Little Mermaid Video

EPCOTPluto

Yes...EPCOTExplorer Sensory Prediction.:lookaroun

No, just EPCOT Sensory Prediction. :lookaroun

Fashionista007: a dinglehopper would be weird. Try a snarfblatt. ;)

208907_1242113302938_478_300.jpg

Tinkyroo

I am SO hoping WDW gets this as well. It really needs it! When will they officially announce if WDW is getting this too? Or have they? Do you think they will be made at the same time with same opening date of 2011?

RSoxNo1

I think Ariel should be sitting in the clammobile with you, it would take care of the female focus in Fantasyland.

ToTBellHop

I am SO hoping WDW gets this as well. It really needs it! When will they officially announce if WDW is getting this too? Or have they? Do you think they will be made at the same time with same opening date of 2011?
if they started building now it could open in late 2011 (they'd be reasonably close to the point construction is at in California), but we'll have to see if they do so.

I actually don't mind the Clam Mobiles--they fit the theming. A blue car would not fit the theming at all. They worked in Seabase Alpha, Spaceship Earth, and the TTA b/c they match the theming, but they have no place in Ariel's world. The odds of suspended Clam Mobiles are pretty low. One of the major reasons you clone rides is to save money, and creating a completely new ride system wouldn't really save money. Why reinvent the wheel for such a negligible change in the ride experience?

yeti

Original Poster
if they started building now it could open in late 2011 (they'd be reasonably close to the point construction is at in California), but we'll have to see if they do so.

That's right. In DCA, I'd say the process of actually constructing the ride's building won't begin until this fall at the earliest. Right now I think they're working around the Golden Dreams theater, and after they finish that, they've still got to demolish the theater.

What I mean to say is, we haven't got a 347 seat theater to bulldoze, so we've still got time. :) Time enough, perhaps, for an October announcement? :shrug:

EPCOTPluto

Something I was wondering. With VoTLM in the MK, what does it mean for the show in DHS?

Will there be something new, as believed 2 years ago? :shrug:

RSoxNo1

Something I was wondering. With VoTLM in the MK, what does it mean for the show in DHS?

Will there be something new, as believed 2 years ago? :shrug:

I think what it means is that the DHS attractions (Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast) would be easier to replace as they would have a presence elsewhere. However, their marketable movies (Finding Nemo) can exist in multiple locations without much incident, so I wouldn't expect an immediate closure.

RSoxNo1

Are the Cars racers going to be a Test Track type ride on steroids?

yep. I read a while back that it will be considered Test Track 2.0.. with a supposedly more advanced system.

It would be a step up from Journey to the Center of the Earth which also uses the Test Track Ride System. I'm under the impression that the original ride system was actually used for Rocket Rods.

Point: I'm also guessing that the development went something like this: We should put a Test Track Style Ride in California

Counterpoint: What about all the maintenance issues and down time due to the rain?

Point: Well it doesn't rain in California like it does in Florida

Counterpoint: What about the limited capacity?

Point: Well, what if we designed it with two tracks?

Counterpoint: How would we possibly make that work, it would take up such a large space.

Point: What if they ran side by side and we themed it to Cars?

Counterpoint: Deal.

EPCOT Explorer

It would be a step up from Journey to the Center of the Earth which also uses the Test Track Ride System. I'm under the impression that the original ride system was actually used for Rocket Rods.

Point: I'm also guessing that the development went something like this: We should put a Test Track Style Ride in California

Counterpoint: What about all the maintenance issues and down time due to the rain?

Point: Well it doesn't rain in California like it does in Florida

Counterpoint: What about the limited capacity?

Point: Well, what if we designed it with two tracks?

Counterpoint: How would we possibly make that work, it would take up such a large space.

Point: What if they ran side by side and we themed it to Cars?

Counterpoint: Deal.

:lol: Well done, and yes, it was a prototype or viseaversa for Rocket Rods.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom