Little Known Facts

Queenie

Original Poster
This is along the lines of the earlier thread "Ride Info and Phrases"...
I am in the same position, we have a large group going the first week od November and I would like to do the same type Emails to get everyone excited. I was hoping to get some interesting facts or side-notes for people to look for when they are there..
For example, I saw that in the Muppets 3D there is a sign inside of the theater that reads something like "Be back in 5 minutes.. the key is under the mat" and that if you lift up the mat, there is actually a key there!
If any of you can help, it would be greatly appreciated!!

artvandelay

Congrats on your first post.

There is a WDW Secrets page on this site that has a lot of little known stuff about the parks. It's a great read.

Welcome.

SpectroMan

Between France and Morocco in Epcot, there is a part of the promenade that is a different color. It is supposed to represent the Straight of Gibralter.

The American Adventure is much taller than it looks. It seems to be three stories tall, but it is like five. Stand back from the building, and make somebody go stand by the fake doors. It is really an amazing sight.

FigmentJedi

On Journey Into Imagination With Figment, there are a couple of references to the original ride. One is a door with the name "Dean Finder" a reference to Figment's creator Dreamfinder from the original ride. The other is the sillouette of the Dream Blimp on Figment's Sheet Music Glider at the end of the ride. Also, all the Figment animatronics in the ride are from the original version.

Vernonpush

On Main Street in the Emporium (I think, halfway down the street, on the right, as you face the castle) there is an old fashioned phone on the wall, you can pick up the reciever and listen in on the "party line".

Woody13

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Look for "PUSH", the walking, talking trash can in the Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland. When you get over to the Animal Kingdom, look for "Wes Palm", an equally eccentric and entertaining palm tree that teases guests throughout the morning in the Oasis. When you visit Conservation Station (within Animal Kingdom) you might find "Pipa", the walking, talking recycling can. He is related to "PUSH". You might want to ask "Pipa" about his relationship to "PUSH"!:wave: [/font]

WDWScottieBoy

Dean[AU] said:
Epcot have free drinks. (Look for the Ice near the fountain)

Beverly is the best drink, by far.

[shht]

mmmm....Beverly!!! Now, I'm thirsty and must go to Epcot to get my mug filled of it. That'll wake me up this morning. :lol:

nickcarraway

My secret: Don't be afraid to flip the switches in the Tower of Terror queue. And yes. Be sure to get some Beverly. I don't think it's a secret how good it is! My mouth is watering just thinking about it...

Buckeye

At MGM, near Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular there is a sign that says "don't pull rope".....pull it just for fun.

WDWScottieBoy

Buckeye said:
At MGM, near Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular there is a sign that says "don't pull rope".....pull it just for fun.

When I was there on August 1st (I believe, somewhere around then) my best friend, who is a CM, showed me this. He was upset when he told me it didn't work. He further explained to me what was supposed to happen, so maybe they took the effect out or it just wasn't working that day.

FanofDinsey1981

not like this is a huge secret but there are drums you can play on at Animal Kingdom, after you pass over the bridge going towards the Kilamanjaro Safari. There are 3 or 4 of them sitting there, and go nuts playing on them, they are a hoot!

nickcarraway

Cynderella said:
Where are these at?

Right after you exit the library, there are electrical boxes with big switches. They're all rusty and very backstage-looking. But they don't do anything. If you flip them, they make a big banging sound that will freak out the people in front of you. There's another one, I believe, if you take the queue path to the left.

mrtoad

Not secrets, just suggestions:

Try to take a ride in the nose of the monorail. They will only let 4 people in though. It is something to see for sure.

Also, when at the MK durring mid day take the monorail over to the Polynesian and take out either a bunch of Water Mice (small 2 seater speedboats) or a large pontoon boat (think it seets like 12 or 13 people). It is a great way to break-up the day.

bgraham34

The pontoon thing is great. I have done that and love it. Its relaxing to sit there and stare at the magic kingdom gate.

waltdisny

Here's some, dont' know how well know they are, but they're some of my favorites.

Don't miss the pet cemetary near the exit of Haunted Mansion. Lot's of folks ignore it, as it's not very obvious.

The western most room in Peco's Bill's has "artifacts" from various folk heros, such as Zoro's mask, Casey Jones' oil can, an John Henry's hammer.

There is a wooden leg named Smith in the luggage office of the Frontierland train station.

On Holywood Boulevard there are suitcases and other luggage lying about decorated with stickers that refer to Walt.

The license plates on the car's at the Sci-Fi Drive Inn are the Imagineer's initials and birthdates.

Tricky to see, but there is a Mickey shaped constelation in the starfield of Space Ship Earth.

Fulton's Crab House (Pleasure Island) used to be known as the Empress Lilly, after Walt's wife. <sigh>

The eyes in Madame Leota's tombstone move.

The garden railroad at Germany gets redecorated acording to the seasons. right now, farmers are growing pumpkins for example.

There is a picture of J.T. Toad in the opening scene of Pooh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom