Rumor Lion King Flume Ride being considered for Animal Kingdom

Fido Chuckwagon

I feel kinda bad because our last two trips to Universal, we haven’t made it on Ripsaw Falls because it’s only been like 70 degrees and it’s so drenching. One of my sons loves it. I’ll literally wear my bathing suit to the park on the hottest day next time we go and then we will just go swim after riding that and Popeye.

The fact that we need to plan to that level surely limits the popularity of those two and explains the lack of true soakers at Epic Universe. They’re fun in theory but take so much planning to actually experience and not ruin your day.
We got Universal AP’s on our last trip having never been there before and did not go on the soakers for this reason. We’re going in June and I guess I’ll plan on bringing bathing suits and flip flops so we can experience it.

Phicinfan

Ok, lets stir they pot...
So we are pretty locked in on rumors that this will be a flume...
I wonder if we talk it enough, we could move off of LK(yes I know they desperately need a LK ride), and go for Jungle Book instead? How cool would it be going through the jungle on a boat shaped like Baloo singing Bear Necessities??? I mean it writes itself!!

🫣

ToTBellHop

I wonder if we talk it enough, we could move off of LK(yes I know they desperately need a LK ride), and go for Jungle Book instead? How cool would it be going through the jungle on a boat shaped like Baloo singing Bear Necessities??? I mean it writes itself!!

🫣
In Africa?

No.

rd805

🫣
Jungle Book is based-ish in India, right? Maybe they make Kali River Rapids IP based, a longer track, add some Disney touches in there. I do agree a Bare Necessities flume ride > LK flume ride.

J4546

Ive talked about putting some JB IP in KRR. not fully making it a JB ride but adding characters to narrate and educate you on what you see. Would be tight imo but would also have to extend the ride and add some cool scenes

eddie104

Ive talked about putting some JB IP in KRR. not fully making it a JB ride but adding characters to narrate and educate you on what you see. Would be tight imo but would also have to extend the ride and add some cool scenes
Why attach something to an existing ride instead of its own attraction?

Robbiem

Why not both? Or just make Jungle Book a traditional dark ride, a busbar preferably. Animal Kingdom needs more of those.
I’d reverse it and make Jungle Book the water ride. That movie has a lot of water action. Lion King could use a test track / RSR type set up give you a stampede thrill dark ride combo

Tha Realest

They certainly won’t dry my underwear in any way unless I’m willing to flash people…and I don’t really care if my shirt is wet. It’s my underwear, socks, and shoes that can ruin the day.
I wear workout shorts - they’re very comfortable and have an interior lining that dries very quickly. Good even for hot sweaty days where I don’t even ride water rides but would become very uncomfortable quickly without relief.

doctornick

All the parks could use more mid-tier busbar dark rides
At WDW, what Disney largely needs is a slew of those mid tier rides at all of the non-MK parks. They really need capacity and options. The problem is Disney seems enamored with building only E-tickets (or at least rides they think are E-tickets) and lands with only two rides rather than filling out the parks.

eddie104

At WDW, what Disney largely needs is a slew of those mid tier rides at all of the non-MK parks. They really need capacity and options. The problem is Disney seems enamored with building only E-tickets (or at least rides they think are E-tickets) and lands with only two rides rather than filling out the parks.
It will take decades to fill out the parks the way people want them to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom