Linking a tour reservation to MDE - possible?

Mark P.

Original Poster
We just booked a reservation for DestiNations and the CM said that I can link the reservation to MDE using the confirmation number. I'm not seeing that option: I can add hotels, dining, tickets, passes, MagicBands, or Memory Maker at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/link/, but none of those options will accept our tour reservation number. Was the CM incorrect, or am I just looking in the wrong place?

nickys

Premium Member
You can’t link it as far as I know. What you can do is add it as a note to your plans, and add the reservation number there. They don’t send out confirmation emails either, so keep a note of the number.

Mark P.

Original Poster
You can’t link it as far as I know. What you can do is add it as a note to your plans, and add the reservation number there. They don’t send out confirmation emails either, so keep a note of the number.

I am perpetually astonished that this billion-dollar corporation lacks some of the most basic capabilities, especially as it relates to technology. One of these days I'll learn to set my expectations lower... :rolleyes:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
MDE is a complicated boondoggle that I firmly believe no one (guests or CM) will fully understand. I think the fact that you have to call technical support to "fix" your vacation says volumes about how terrible it is.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
MDE is a complicated boondoggle that I firmly believe no one (guests or CM) will fully understand. I think the fact that you have to call technical support to "fix" your vacation says volumes about how terrible it is.
The only thing the app accomplishes is that those who have a lot of patience and have done a lot of research usually end up getting what they want. This very well may be the entire goal of the app as those who invest the most in to planning get the most out of it.
I draw a major distinction between concept and execution. I absolutely love the idea of MDX. Sadly, it also happens to be completely broken.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
For someone like me who did a lot of research and asked a lot of questions on this board the idea of MDE is awesome. For people who just show up with their family to have a fun time and have crazy waits, I feel bad. You wouldn't expect this much planning to be involved.

I have used MDE for two trips so far. The first one the whole site and app crashed for 2 hours starting at 6 am Eastern. I kept refreshing the whole time cause this was for the week of christmas (busy time). Eventually it came back on and I was able to get everything I wanted, but I am sure most people had given up by that point and it was super frustrating.

The most recent time I had to keep refreshing cause 9/10 times it wouldnt let me select the days I was staying (only showed 30 days). Very poorly designed application.

If they are going to design this whole planning system and say "this is how you visit our parks" they need to make sure it's stable.
WDW is not DLR. Almost nobody shows up to just wing it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom