IMG_6790.JPG
IMG_6793.JPG
IMG_6787.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6780.JPG
    IMG_6780.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 99

EricsBiscuit

So apparently the whistle is one they got from the WDWRR (spare or from a loco we don't know). They installed the wrong fittings and were stuck with installing a railroad whistle instead of the old one. :banghead::banghead::banghead:. I'm getting used to it after my 4th trip today.

The boiler is new. Most valves and pipes are new or refurbished. Automatic feed pump now. Paddle wheel refurbed. The brass work looks great. The feed pumps are now below deck adjacent to the refurbished generator. The RoA Indian village has had some AAs removed temporarily for refurb. The parlor has also had some TLC.
IMG_6809.JPG
IMG_6812.JPG

EricsBiscuit

That is a good shot of the turbine, reduction gear and generator.
Thanks! Seeing reduction gear always reminds me of when I went on the USS Yorktown, USS Missouri, and USS Alabama. The reduction gear from the turbines to the propeller shafts is absolutely ginormous. If you ever get the chance to see an old battleship or aircraft carrier's engine room, go! It's totally awesome.

DisAl

Thanks! Seeing reduction gear always reminds me of when I went on the USS Yorktown, USS Missouri, and USS Alabama. The reduction gear from the turbines to the propeller shafts is absolutely ginormous. If you ever get the chance to see an old battleship or aircraft carrier's engine room, go! It's totally awesome.
I agree with you 100%. The engineering and construction of the WWII battleships is absolutely amazing to me. I had the opportunity to spend a whole day on the USS Alabama and USS Drum a while back. I wish I had a month and the master key to explore the whole ship from the keel to the radar mast.
For that matter I wish I had the "master key", permission, and SIX months to explore every corner of WDW. :D I would go everywhere, look at everything, and do everything - except Tinkerbell's zip line. I am afraid the cable would not be quite robust enough for me.
FYI the FIRST thing I would do is ride in the cab of all the locomotives and blow the whistle until it melted down. I have tried just about every trip to find someone who could approve riding in the cab but that seems to be one of the biggest "no-no" items there is. I've spent time in just about every kind of generating plant there is, including nuclear, and fully understand the hazards for that environment but there seems to be no way to get permission for that if you are not a WDWRR cast member. Yes, I have done the steam trains tour 3 times and been in the cab with the loco stationary, but I want to RIDE that thing! At least with the steamboat you can be right back there a few feet from the engines if you want to.

Last edited:

jt04

I love this picture. It really lets you appreciate the combination of built structures and natural surroundings of this part of MK, and the scale of HM works so much better without the two trees in front. It's also good to see both Aunt Polly's and the riverboat in use again.

Agree 100%. I really want to see them develop the MK all the way around the RoA, but when you see how beautiful the area is it really makes me doubt if they should. Has to be a tough decision for them.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I have tried just about every trip to find someone who could approve riding in the cab but that seems to be one of the biggest "no-no" items there is. I've spent time in just about every kind of generating plant there is, including nuclear, and fully understand the hazards for that environment but there seems to be no way to get permission for that if you are not a WDWRR cast member.
Well, there's your answer, right there.

Captain Barbossa

FYI the FIRST thing I would do is ride in the cab of all the locomotives and blow the whistle until it melted down. I have tried just about every trip to find someone who could approve riding in the cab but that seems to be one of the biggest "no-no" items there is. I've spent time in just about every kind of generating plant there is, including nuclear, and fully understand the hazards for that environment but there seems to be no way to get permission for that if you are not a WDWRR cast member. Yes, I have done the steam trains tour 3 times and been in the cab with the loco stationary, but I want to RIDE that thing! At least with the steamboat you can be right back there a few feet from the engines if you want to.
I've always wondered why they allow cab/tender rides on the Disneyland Railroad but not on the WDWRR. It would be awesome if they did.

Also, does anyone have a video of the Liberty Belle's new whistle? (curious to hear what it sounds like)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom