Linking different credit cards to different MagicBands: can it be done?

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
Has anyone had success linking different credit cards to different Magic Bands within the same party? (I'd always read this was a possibility with the old KTTW cards - it was referred to as "splitting" the reservation -- but that many CMs were inadequately trained in how to do it.)

We'll be traveling with two relatives who each want to "pay their own way" when it comes to souvenirs, etc., and will want their MagicBands linked to their own credit cards, and not to mine. (We're all booked as part of the same party, in the same villa, under a single confirmation number, and I'm making all of the arrangements for the group through my MME account, if any of that makes a difference.)

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Has anyone had success linking different credit cards to different Magic Bands within the same party? (I'd always read this was a possibility with the old KTTW cards - it was referred to as "splitting" the reservation -- but that many CMs were inadequately trained in how to do it.)

We'll be traveling with two relatives who each want to "pay their own way" when it comes to souvenirs, etc., and will want their MagicBands linked to their own credit cards, and not to mine. (We're all booked as part of the same party, in the same villa, under a single confirmation number, and I'm making all of the arrangements for the group through my MME account, if any of that makes a difference.)
I believe it can be done at checkin. I have not seen it done, but have spoken to a front desk CM who described the process.

Rob562

To reduce the possibility of problems, I'd suggest *not* setting up room charges of any kind before you arrive at the hotel. Then have the CM at the front desk set up all the room charges at once.

-Rob

asialeigh

It's not really linking different cards to different magic bands but linking different cards to different people. Let them know at check in that you will be using different cards to make purchases and they can put multiple cards on file and link them to whoever they belong to.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I would be sad to find out you couldn't. I know we always had to have a manager or supervisor set up our different cards to KTTW.
Sorry to hijack your thread. But now that we have magic bands, do room charge invoices still show who purchased what?

cspencer96

I would be sad to find out you couldn't. I know we always had to have a manager or supervisor set up our different cards to KTTW.
Sorry to hijack your thread. But now that we have magic bands, do room charge invoices still show who purchased what?
As far as I know, the folio charges invoice still shows who purchased what, from where, and when.

ChristaH

We did it at POFQ last week. We had two rooms and two cards....one person in each room on each card. We did have a bit of a problem with one card in one room not working for charging, but a quick phone call to the front desk and the person on the other end found the issue in the set up and it was fixed immediately. So just be sure that you carry some other form of payment until you are sure the band works the first time.

The folio does show which band made each charge, but folio delivered to our room on checkout day only included the folio for one credit card. We had to go to the front desk and ask for the other folio.

Yes, you can do this, but be careful. Be very specific when you check in. We've had it work sometimes, and not work others, so it is true that some CM are familiar with the process and others less so. I've had it work twice, then not work, but it was a newer cast member, and we probably inadvertently distracted her. When I called to clear up the charges, it was explained to me that I need to be very specific, AND ask them to double check once it's all done.
To answer someone else on the thread, yes, if things are set up properly, you can see on the bill who has charged what to the bill. Though I admit that I find the bills confusing. We've had two bills delivered to us the morning of checkout, and then one time there was only one bill, but charges were assigned by individual. I travel with the same friend, and we each always pay our own way, so it's an adventure to see how the bills come out.

CaptainShortty

Yes, the process works the same as it did with KTTW cards. Different credit cards can be linked to different people on a specific room account and therefore to each persons band(s). The invoices will still separate by who purchased what.

The process is the same, it is only what you use to make the charges that has changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom