Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

DCBaker

Premium Member
Magic Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios and the Multiple Parks option for Genie+ have sold out for the day. Magic Kingdom/Multiple Parks sold out around 8:30am.

IMG_EE078ABE2CB2-1.jpeg

Basil of Baker Street

I was there last week. It was fairly busy but not unmanageable. We purchased G+ for MK and I got my moneys worth. We rode pretty everything but JC and the spinners.

As far as the other parks, we would just go later in the evening and get everything done. We did smugglers as a single rider walk on and Rise was about a 30 minute wait before close. We took advantage of Test Track and Everest's SR lines as well riding multiple times. Flight of Passage was a 48 min wait before close the night we did it. Epcot waits weren't bad either. If you don't have little ones and and stay out a little late, save your money.

Disstevefan1

I was there last week. It was fairly busy but not unmanageable. We purchased G+ for MK and I got my moneys worth. We rode pretty everything but JC and the spinners.

As far as the other parks, we would just go later in the evening and get everything done. We did smugglers as a single rider walk on and Rise was about a 30 minute wait before close. We took advantage of Test Track and Everest's SR lines as well riding multiple times. Flight of Passage was a 48 min wait before close the night we did it. Epcot waits weren't bad either. If you don't have little ones and and stay out a little late, save your money.
Its sad that in this day and age folks cant get on the Jungle Cruise. Very Sad.

Basil of Baker Street

Its sad that in this day and age folks cant get on the Jungle Cruise. Very Sad.
Yeah. Lightning Lanes run out on that one pretty quick for some reason. I don't get it. We were stacking and PP and Space were our priority. We didn't enter the park till 2ish. We could have entered the queue at close but the line looked long and I was tired. Ear Scouts has some good videos on G+ if anyone is interested.

Purduevian

Not only that, but since the movie came out, the times that I have been on it, most of the people just sit there, not appreciating the humor and ride for what it is.
I like the ride, but honestly its my ~#14 ranked attraction in MK (I know super subjective). Combine that with the low capacity, and quick G+ sell out. I only ride it if it randomly comes up on LL while I'm refreshing. I do think a better audio system would do wonders for the ride as half the time I can't even fully hear the skipper.

nickys

Premium Member
Yeah that I agree with. That experience is already so dependent upon the skipper and if you can’t hear the jokes…
Most of the passengers don’t even realise the skipper is telling jokes, or they do but keep on talking amongst themselves anyway. A better audio system might help there, but if English isn’t a guest’s primary language it doesn’t help.

The other issue is that the jokes come thick and fast. If you try to actually look at anything, the skipper is onto the next joke already.

Dranth

I do think a better audio system would do wonders for the ride as half the time I can't even fully hear the skipper.
Glad it is not just me. The last few years I have had a terrible time trying to understand the skippers. They sound muffled and incomprehensible many times. I’m sure at least part of it is my hearing getting worse but the audio on board needs work.

Purduevian

Glad it is not just me. The last few years I have had a terrible time trying to understand the skippers. They sound muffled and incomprehensible many times. I’m sure at least part of it is my hearing getting worse but the audio on board needs work.
It's a combination of an aging sound system and louder guests I think. Again person opinion though even if I could hear the skipper perfectly I just don't think it would be something I would wait more than 30ish minutes for. However, I do prioritize it on LL every time simply due to FOMO.

Gringrinngghost

Saw a rumor that WDW is switching to a third party for DAS in as little as two weeks.
And people are already up in arms about it. How are a company willing to make accommodations ask for legitimate proof and not hear a rundown from a WebMD symptom checker.

As the saying goes: Put up or shut up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom