Lien on Cinderella Castle

brkgnews

Boy, some smart@$$ lawyer really knows how to try to get his money, huh? Put a lien on the most famous building on the property?

They should pay him in pennies. But pay him one cent over, and then demand a check back via overnight certified delivery for the remainer.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Looks like Cinderella forgot to pay the bill for the insulation in her new guest suite.

In all seriousness liens like this happen all the time in construction for a variety of reasons.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Who finds this stuff?
It is not hard. Search the word "Disney" at Orange and Osceola counties public records and you will find literally thousands of documents. Most are rather boring but every now and then you will strike gold AKA the Demolition permit for the North Wing of the Contemporary.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
looks like a $4k lien. Sounds to me like Diz paid the contractor, but the contractor never paid the sub

dazzer68

sorry ,but whats a lien? i thought it was a spelling mistake!?
im in uk and its probably called something else here,but not sure what it is!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
sorry ,but whats a lien? i thought it was a spelling mistake!?
im in uk and its probably called something else here,but not sure what it is!
A lien is the legal claim of one person upon the property of another person to secure the payment of a debt or the satisfaction of an obligation.

Basically you do work on my house, I don't pay you so you file a lien on the property. This prevents me from selling the property and in some cases could make me forfeit it to satisfy the lien.

PKD

Yes, there is a Lien placed on Cinderella Castle..

http://officialrecords.occompt.com/...id=28683066&file_num=20070074269&doc_status=I

Perhaps Disney ought to just pay it's contractors rather then being known for trying to get out of it...

The lien doesn't mean that Disney hasn't paid anyone, what it means is that Specialty Products has not been paid by it's customer, Anchor Installation (who was the GC For the castle job). It is the duty of Anchor Installation to pay the debt to Specialty or a lien will be filed. If Disney claims to have already paid Anchor then Disney and Specialty can file suite. However, if Anchor doesn't pay, then Disney, in the end, will have to pay "again" to release the lien.

I worked in Credit Managment for an Industrial Supply Company for awhile and had to file liens all the time. Several on Disney, Universal, Seaworld, and Cypress Gardens. You only have about 90 days from the date of the last shipment to the job site to file your lien or be paid in full.

PKD

A lien is the legal claim of one person upon the property of another person to secure the payment of a debt or the satisfaction of an obligation.

Basically you do work on my house, I don't pay you so you file a lien on the property. This prevents me from selling the property and in some cases could make me forfeit it to satisfy the lien.

Think Disney will want to try and sell the castle anytime soon?? :lookaroun

raremerebear

There are a few forms that also have to be in place when a lien is filed, like an NTO (Notice to Owner) to inform the owners of each party involved of the non-payment and try to get their butts in gear and pay the bills. Disney is probably not even aware of the situation until those certified NTO's go out. I work in the construction industry, and 8 out of 10 times it's when the GC (general contractor) doesn't pay the Sub. It looks bad, but is really common.

Gucci65

The lien doesn't mean that Disney hasn't paid anyone, what it means is that Specialty Products has not been paid by it's customer, Anchor Installation (who was the GC For the castle job). It is the duty of Anchor Installation to pay the debt to Specialty or a lien will be filed. If Disney claims to have already paid Anchor then Disney and Specialty can file suite. However, if Anchor doesn't pay, then Disney, in the end, will have to pay "again" to release the lien.

I worked in Credit Managment for an Industrial Supply Company for awhile and had to file liens all the time. Several on Disney, Universal, Seaworld, and Cypress Gardens. You only have about 90 days from the date of the last shipment to the job site to file your lien or be paid in full.

You are so right!!!:sohappy:

The company I work for does a lot of work in Florida and every week I get two or three of these notices. It protects everyone involved in a project.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom