Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

GigglesMcSnort

I sent an email to customer services about the international thing, and the reply came back:

"While we appreciate your concern, Lightning Lane Multi Pass and Lightning Lane Single Pass features will be available to Guests from other countries, they will be able to begin their pre-arrival planning on the My Disney Experience Mobile App after they reach the United States"

Great. They expect international visitors to do their pre-arrival planning AFTER they have arrived. I'm going to order a TARDIS...

I believe this response is what one might call "disingenuous". If one is being polite.

ConfettiCupcake

For some yes but a lot do 14 days plus meaning they will still be on equal footing for the second week. Not what anyone wants to hear I know but unless there is a legal issue I tend to think Disney will eventually allow it by either updating the app or putting together some other work around.

Some Canadians are closer to WDW than some Americans and I’d guess because of this, vacation habits more closely resemble out of state guests from the US than they do overseas guests. Just from my own observation (read - I don’t have data like Disney does) 14 day and up stays are the exception. I’d be surprised to learn that Canadian guests being in Orlando long enough to have a 7 day buffer and then a lengthy Disney portion was common at all.

Canadians might need to find snowbird buddies to book for us

easyrowrdw

They could just add in the ILL attractions to LL options to have more choices and then raise the price of it. That would also less complicate things (single pass vs multi pass which doesn’t include the single pass which is just dumb sounding)
Yeah. That’d make things easier. I think it would lead to more G+ sales, at least at AK and Epcot. I think someone in another thread tried to do some math on what it would take to make up for lost ILL revenue. I can’t remember what it was but if you charge a bit more while also selling more, it seems like it would be possible.

C33Mom

They do. The plaids are all over the parks each and every day
I don’t think that anybody who has experienced both top tier systems would describe them as the same or even very close. Their main similarities are less time in queues without pre-booking (for a lot more money than Genie+) but there are major differences (pros and cons) to each. We don’t visit Uni much but my understanding is that in addition to offering far more flexibility and privacy, their ultimate line skipping passes don’t sell out as often as VIP tours do.

Splash4eva

I don’t think that anybody who has experienced both top tier systems would describe them as the same or even very close. Their main similarities are less time in queues without pre-booking (for a lot more money than Genie+) but there are major differences (pros and cons) to each. We don’t visit Uni much but my understanding is that in addition to offering far more flexibility and privacy, their ultimate line skipping passes don’t sell out as often as VIP tours do.
They are ultimately the same. You can ride any attraction you want any time you want at a steep price. If you can max out the amount of people disney allows vs the price uni charges they are comparable

Vegas Disney Fan

Anything less than 90% and their model is off balance.

We're in the low 80s, even when adjusted for thousands of rooms being removed from inventory.

Not great, Bob.
These numbers get staggering quickly… if we assume 80% of total inventory using very basic guesstimates we get…

Value resorts, 10300 total rooms, 20% vacancy is 2060 rooms, at $200 a night = $412,000

Moderate resorts, 7000 total rooms, 20% vacancy is 1400 rooms, at $300 a night = $420,000

Deluxe resorts, 5000 total rooms, 20% vacancy is 1000 rooms, at $500 a night is $500,000

Losing $1.5 million a day from hotel rates alone is huge but even at 3 people per room those roughly 5000 empty rooms becomes 15000 lost ticket sales, food sales, drink sales, souvenir sales, etc a day, at $200 per person that’s another $3 million a day…

$5 million a day in overall loses, or $1.7 billion a year.

SingleRider

Premium Member
Wow. I thought it would be into the $30 range since Tiana’s is opening today.

IMG_2703.jpeg

James J

In the Parks
No
You are kidding right? Waiting lists over 3 years, waiting to have urgent cancer diagnostic tests over 3 months, can’t make an appointment with a doctor without an 8am scramble every day - like a VQ.
I don't know, I think I'd still stick with our NHS after my wife had a two night hospital stay in Orlando on our honeymoon. She came out with a $46,000 bill...

Splash4eva

These numbers get staggering quickly… if we assume 80% of total inventory using very basic guesstimates we get…

Value resorts, 10300 total rooms, 20% vacancy is 2060 rooms, at $200 a night = $412,000

Moderate resorts, 7000 total rooms, 20% vacancy is 1400 rooms, at $300 a night = $420,000

Deluxe resorts, 5000 total rooms, 20% vacancy is 1000 rooms, at $500 a night is $500,000

Losing $1.5 million a day from hotel rates alone is huge but even at 3 people per room those roughly 5000 empty rooms becomes 15000 lost ticket sales, food sales, drink sales, souvenir sales, etc a day, at $200 per person that’s another $3 million a day…

$5 million a day in overall loses, or $1.7 billion a year.
In a way with their park capacity issues this is a blessing in disguise

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom