Little Mermaid! Beauty and The Beast! Coming to Fantasyland?!?

jrriddle

Original Poster
OK I'm throwing this one out there for confirmation.
"The Little Mermaid" Dark Ride and the "Beauty and The Beast" AA show are rumored as the attractions to go into the 20K site (as well as an Alice in Wonderland ride).

http://www.intercot.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/8/5466.html

I'm know that this is just a huge rumor (especially at this stage) but:

I would really love to see these attractions.
Little Mermaid makes sense since it's been rumored for DLP, DCA & HKDL. So why not WDW?
I trust the people "in the know" on this board (Lee, Corrus, Grizz, etc.)

Again I'm just posting because I thought it was interesting and wanted to see if you people knew anything or how you would feel about this.
(at least I didn't say it was going to be H____ P_____) :D .

cherrynegra

I totally love the idea of a Beauty and the Beast dark ride with AA and for god's sake NO CARDBOARD CUTOUTS like the other Fantasyland dark rides. Something along the line of HM or Pirates would be cool. But I'm sure I might be in the minority with this opinion.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a new version of the Alice ride in DL. But perhaps not something so truncated like the DL one.

cherrynegra

stitchcastle said:
That would be awesome! I've heard nothing but great things about those 2 supposed DLP attractions anyway there is an in depth look at these attractions in this site: http://www.dlp-guidebook.de/Specials/F-Files/LostRides.htm

Thanks for posting the link stitchcastle. I tried to find it but you beat me to the punch. This is exactly the dark ride version of Beauty I was thinking about. I think it would awesome if they ever decided to go ahead with this version.

stitchcastle

actually Beauty and the Beast is more of an Audio-Animatronic show than a dark ride.

What would be awesome is if they get the right facade for the Little Mermaid dark ride since it would add a touch of DisneySeas to the American parks with Triton's castle (from Mermaid Lagoon) as well the "Dry for wet" technology (from the 20k ride in Tokyo) It would all be so spectacular as well as the transforming castle/gardens of the Beauty and the Beast show.

General Grizz

I wonder if this is a too-good-to-be-true rumor. :D

It's a great idea, but it's gotta be the first time I heard of it. This wouldn't happen for many years, anyway.

barnum42

rosebud's mom said:
"Dry for Wet" ?? Would someone please enlighten me ? :veryconfu
I think this means creating the illusion of being in a water environment without the use of actual water.

stitchcastle

"Dry for Wet" ?? Would someone please enlighten me ?
This is a sort of illusion using water inside a glass panel where you look through. When looking through this, it gives an illusion of being underwater when in reality, what you see is all on land.

I wonder if this is a too-good-to-be-true rumor.

It's a great idea, but it's gotta be the first time I heard of it. This wouldn't happen for many years, anyway.
Yeah it does seem to be too good to be true I mean it's TWO attractions, 2 very complicated attractions.

KevinPage

I actually wouldn't mind 2 low tech dark rides. Granted it would be nice if they were more "whiza bang", but I always felt that Fantasyland NEEDED more dark rides to feel more complete.

Maybe this will cause Mermaid & B&B in MGM to close and be replaced with something worthwhile as well.

Oh wait, pinch me, I'm dreaming again :D

BigNorm

Two more dark rides for Fantasyland would be great! I'd love to see a Little Mermaid and B&B join their "forefathers." It's about time that there were attractions for these two classics...I mean Beauty was the only animated film to be nominated for best picture, I think it deserves something other than the stage show (not that I'm knocking the stage show, I've never seen it.). If this were to be true, it would be a good thing. :sohappy:

Lee

Adventurer
jrriddle said:
OK I'm throwing this one out there for confirmation.
"The Little Mermaid" Dark Ride and the "Beauty and The Beast" AA show are rumored as the attractions to go into the 20K site (as well as an Alice in Wonderland ride).

These are two of the things I have heard thrown around for the area.
Far as I know, neither one is approved....but it's been awhile since I heard anything.

stitchcastle

actually wouldn't mind 2 low tech dark rides

Actually these 2 proposed attractions are in NO WAY low tech.

Beauty and the Beast boasts a huge life-sized audio-animatronic Beast that was to have been the most complex audio-animatronic in DLP able to walk like a human but at the same time go on all fours like he does in the movie.

The queue area for Beauty and the Beast would've been extremely detailed with a forced perspective version of Beast's castle not to mention the transformed exit queue.

The Little Mermaid would have been a 7-minute long dark ride that employs the "Dry for wet" technology from Tokyo's 20k.

It would have had a huge show building greatly similar to Mermaid Lagoon in Tokyo and the grounds for that area would incorporate the same soft type of ground in Ariel's grotto(which is already in MK)

jonrex

Wow, possible rides for what are probably 3 of my top 5 favorite Disney movies of all time. I especially think "Alice" would be well-suited for a dark ride -- so that in some way the rider can take the same journey as Alice did in the movie, encountering all those strange characters along the way.

jrriddle

Original Poster
Lee said:
These are two of the things I have heard thrown around for the area.
Far as I know, neither one is approved....but it's been awhile since I heard anything.

Thanks Lee.

longfamily

The concepts for these rides would be really cool! The only dawback is that there are already concepts in place with a beauty & beast theme (mgm show)and two for the little mermaid(mgm show & MK grotto). Not that it wouldn't be great to have these two favorites as rides too, but wouldn't it be nice to utilize some of the recent cartoons that don't have a layout already? Atlantis would make a great ride as would the older Dark Cualdron. Mulan, Hunchback of notre dame, oliver and company, jungle book, even hercules among others have been under-represented. It might be nice to try something else. I don't think there is a disney cartoon out there that would make a bad ride.

I've always wondered why there wasn't more of a Jungle Book presence in the parks... aside from the ol' walk-arounds.

A IoA-Spider-Man-style ride themed to the Jungle book would be AMAZING * 100,000,000.....

stitchcastle

Although I love these rides, I personally feel they should put in a MAJOR E-ticket on that lagoon. 20k was an amazing and much loved attraction I don't think that 2 dark rides no matter how advanced they may be would be a sufficient replacement to the original 20k subs

But hey if they go on with TLM and B&B, I won't be complainin'

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom