Lies, Lies, Oh Stop The Lies!

Not For Sale

Original Poster
My friend just got back from EPCOT and MK. This kid get motion sick on ANYTHING. We once had to take him out of the movie gone in 60 seconds because he was getting motion sick. He said that Mission Space closed when he was there (Sometime from the 15th-the 20th.) I personally don't belive this. He said
We were standing in line to get on Mission Space but then it uh...closed. Oh yeah (looks around like hes thinking) the Life place was, too.
Wonders of life?
Uh yeah sure.
Can anyone confirm this?

All4Gemini

Wonders of Life is closed seasonally, but I'm not sure if he was telling the truth about Mission:Space, it's not closed for rehab or anything but maybe it broke down?

Mission: SPACE

I doubt Mission: SPACE would hardly ever go down for any length of time. Remember, it has four ride systems... The whole system would have to go down for it to have to shut down.

TURKEY

Originally posted by Disney2002
And even that would be unlikely, the way power is wired for large institutions.

Epcot had to close in 2002 :confused: after the power went out all over the park, so it is possible.

Main Street USA

Sounds to me like he was just worried about riding something that may make him sick. If you know he easily gets ill, then I'm sure he knows it, too.

I guess I'm missing the point of your trying to find out if it was really closed. So what if he lied and said it was closed when it wasn't. Maybe he's just embarrassed. Give the kid a break.

cherrynegra

Oh thank heavens above. With that subject title I was expecting some scathing attack on Eisner or Roy. How refreshing to find that it wasn't.:lol:

Disney2002

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
Epcot had to close in 2002 :confused: after the power went out all over the park, so it is possible.

Exactly. I was thinking it would be an all or nothing thing, rather than something so isolatable. If one attraction goes down, I would doubt it was an electrical issue.

ACE

Originally posted by Main Street USA
Sounds to me like he was just worried about riding something that may make him sick. If you know he easily gets ill, then I'm sure he knows it, too.

I guess I'm missing the point of your trying to find out if it was really closed. So what if he lied and said it was closed when it wasn't. Maybe he's just embarrassed. Give the kid a break.

Exactly what I was thinking. Now follow MSU's advice and "Give the kid a break".

:wave: ACE

madalex

We were at WDW from Feb 12 - 18 (not the exact dates asked about, but close) and visited Epcot for a portion of every day. I am not aware that Epcot as a whole or Mission Space in particular clsoed at any time during that week (although Test Track did while I was waiting in the FP line - argh!). Obviously, we weren't over by MS during every moment, but that seems like something we might have heard about.

MouseMadness

Originally posted by cherrynegra
Oh thank heavens above. With that subject title I was expecting some scathing attack on Eisner or Roy. How refreshing to find that it wasn't.:lol:

LOL!! I was thinking the same thing!

Why, for goodness' sakes, would he even consider M:S if a movie will make him sick? That's what I don't understand. :veryconfu

TURKEY

Originally posted by Mary Poppins
That was after a fire at the main power station. That hasn't happened again.

I know it hasn't happened again, but it is possible that an entire park could go dark due to a power failure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom