'Lightyear' Coming Summer 2022

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Weird response but OK. The interwebs is trying to pinpoint where in the Toy Story timeline LIGHTYEAR resides. That's the reason for putting a "real world" year on it. To find the answer. Blame Disney/Pixar. They could have just as easily said it was a standalone movie and not in-universe. https://screenrant.com/toy-story-movie-short-timeline-explained/
And look at the years that same Screenrant article tries put each into to make each "make sense":

1995: Toy Story
1997: Toy Story 2
2007: Toy Story 3
2007: Toy Story 4

They are movies, they aren't suppose to have specific years set to them, otherwise none of them would make sense. They are suppose to be rather set in a timeless world where time doesn't pass exactly the same as ours.

Plus THEY ARE MOVIES ABOUT A UNIVERSE WITH TALKING TOYS! Its not real.

Fox&Hound

I am still mad at Toy Story 4 and how it ruined a perfectly good trilogy. Anyone else with me?

I think Lightyear looks good. I am....intrigued.

champdisney

Because the title is not creative or because it had almost none of the previous characters and it completely ruined the message/theme of the previous 3 movies?
The ladder. I think the movie was fine but it failed to give us a satisfying story from beginning to end. The filmmakers ditched the original characters to focus on a new set of characters that didn't have much going for them, at least not enough for me to care. The message was one of maturing and moving on which I am 50/50 on. There's a life lesson to be told in each Toy Story film.

TS4 could have easily been the start of several spinoff anthology films that branched off from Toy Story. As a way to keep the franchise running.

erasure fan1

I am still mad at Toy Story 4 and how it ruined a perfectly good trilogy. Anyone else with me?
While I thought 4 was not great and I've had zero desire to watch it again. Personally I think the end of 3 is where the series went wrong. Toy story 2 established that Woody is an "old family toy". The way Andys mom says it in that scene tells me it's been in the family for years. But at the end he is just given to some kid. Made worse by the fact that Emily ends up not caring about him in 4. Toy story 3 should have ended with Andy pulling Woody out of storage and handing him to his kid. I know, way too much thought about a movie with toys that are alive. Lol

Fox&Hound

While I thought 4 was not great and I've had zero desire to watch it again. Personally I think the end of 3 is where the series went wrong. Toy story 2 established that Woody is an "old family toy". The way Andys mom says it in that scene tells me it's been in the family for years. But at the end he is just given to some kid. Made worse by the fact that Emily ends up not caring about him in 4. Toy story 3 should have ended with Andy pulling Woody out of storage and handing him to his kid. I know, way too much thought about a movie with toys that are alive. Lol
To be fair, Andy wanted to bring Woody to college with him but Woody made the decision to get in the box with the other toys. He has to let Andy go. Pretty beautiful and perfect for me.

Bonnie giving up her love of toys for a spork? Woody and Buzz separating so Woody can be a lost toy with Bo Peep? Destroying the theme of loyalty and unity so Woody can make himself happy, because all that matters in this world is our own personal happiness no matter who we hurt? Nooooo thanks....

NateD1226

Original Poster
New still from Empire Magazine

1640359121730.png

waltography

Buzz has been my comfort character since I was a child, so I was already sold on this since it was announced. Really looking forward to it.

mf1972

this trailer looks a lot better than i expected. luca & onward were ok, but lightyear looks like your typical pixar movie. looking forward to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom