Lightsaber?

mf1972

F55E198A-5792-4291-BA1E-77A3EC920BD6.jpeg

you know this is bound to happen to someone

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Magicians will likely be familiar with how this lightsaber effect is executed. And with that, what I find most interesting about this application is that it can be value-engineered to death and still look amazing. It's a very visual effect.

It'll be interesting to see what Disney does with this one. My concerns are simple: Cost, Durability and Design. If they fail on those points or price it too high, it going to come off very cheap and gimmicky, IMHO. Based on the final design and how it's marketed; this has the potential to be a real gamechanger for Disney.

Last edited:

corran horn

I think if Disney wanted 'realistic' lightsaber-play in shows or on the starcruiser they could either do the sort of setup they had in the old USF Ghostbusters 'show' (with optical tricks) or do something like this.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I’m not convinced this will even be sold as a product in GE. I think it really could just be the training sabers on the galactic star cruiser and not for sale.
If sold to parkgoers, even as a premium upcharge at Savi's... there's still going to be a laundry list of instructions with regards to handling and care. These won't be battle friendly kid toys. Using them for that purpose will assuredly render them useless.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

If sold to parkgoers, even as a premium upcharge at Savi's... there's still going to be a laundry list of instructions with regards to handling and care. These won't be battle friendly kid toys. Using them for that purpose will assuredly render them useless.
They have to put a speaker in it with a vibration that gives a buzz when extended or retracted. Swzzoooppp

Last edited:

corran horn

I would bet against something that could be so easily broken being released widely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom