Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

Touchdown

What he probably does is RD 7DMT and then hit PPF, and then lines up at Frontierland for regular park opening and hits BTM and Splash. What early theme park entry at MK allows you to do is effectively have two rope drops.
Bingo I gave my order, actually I’m usually on or about to board PPF at rope drop, but it doesn’t matter because everyone else is heading to space, 7DMT, or JC. I polish off the two FL heavy hitters, and then my 4 favorite rides at MK. It’s a great way to start the day.

Jeff4272

Early entry at MK is pointless. Half the park is closed. By the time 9a hits, the park is slammed to the gills.

This system is a travesty.

Sorry Jeff, you were right.
Thanks.....

It is even worse than I thought too......

There's no way they con continue with this...........It has to be a customer service, customer satisfaction nightmare

ChrisM

So, not only do we have to be glued to our phones to watch MDE, we *also* need to be constantly monitoring twitter, too? Gee, that sounds like a delightful vacation. :rolleyes:

Are we pretending that FP+ didn't also suck? (spoiler: it also had "drops")

Who the hell ever wanted to get up at 5am to book ride slot for the entire length of their vacation two months ahead of time? Oh, and then have Disney change park hours on you a few weeks later?

What a complete crapfest that was. And god help the folks that didn't engage in that outlandishly stupid exercise.

I've successfully used original FP, FP+, and now G+. They all pretty much suck. The only real difference between them all is that G+ costs $15 and people haven't grown acclimated to how to use it efficiently yet.

I'm still an advocate for no pre-booked anything. Standby or immediate use, demand priced ILL access only. If we are going to have to pay-to-play anyway just make it simple and honest.

Jeff4272

Are we pretending that FP+ didn't also suck? (spoiler: it also had "drops")

Who the hell ever wanted to get up at 5am to book ride slot for the entire length of their vacation two months ahead of time? Oh, and then have Disney change park hours on you a few weeks later?

What a complete crapfest that was. And god help the folks that didn't engage in that outlandishly stupid exercise.

I've successfully used original FP, FP+, and now G+. They all pretty much suck. The only real difference between them all is that G+ costs $15 and people haven't grown acclimated to how to use it efficiently yet.

I'm still an advocate for no pre-booked anything. Standby or immediate use, demand priced ILL access only. If we are going to have to pay-to-play anyway just make it simple and honest.
Booking once from your house 60 days in advance for your entire trip, knowing you are guaranteed to get the rides you want, while not having to get up every morning at 6:45am, while being able to plan around your dining reservations is 1,000,000x better than Genie (-), and that doesnt even take into account the cost factor

People complained about having to plan so much in advance, but the fact of the matter is, you still have to book dining 60 days out.............you have to book park pass reservations at least 60 days out.........why not book your rides knowing you get to ride what you want, when you want

Its not even close.....FP+ was 1,000,000x better than Genie (-)

Whats the benefit to staying onsite? free magic bands? Nope.....free parking? nope.........EMH? nope..........advance ride booking? nope.........advanced dining booking? nope.........................

Genie(-) is the boil on the a$$ of a million pimples......

WDW blows right now

ChrisM

Booking once from your house 60 days in advance for your entire trip, knowing you are guaranteed to get the rides you want, while not having to get up every morning at 6:45am, while being able to plan around your dining reservations is 1,000,000x better than Genie (-)

Your preference. Definitely not mine.

Booking theme park ride times for your entire stay 60 days in advance is one of the stupidest ideas ever conjured up, let alone put into practice.

Jeff4272

Your preference. Definitely not mine.

Booking theme park ride times for your entire stay 60 days in advance is one of the stupidest ideas ever conjured up, let alone put into practice.
Do you book your park pass reservations? how about dining?

let me answer that for you, YES, you do.....you have to

so you can go not knowing if you can get on a ride without waiting 2 hours after you spent all that $ on tickets, a hotel and reserved a park and booked a ressie and then Genie(-) gives you muppets at 6pm that overlaps with your dining ressie? Thanks but Id rather know what rides im getting and what times

if you oversleep you're screwed........if you wanted to eat breakfast, youre screwed........if you wanted to go to the pool first, youre screwed...........

Po'Rich

I thought FP+ was awesome.....loved knowing I was getting what i wanted in advance.....would take me 5 mins to book my FP+ for my entire trip and that was AWESOME
I completely agree. If my kid really wanted to ride a certain ride, I'd know in advance if I thought we had a good chance to do so. If not, I could start damage control well before we got to our vacation. Additionally, having a plan meant that we didn't have to rush across the park in hopes of getting in a shorter line. All-in-all, FP+ meant that I was able to kick back and relax on the vacation; I didn't have to plan on the fly.

Jeff4272

I completely agree. If my kid really wanted to ride a certain ride, I'd know in advance if I thought we had a good chance to do so. If not, I could start damage control well before we got to our vacation. Additionally, having a plan meant that we didn't have to rush across the park in hopes of getting in a shorter line. All-in-all, FP+ meant that I was able to kick back and relax on the vacation; I didn't have to plan on the fly.
100%.......There was really no drawback to resort guests and FP+..........You got what you wanted, when you wanted........

you already knew what park you were in.....what time you were eating........id use Lens TP and building a touring plan based around it and wouldn't have to zig zag across the parks

With the exception of Universals Express Pass, it was actually the best system for rides at a theme park

ChrisM

I thought FP+ was awesome.....loved knowing I was getting what i wanted in advance.....would take me 5 mins to book my FP+ for my entire trip and that was AWESOME

In other words, you knew how to efficiently use the system and it worked with your particular preferences and vacation planning proclivities. Some of which may have evolved in direct response to the requirements Disney has been putting in place over the years.

Fantastic! Gross and antithetical to any notion of what a vacation should be, but great. For you.

I'm simply calling a spade a spade: FP+ was a ludicrous system. In the meantime, I will continue to spend most of my theme park based vacations at Universal where it's actually, you know, a vacation.

jinx8402

Me. I much prefer getting up early one day to plan out the vacation than getting up early every day of my vacation and hoping to get something.
And then if you don't you have to on the fly figure out how to plan your park day. or even if you do get one, you have to figure out on the fly how to incorporate that random time that you had no control over into your park plan.

At least if you didn't get the rides you really wanted 30-60 days prior you could have an idea of what you wanted to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom