Linking a ticket with less days than your stay

nick-pappageorgio

Original Poster
Has anyone had experience on this...

I have one non-expiration ticket left over from a previous trip. I am going buy additional days, but was contemplating if I would do that now or later.

My question is how does the Disney system treat a ticket that is linked and shorter than your stay, with regard to fast passes. In theory it should only let you pick fast passes for one day, but is that really the case? MDE has been far from logical.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Just FYI...but you will want to check the numbers if you plan on upgrading your current, non-expiration ticket. It might be easier and less expensive to buy a new ticket.

First and foremost, you can't extend any ticket past the original 10 days. If your current ticket was a 10 day ticket, you will not be able to upgrade it.

To add insult to injury I am 99% sure that adding days to a non-expiration ticket will be at the non-expiration price which is considerably more than a regular ticket.

dreamfinder

And to just pile on @Master Yoda 's comment, you cannot upgrade a ticket that has been used more than 14 days after first use. Even if it is a non-expiration ticket, you would need to do any upgrades within those first 14 days. (That's 14 days of first use, not 14 days of purchase)

nick-pappageorgio

Original Poster
And to just pile on @Master Yoda 's comment, you cannot upgrade a ticket that has been used more than 14 days after first use. Even if it is a non-expiration ticket, you would need to do any upgrades within those first 14 days. (That's 14 days of first use, not 14 days of purchase)

yeah..
I didn't word that first post very well. I was thinking new ticket with more days on it, but thanks for the info. Have any of you tried to link more than one ticket to a person's account?

flynnibus

Premium Member
To add insult to injury I am 99% sure that adding days to a non-expiration ticket will be at the non-expiration price which is considerably more than a regular ticket.

Disney has always just given us a new equivalent ticket we can't upgrade when exchanging these old tickets.

So if I have 2 days left on a ticket.. they give me a new 2 day ticket. But a 2 day ticket you can't add onto other tickets or extend.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Disney has always just given us a new equivalent ticket we can't upgrade when exchanging these old tickets.

So if I have 2 days left on a ticket.. they give me a new 2 day ticket. But a 2 day ticket you can't add onto other tickets or extend.
I am not sure how things currently play out when you are dealing with a ticket medium that needs to be changed. In the past they did just what you stated...gave you a 2 day ticket and you could end up upgrading it as though it was a regular 2 day ticket that you just purchased. I am not positive that it will still work that way as some of those old tickets were never in any kind of a database and making issuing a regular ticket the only option.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I am not sure how things currently play out when you are dealing with a ticket medium that needs to be changed. In the past they did just what you stated...gave you a 2 day ticket and you could end up upgrading it as though it was a regular 2 day ticket that you just purchased. I am not positive that it will still work that way as some of those old tickets were never in any kind of a database and making issuing a regular ticket the only option.

In my cases - the 2 day ticket was just that.. a 2 day ticket with no other upgrade or exchange value. They wouldn't let you add onto it or combine tickets. And this is trading in tickets from the 80s :)

nick-pappageorgio

Original Poster
Sorry, I was thinking about MDE. Would I be able to link said old ticket as well as a new unrelated ticket to my account? Has anyone tried that?

asialeigh

Sorry, I was thinking about MDE. Would I be able to link said old ticket as well as a new unrelated ticket to my account? Has anyone tried that?

Does the old ticket have a 12 digit number on the back that would allow you to link it to MDX? I don't know that there's a way for you to do so. You would most likely have to bring it to guest relations and have that ticket transferred onto a new RFID media ticket and then link it.

Rob562

Yes, the functionality is there in MDE to do that. When you have more than one ticket linked it even asks you to assign the "priority" of the ticket so the system knows in what order to start using the days.

That being said, there were some issues that people I know were having back in October with multiple tickets on their profiles (to the point where one CM told them *not* to put more than one ticket on their profile at a time), but like other bugs that cropped up over the past few months I'd like to think they've gotten it ironed out. But I have not read anything online confirming that they have indeed fixed this particular issue.

-Rob

dreamfinder

Yes, the functionality is there in MDE to do that. When you have more than one ticket linked it even asks you to assign the "priority" of the ticket so the system knows in what order to start using the days.

That being said, there were some issues that people I know were having back in October with multiple tickets on their profiles (to the point where one CM told them *not* to put more than one ticket on their profile at a time), but like other bugs that cropped up over the past few months I'd like to think they've gotten it ironed out. But I have not read anything online confirming that they have indeed fixed this particular issue.

-Rob

I seem to recall most of the issues arising from people who had a party ticket as well as their parks ticket on their MDE account. Can't remember anyone mentioning issues with 2 park tickets.

CheshireCat12

I don't know about linking old tickets, but I recently purchased two day tickets for a four day trip. In order to schedule my fastpasses I had to select my parks on MDE for the days I was going to be in the parks. It was easy.
Oh, and all my FP+ selections are E-tickets/popular attractions- I was surprised that I could get three E-tickets at MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom