Life Vests

robynchic

I know it isn't really my business, but may I inquire why one may be needed? I can understand if it's for medical reasons in a pool (i.e. epilepsy). But I second the idea of calling the resort.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

robynchic said:
I know it isn't really my business, but may I inquire why one may be needed? I can understand if it's for medical reasons in a pool (i.e. epilepsy). But I second the idea of calling the resort.

Maybe so that they don't have to pack it and bring it with them. Some kids need them even though they can swim well because the water is still too deep for them and not everyone is so in love with the water wing things.

Upvote 0

robynchic

shoppingnut said:
Maybe so that they don't have to pack it and bring it with them. Some kids need them even though they can swim well because the water is still too deep for them and not everyone is so in love with the water wing things.
Well, I understand that. I'm just a curious person. But as I mentioned, it's not really my business, so if Ballsinc doesn't want to answer, that's cool.

Upvote 0

Ballsinc

Original Poster
robynchic said:
Well, I understand that. I'm just a curious person. But as I mentioned, it's not really my business, so if Ballsinc doesn't want to answer, that's cool.

Not a problem. I have a 5 year old who one day is queen of the world who doesn't need a life vest and one cannonball later is crying "LIFE VEST!" So opposed to packing one, I thought it would be better to check with those that know best.

Upvote 0

robynchic

Ballsinc said:
Not a problem. I have a 5 year old who one day is queen of the world who doesn't need a life vest and one cannonball later is crying "LIFE VEST!" So opposed to packing one, I thought it would be better to check with those that know best.
Okay, that makes sense. If the resort doesn't have them, there is a Walgreen's less than a mile off property that carries that kind of stuff. To get there, travel in the direction of Downtown Disney. When you get to the intersection of [road you're on] and 535, turn right. Go about 3/4 mile (just guesstimating), and the Walgreens will be on your right.

Visual cues person (like me)? Here ya go then-
Go towards Downtown Disney, and pass DTD, but stay on the road. When you get to the light with the Crossroads shopping center in front of you, turn right. Go straight through two lights. At the third light you come to, Walgreens should be at about 1 or 2 o'clock.

If anyone sees errors with my directions, please correct them!

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

robynchic said:

Clearly not because of the way your post was written to indicate that it would be for "medical reasons." And, if you are truly curious, there was no reason why you needed to jump on my post as if there couldn't be other reasons besides what the OP had to say.

Upvote 0

robynchic

shoppingnut said:
Clearly not because of the way your post was written to indicate that it would be for "medical reasons." And, if you are truly curious, there was no reason why you needed to jump on my post as if there couldn't be other reasons besides what the OP had to say.
I was using a medical reason as an example that I have heard of in the past. And I was implying that the reason YOU gave me is a perfectly reasonable explanation, as well.
Clearly, you didn't see that I was agreeing with the "call the resort" recommendation. I gave an alternative option, if the resort says that they don't have any life vests. There was no reason for you to jump down my throat. I could have become more defensive after your reply to my first post, because the phrasing made me read it as facetious and rude. I chose to re-interpret it as being an idea you were giving me as to another reason I may not have thought of.

GETTING BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POST-

Please excuse this petty bickering, Ballsinc, and I hope that it doesn't come down to using my directions. Enjoy your trip to WDW- maybe I'll see you while I'm working over the summer!

Upvote 0

Caseyis8

I know that I should not say anything, but I am trying to figure out why so many people on these boards today are fighting? I love to read all of your posts and I feel really bad when people start yelling at each other for posting in the wrong area or whatever. I believe a lot of people are like me and they tend to read all of the posts that truely interest them, not because they are listed in a certain area. I myself check the resorts, trip planning and cruise line site first and then I proceed to the new posts section. I love that some of you live so close to WDW. I am actually very jealous. I love Florida and hope to move there someday. Let us all take a deep breath and dream about WDW and all the great, magical things that happen there. :)

Upvote 0

natalia1681

I think that sometimes it's very hard to infer someone's tone in a post.

I think that robynchic is a super sweet, nice person, who was really JUST curious about the need for a life vest:wave:

She has always been more than helpful to me, and has even gone out of her way to help me in booking my trip!:D:D:D

Upvote 0

Ballsinc

Original Poster
robynchic said:
Please excuse this petty bickering, Ballsinc, and I hope that it doesn't come down to using my directions. Enjoy your trip to WDW- maybe I'll see you while I'm working over the summer!

Thanks for some ideas.
I realize you were just being helpful.
I'll keep an eye out for you...
eyeball.gif

Upvote 0

tink rules

This is what they posted for the All star pools on All Ears.....

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Life vests for youngsters may be checked out of the Arcade for the length of your stay. Diapered children are required to wear swim diapers or rubber pants.[/FONT]

Now lets all shake hands and be friends again....

Upvote 0

Ballsinc

Original Poster
tink rules said:
This is what they posted for the All star pools on All Ears.....

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Life vests for youngsters may be checked out of the Arcade for the length of your stay. Diapered children are required to wear swim diapers or rubber pants.[/FONT]

Now lets all shake hands and be friends again....

THANK YOU ALL.....Group Hug:lookaroun

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
All resorts have life-vests available to sign out for the length of your stay. DS used one for our first three trips. They'll ask for a credit card or room key with charging option to "secure" the loan, but as I recall, there is no charge [or it's minimal].

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom