Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

hopemax

Finally caught up, but I have an important question for my family... @wdwmagic @lentesta has anyone seen anything about how this affects Main Entrance Passes?

My family member is a surviving spouse, not a CM or a retired CM and has no Hub access to check what might have posted there to how it affects Cast Members visiting the park. Main Entrance pass users were allowed to buy a Maxpass add-on at Disneyland, and participate in legacy Fastpass with no restrictions. But the FP+ restriction (only reserve 7 days in advance) made the Tier 1 rides essentially unavailable. So I need to know how this fits in to evaluate what it means for us. If we are allowed to pay $15 and the individual ride upcharges, it actually doesn't hurt us. We have more options to ride things like FOP than when we did with FP+, as long as we are willing to pay.

Aside from that, I don't think it will last very long that only 2 rides per park go to the individual pricing. I believe Disney *intends* that to be the case, just like I don't think they intended for parks to have Tiering under FP+. But once people start using the system, I think they will discover that more rides need to be individual pricing otherwise they sell out too early in the day as a Genie+ option. Like the old TSMM legacy Fastpasses which would be gone before noon. I don't know which rides those will be, but there will be something. If Space and SDMT are unavailable, all the websites will start recommending you use your Genie+ to get Splash, or BTMRR, or Jungle Cruise. Whatever it works out to be. And then people will storm Guest Services asking why they are allowed to buy their way onto Mine Train and Space but not that ride. So Disney will offer that ride, for a price. Which will elevate another ride to the "make sure you use Genie+ to reserve a time for this," generating early in the day sell outs for that, and so on.

jpinkc

I must have really misunderstood the announcement. Are you saying with genie+ I can just join a fast lane of any tier 2 ride whenever I want? I thought I had to book a pass using the genie system for a time in the future.
To me they have been intentionally vague on that. Some think thats what it says others think you will have to try and get a pass via app before you arrive.

dreamfinder912

I'm a DAS user due to having a garbage immune system that hulked out on my digestive system leaving me with a body that gives VERY little warning before I need to find a restroom. So what's Disney going to do if I have a better day than I expected, health wise? Sorry, ma'am you didn't sprint to a bathroom enough today, banned for life? Like do I mostly use DAS when traveling with friends? Yes. Do I mostly only bother with attractions when traveling with friends? Also yes. I live near the parks. If it's just me I'm likely camped out on a bench somewhere with a book enjoying the atmosphere. The only time I go on rides is when I have someone to share the experience with. This just added a new layer of stress for me.

M:SpilotISTC12

And guess who still wins with that?
99A80150-E036-41ED-A8FB-F5A552D5B3D9.jpeg

lazyboy97o

I'm a DAS user due to having a garbage immune system that hulked out on my digestive system leaving me with a body that gives VERY little warning before I need to find a restroom. So what's Disney going to do if I have a better day than I expected, health wise? Sorry, ma'am you didn't sprint to a bathroom enough today, banned for life? Like do I mostly use DAS when traveling with friends? Yes. Do I mostly only bother with attractions when traveling with friends? Also yes. I live near the parks. If it's just me I'm likely camped out on a bench somewhere with a book enjoying the atmosphere. The only time I go on rides is when I have someone to share the experience with. This just added a new layer of stress for me.
There is almost no chance they are going to be doing any sort of monitoring of who is using DAS. Disney has no interest in requiring and vetting proof. At best any bans will likely go to people sharing “This one great trick to skip the lines” and admit on Facebook that they lied.

Waters Back Side

It should…but they’ll be merging four “lines” as it were

what is better is they don’t have the dumps of “fastpasses” all day that screwed both lines…I hope?
VQ only applies to 2 rides.

The other rides have a Lightning pass line and stand by line.

The headliners not part of genie plus have a stand by and a second line for lightning pass.

It's not 4 lines merged. Its 2. With availability being the key.

ImperfectPixie

I’m a little appalled this is being brought up so much on the blogoverse since 4 pm. You’re not “getting around it” people…you’re paying for rides. Acceptance is a part of healing.
It's more than a little disgusting. Reminds me of when the "stroller-wagons" were banned and the afternoon wine moms were encouraging each other to lie about disabilities.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom