Little Bolter

DreamBig27

Original Poster
This is probably a moot point, since we do plan to bring the stroller, but I am extremely nervous about my little bolter. She's two, and the moment she gets even the slightest notion of freedom, she takes off. No fear! I don't know if I'll be able to keep her in the stroller *all day* especially considering bringing her on rides, and eating. Last time we went she wasn't mobile yet, and it was so easy haha

Weather_Lady

I understand your nervousness! My sister and BIL "lost" their 3-year-old on his first trip to WDW. (He was walking beside my BIL, who paused to get something out of a diaper bag, and my nephew kept on walking across the entire park alongside another family, assuming it was his because the Dad was wearing similar shorts/shoes to my BIL.) Although he was found in a fairly short time and was totally safe and unharmed, the stress and terror of that episode probably took a few years off of my sister and BIL's lives!

You might want to consider utilizing "Safety Tats" during your visit. We used them when my kids (one of them a champion "bolter") were visiting WDW for the first time. They're a temporary tattoo (like a long-wearing Band-Aid) you can put on your child's arm (or anywhere else you want), and you can write your phone number on it in permanent marker, so if your child runs off, a "finder" can notify you. Just knowing my kids had them on (and had been trained to approach a CM at an attraction or restaurant entrance -- all of whom are recognizable by their name tags -- if they were lost) gave me some peace of mind.

If money is no object, there's also lots of smart, wearable tech you can use to track down a wandering toddler: https://www.safewise.com/resources/wearable-gps-tracking-devices-for-kids-guide/

And if worse comes to worst, the leash-backpacks recommended by the previous poster are a practical option. Leashed is better than lost.

kayawildfire

I think using a leash backpack wouldn't be the worst idea. I would have the leash loop around your wrist and then hold her hand. This sort of encourages hand holding and proper non-bolting behavior, but you still have a back up, just in case. I would be careful about having her walk in front of you with it on though, I would worry someone would trip over it and injure themselves or her. You know how observant people at WDW are:)

NickMaio

Yes leash backpack your little one - - - - - practice with it before your trip at a mall or a street walk.
2 is a tough age......superhero fast!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom