Little Mermaid wait time opening day

CaptainShortty

I was there around 5 and it said 30 minutes but it wasn't close to that. I'd say around 15-20 and some of that had to do with everyone stopping to take pictures and "play" inside the queue. The queue however is enormous and will be able to accommodate a HUGH crowd if needed.

wilkeliza

Longest I saw was 50 minutes and that was after the ride had sat idle for about 30 minutes. We were through the queue in no time at all and then right before we turned the corner to load the system stopped (CMS were telling little kids that the fish were tired and wouldn't sing so they needed to go wake them up haha) and it took 30 minutes to get it started back up and running. Besides that it was 20 or less minutes the full day.

I rode twice yesterday, waited 15 minutes once and 20 minutes the second time

If your looking for long lines then Enchanted Tales with Belle is the place. It had a wait time posted at an hour, but was Probalby only about 40 minutes. But I can only imagine after official opening and fastpass then lines could be 2+ hours easily

Lokheed

Ben went on it four times today. I have *so* been looking forward to this day ever since SWSA closed. Ben has been moping around the park, visiting The Graveyard of Snow White's Scary Adventures (TGOSWSA), and generally been miserable in the park since the end of May. Today he came alive, and was absolutely mesmerized by the whole thing. The posted wait time every time we went on it was 30-40 minutes, although the first time we went to visit it was closed for a little while. They are definitely still working out some kinks, but the queue moves right along. That omnimover just sucks people right up.

Nemo14

Ben went on it four times today. I have *so* been looking forward to this day ever since SWSA closed. Ben has been moping around the park, visiting The Graveyard of Snow White's Scary Adventures (TGOSWSA), and generally been miserable in the park since the end of May. Today he came alive, and was absolutely mesmerized by the whole thing. The posted wait time every time we went on it was 30-40 minutes, although the first time we went to visit it was closed for a little while. They are definitely still working out some kinks, but the queue moves right along. That omnimover just sucks people right up.

Glad he found something to replace SWSA. Are you going to keep track of how many times he does this one now?

Pixiedustmaker

Has Ben ever asked to go to Disneyland? Thank goodness they still have SWSA there, in addition to Toad Hall. I can't believed they closed down SWSA at the Magic Kingdom, figured the ride would always be there. Hope Ben continues to enjoy Mermaid and he might like the Seven Dwarfs coaster when it opens.

Lokheed

Nemo14 - Kept count today, we'll see what happens. I really do have mixed feelings about the closure of SWSA in that we were clearly sad to see it go, but in the long run it is a net positive to not have him so obsessed with a ride. Once nice thing I noted about JotLTM is that the ride itself is nearly twice as long as SWSA was, and with the line configuration it is physically impossible for him to cycle through multiple rides as quickly. On SWSA it was possible to do three rides in under ten minutes, whereas with JotLM even after the opening crowds go away and it becomes a walk on he would be hard pressed to do it three times in a half hour.

Pixiedustmaker - He has not been on an airplane since we moved to Central Florida in 2003, and that was a fairly difficult flight. Ten years later, however, I think he would do much better. Honestly I would really love to take him to Disneyland Paris, that's the version that is closest to the WDW one. I think he would really like it. And truth be told, I am sure my wife would not object to me taking her to Paris on vacation...

Nemo14

I totally "get" those mixed feelings.While we all know how much he loved that ride, its demise was probably a blessing in disguise, and it fortunately happened at a time when he was probably old enough to handle it. Please keep us posted .

miles1

I was there around 5 and it said 30 minutes but it wasn't close to that. I'd say around 15-20 and some of that had to do with everyone stopping to take pictures and "play" inside the queue. The queue however is enormous and will be able to accommodate a HUGH crowd if needed.

Do you think that many guys named "HUGH" would show up at the same time? (just kidding with you)

doctornick

No FP yet (I think) to muck it up. It's a people-eater.
Question about FP for this.... Aren't the FP machines supposed to be located accross the walkway next to 7DMT (along with the Mermaid gift shop)? Or is there a spot for them on the same side of the ride?

If I am recalling correctly, will they have FP at this time? Will they use the recently vacated Philharmagic FP machines that Dumbo was using?

SyracuseOrange

Walk-on at DCA
This is exactly what I was thinking. I haven't been to WDW since 2009, but I visited Anaheim a few weeks ago and never experienced more than a 5 minute wait for Little Mermaid. It's a nice ride, but I don't think I'd wait more than 20 minutes for it (but I won't wait more than 20 minutes for pretty much anything other than Crush's Coaster in DLP or Space Mountain in Disneyland.)

nbgrif4060

I rode Little Mermaid today. The standby line said 35 minutes but Fastpasses are already avaliable and we used them. The machines were right by the ones for winnie the pooh. It was a walk on using the fastpasses!

RSoxNo1

Nemo14 - Kept count today, we'll see what happens. I really do have mixed feelings about the closure of SWSA in that we were clearly sad to see it go, but in the long run it is a net positive to not have him so obsessed with a ride. Once nice thing I noted about JotLTM is that the ride itself is nearly twice as long as SWSA was, and with the line configuration it is physically impossible for him to cycle through multiple rides as quickly. On SWSA it was possible to do three rides in under ten minutes, whereas with JotLM even after the opening crowds go away and it becomes a walk on he would be hard pressed to do it three times in a half hour.

Pixiedustmaker - He has not been on an airplane since we moved to Central Florida in 2003, and that was a fairly difficult flight. Ten years later, however, I think he would do much better. Honestly I would really love to take him to Disneyland Paris, that's the version that is closest to the WDW one. I think he would really like it. And truth be told, I am sure my wife would not object to me taking her to Paris on vacation...
It's nice to see that he has found a new favorite, I wish your family the best of luck.

Edit: Also, the description on the attraction sign is exactly the same as the one in DCA.

AEfx

From my previous experience with soft-opens, I rarely see the sign dip below 30. It was like that with Star Tours and SGE. Even if it's less, they like to keep it at 30 - either for reasons of perception, or inevitable shake-down issues that may delay the ride here and there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom