Liberty Tree Tavern salad dressing

prberk

Am I the only one who actually LOVES the Liberty Tree Tavern? The Thanksgiving-style dinner there is great!

I love the opening salad. The dressing is some sort of sweet vinaigrette. Anyone know what kind, and whether it is a commercial brand. It is delicious, and I am craving it up here in Virginia! :lol:

BeachClubVillas

I love it there too!! :D We eat there every year. The food tastes just like Thanksgiving.

The salad dressing is some sort of strawberry vinegarette. I don't know if it's commercial or not, but I'm sure you can buy some sort of strawberry vinegarette dressing in a supermarket.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Here you go...we have a recipe thread going , Come and join us. :wave:

Strawberry Vinaigrette
from The Liberty Tree Tavern, MK

17 OZ Strawberry Vinegar
1 1/2 OZ Salt
8 OZ Sugar, Granulated
4 OZ Strawberry Melba
4 OZ Dijon Mustard
DASH Tabasco Sauce
DASH White Pepper
2 QT./64 OZ Salad Oil
8 OZ Water

Place strawberry vinegar, salt, sugar, melba, mustard, tabasco, and white pepper in storage container. Using hand held blender, blend ingredients well. Add oil in four parts blending thoroughly after each fourth. Add water and blend one last time.

Upvote 0

prberk

Original Poster
Thanks, tigsmom. Where is the recipe thread? I don't see it.

BTW, I just love the way that I knew someone around here would know this most obscure information!!! :)

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Originally posted by tiggerlover1971
can some one tell me what strawberry melba is I am curious and do you know how hard it is to find strawberry vinegar down here ?

Strawberry melba is a sauce:

Force 1 cup frozen (thawed) or fresh strawberries through a sieve fine enough to hold back the seeds. Add 1/4 cup sugar and cook 6 minutes, or long enough to make a heavy syrup (216 degrees F.). Serve cold. This is especially good on Vanilla Ice Cream or Chocolate Ice Cream.

I know there are mail order places, but just about any large supermarket/gourmet store should have strawberry vinegar. Our WalMart sells it here in NY.

:wave:

Upvote 0

tiggerlover1971

tigsmom Ihave not found strawberry vinegar anywhere down here I might just have to see if my sister wants to take a drive to monroe ( she is in Manhattan ) to your walmart for the strawberry vinegar

Upvote 0

tigsmom

tigsmom Ihave not found strawberry vinegar anywhere down here I might just have to see if my sister wants to take a drive to monroe ( she is in Manhattan ) to your walmart for the strawberry vinegar

I'm almost certain she could get it quicker in Manhattan (as it would take about 2 hrs to make that trip each way).
You might try to make your own:

For 1 pt. of good white wine vinegar, you'll need 1 pt. of strawberries. To get an intense strawberry flavor, you should infuse the vinegar twice as follows:

Place the strawberries and vinegar in a ceramic container with a lid and let them steep together for 4-5 days.

Remove the strawberries and put a batch of new berries in for the second infusion. The vinegar should be ready after another 4-5 days.

Upvote 0

tiggerlover1971

hahahahah thanks tigsmom I found a recipe last night on the internet but I dont know if i want to spend all that time making the vinegar just to make salad dressing :lol: :lol: :lol: I am going to call my sister and see if she can find it up there

Upvote 0

tigsmom

hahahahah thanks tigsmom I found a recipe last night on the internet but I dont know if i want to spend all that time making the vinegar just to make salad dressing :lol: :lol: :lol: I am going to call my sister and see if she can find it up there

Feel the same way...have no desire for any type of vinegar except Balsamic for my salads though. Good luck. :wave:

Upvote 0

prberk

Original Poster
I continue to be amazed at the wonderful thoroughness of this thread, and by the fact that I have found people who actually know what I am talking about on such a specific topic, about a salad dressing featured in a restaurant that is more than 750 miles away from me... with answers from someone who is even further from the restaurant.

Wow!

Bless you all (especially you, Tigsmom!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom