Limited-Time Indiana Jones-inspired beverage outpost coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

MrPromey

You must be a blast at parties

…always shoot the messenger 👍🏻

This is Disney's weak attempt at totally not competing* with some lesser park's tribute store concept.

To give you an idea, this is the kind of stuff you can expect to find in one of those temporary pop-ups:

Here's a walk-through in case video is more your thing.

To give you an idea, this is what that toilet scene photo op looks like when used (Taken last Sunday when we were there):

jp.jpg

(blurred to to protect the dignity of someone making a face that looks more like they're constipated than afraid 🤣)

They offer a truly fleshed out attempt at a retail location selling unique merch that also serves in its own right as a themed attraction where as Disney seems to have gone just above a drink cart in terms of efforts to sell alcohol in a pre-existing location.

Personally, this is the standard I'm holding them to.

The "well at least they did something" is the argument that a lot of people try to make in the "oh, you're just never happy" camp which is the one you try making to your sixth grade student's middle school teacher when she says his science project isn't satisfactory in a parent-teacher conference.

It's not what you say when the biggest media company in the world phones it in yet again at their premiere resort location.

This isn't supposed to be a "Universal is awesome and Disney sucks" post. I'm trying to call attention to why some of us seem less than impressed when Disney rolls something like this out. They could do more but their guests reward them for not bothering so they don't...

*cause they're Disney and they don't need to compete, right?

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This thread is about a pop-up bar. Not a treatise on LucasFilm, the studio. There's a thread for that and what's said above is already said there.

MrPromey

Universal puts a TON of work into their very short-term Tribute Stores, it's really surprising how well they turn out, then they're closed and re-done only like 1-2 months later
Which is why I scratch my head when Disney does something like the re-theme of the World of Disney where it ends up looking like the love child of a Target and Ikea (with both demanding paternity tests) and people are like "this is so much better", "themed retail makes it seem so dated", etc., etc.

Maybe the problem there was Disney leaving a lot of it as-is, not refreshing parts of it for decades instead of a strong consumer demand to make it seem more like the GAP?

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Which is why I scratch my head when Disney does something like the re-theme of the World of Disney where it ends up looking like the love child of a Target and Ikea (with both demanding paternity tests) and people are like "this is so much better", "themed retail makes it seem so dated", etc., etc.

Maybe the problem there was Disney leaving a lot of it as-is, not refreshing it for decades instead of a strong consumer demand to make it seem more like the GAP?

1686332045290.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom