Little Mermaid Live

Stellajack

Premium Member
So this was on ABC last night. I thought it had a few issues, mostly technical (pitch and audio mix kind of stuff), but I enjoyed it. I thought it was fun.

That said, it is getting eviscerated in reviews and on Twitter.

I was just wondering if anyone here watched it and what you thought of it?
I thought it was fun. Really don’t know what people expected since it was not UNlike one of the live shows here in Disney World. Having said this, I would love Queen Latifah if she were reading the telephone book.

erasure fan1

I had seen a commercial for it earlier in the day before it was going to be on. I thought for about half a second to watch it, but decided against it. And from the reviews, I'm glad I did.

LittleBuford

Really disappointing, and I say that as a Disney apologist and huge Little Mermaid fan. My favourite parts of the show were the sequences from the animated movie!

Cosmic Commando

They should have had Tituss Burgess play Ursula. There is a great video on YouTube, but I won't link it because of a couple of naughty words he added, but it's great.
Or Harvey Fierstein:

I also thought Latifah was perfectly adequate as Ursula, but I didn't see anything special in her performance.

KBLovedDisney

I watched the "Part of Your World" segment. I....uh....

People clapped and cheered when she was suspended in the air by wires, which to me felt odd.

The only part of that segment I did like was the two dancers on a separate mini stage.

I don't know man. For some reason, (and this is going to get hated on for sure), but

*deep breath*

It really didn't "feel" like Disney.

There. I said it.

Kate F

My Mom told us about it when she was talking to us about our park schedule and she said “Out of curiosity, turned on the live Little Mermaid production and it is really not OK. They are mingling clips from the movie with live performances and all kinds of I don’t know what.”

I didn’t know about this before she told me so I went down to see and it was really bizarre. You might as well just have been watching the movie, but every once in awhile, they’d cut to the live stage. If you’re gonna do a live stage show, just do a live stage show.

michmickey

It seems like the Live Shows are often flops, they always come across as pretty bland and lackluster in the voice department. They use celebrities to get people excited but those celebrities don't often feel like the right choices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom