Lion King Platinum Edition Vent

MicBat

Original Poster
Don't get me wrong or anything, the DVD is great! But am I the only one that found this version of the Platinum Edition collection to be disappointing compared to it's first two? For one, there's not even a trailer to be found on it! Unless I'm just looking in the wrong spot and it isn't mentioned in the special feautures booklet that came with the dvd.

JLW11Hi

I'd have to agreee with you there. Most of the DVD seems like one big commerical! It took, like, 15 minutes to get past all of the commercials before you could get to the menu screen!

And as for the "special edition" version of the movie, the "Morning Report" was just not needed at all, and sticks out like a sore thumb in the new version. It is not at all like the nice addition of "Human Again" in the Beauty and the Beast Special Edition.

Still, once you get past all the advertisements, I think all the special backstage features and commentary are great and fun to watch. :)

AdLibSean

I would have to agree. The voices for young Simba don't match (for obvious reasons) and I really think it takes away from the film. Didn't notice too much NEW animation either. Is it just me or have the Platinum Series DVDs slipped since the Snow White one, the first one? I think that's the best one they've produced thus far. And what's up with not putting Sleeping Beauty on the Platinum Series?

MicBat

Original Poster
I also think they should have found a much better song for both the Lion King and Beauty and the Beast PT edition. More obvious choices would have been.. for the Lion King.. "He Lives in You" or "Endless Night." and for Beauty and the Beast "Home." I'd say these were more popular than the one's they chose.. the one's I like better anyway.. :lol:

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by MicBat
I also think they should have found a much better song for both the Lion King and Beauty and the Beast PT edition. More obvious choices would have been.. for the Lion King.. "He Lives in You" or "Endless Night." and for Beauty and the Beast "Home." I'd say these were more popular than the one's they chose.. the one's I like better anyway.. :lol:

Yes, Home was a really nice song.

But I think they chose "Human Again" for a comple reasons.

One, it was the other song that was actualy going to go in the movie in the beginning, and Howard Ashman had also worked on that song, too, I think. Quite a nice homage to him, I think.

The other thing is that it gave the servants a chance to speak their piece in the movie. They got to explain their side of the story, and their longing to become humans again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom