very positive sweeping of the decks at LFL soon...Like Horatio Nelson style

More to follow

LSLS

For me, this all hinges on what they are doing. If it's going the way of Lion King, yuck. If they are going the way of Maleficent, I'm really interested.

*Jules*

In the Parks
No
It may just be me , but this trend for Disney Live Action films is becoming overkill. In the past there has been some that have been a hit for me and others a miss for me. I just wish they would concentrate on something new even if it is more of Onward.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom