Lincoln watch

SuddenStorm

I find this recent trend of showing film trailers in the Opera House to be disappointing.
And stupidly shortsighted.
Not to mention , in short, , stupid.

Today's Guests can watch these same trailers on a mobile device in their pocket anywhere at any time.
Where else in the world can one see 'Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln' in person...?

Incredibly stupid decision to replace a unique and historic Attraction / Show with current Disney Studios marketing fodder.
'What would Walt think' about this nonsense....?

-

I think the more relevant questions is what does Tony and his generation of Imagineering think? They fought to restore Lincoln and get the attraction in top notch form, seeing it be replaced by a remake of Aladdin is probably incredibly disheartening.

SuddenStorm

At this point Lincoln is too good for Disneyland. A butchered POTC, TL is pathetic, Project Curbstomp, etc. Main Street is just a bunch of shops that sell the same junk as anywhere else.

Not to mention, the maintenance in Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion is abhorrent. And those cool explosion effects they added to Big Thunder in 2014? Broken or at least wildly inconsistent. And Space Mountain had way less stars when I rode it a couple weeks ago.

Replacing a beloved and timeless classic that embodies the ideals of Disneyland and America with a quick trailer to hawk their latest live action cash grab at paying customers is par for the course right now...

Phroobar

Original Poster
Yet, all of you keep paying for that Annual Pass.

You all are such....
13622781.jpg

Old Mouseketeer

At this point Lincoln is too good for Disneyland. A butchered POTC, TL is pathetic, Project Curbstomp, etc. Main Street is just a bunch of shops that sell the same junk as anywhere else.

I would disagree about the effort to open up walkways and make them safer. If anything, I think they haven't gone far enough. I don't like losing any more landscape for hardscape. DL has become less of a suburban "park" and more of an urban space. But if they're going to cram more people into the park, they need more space to move the crowds.

George Lucas on a Bench

Not to mention, the maintenance in Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion is abhorrent. And those cool explosion effects they added to Big Thunder in 2014? Broken or at least wildly inconsistent. And Space Mountain had way less stars when I rode it a couple weeks ago.

Replacing a beloved and timeless classic that embodies the ideals of Disneyland and America with a quick trailer to hawk their latest live action cash grab at paying customers is par for the course right now...

I actually agree that the maintenance of these rides is quite poor, but in the case of HM, I find the rundown FX add to its charm. It just seems like the more things degrade, the chintzier it all becomes.

Phroobar

Original Poster
On the official DL site, Mr. Lincoln is listed as "No times Available" through May 28. Beginning on the 29th, It has park open to park close hours listed daily. FWIW
That doesn't mean Lincoln's show is running. It's just the Disney Gallery might be open.

Emmanuel

On the official DL site, Mr. Lincoln is listed as "No times Available" through May 28. Beginning on the 29th, It has park open to park close hours listed daily. FWIW

That doesn't mean Lincoln's show is running. It's just the Disney Gallery might be open.

Went on the website but went to the Daily Events schedule page instead of the attractions page. Both Lincoln and Disney Gallery are on the refurb list on the 28th but both are taken off the day after so both will be closed on the 28th and reopen on the 29th.

Darkbeer1

Sounds like the Opera House will be used for the Press event, that is standard procedure for a major event. They can check in early, have interviews with celebrities/senior CM's related to the event, etc.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
More like 10-20 man. Stop being a Lincoln hater! And that's 20 less people trying to get into the Cantina. Every little bit helps.
Who's being a Lincoln hater? I was just stating the number of guests I've seen on very busy days, not advocating for its removal.

Besides whether its 5-10 or 10-20 that is less than 1000-1200 people a day. That still a single little tiny drop in a bucket compared to the 70k+ that will be around daily this summer. So while every bit helps Lincoln won't help that much.

Anyways, Geez man bring it down a notch.

fctiger

Who's being a Lincoln hater? I was just stating the number of guests I've seen on very busy days, not advocating for its removal.

Besides whether its 5-10 or 10-20 that is less than 1000-1200 people a day. That still a single little tiny drop in a bucket compared to the 70k+ that will be around daily this summer. So while every bit helps Lincoln won't help that much.

Anyways, Geez man bring it down a notch.

(Pssst. I'm joking dude! About the whole thing lol.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom