Let's Talk 4th of July Weekend!

smbarr

I booked a trip for the hubby and I for the 1st through the 5th. Got a great deal at CBR and we have APs. We decided not to do the dining plan this time to see how we do paying out of pocket. I have fast passes done. We plan to arrive on the 1st, AK on the 2nd, DHS and maybe a waterpark on the 3rd, and Epcot on the 4th. My question is this. If we leave DHS on the 3rd to go to a waterpark, what are the odds DHS will fill to capacity before the evening? We'd like to go back for dinner and the fireworks. And yes, I know not going to the MK is blasphemous:)

Thanks for your help!

RKSteel

Most of the crowds might go the MK at night on the 3rd, to see the same fireworks as the 4th. We did this last year, got to MK around 6:30 pm and people were already waiting in their spots. Thankfully thunderstorms rolled through and delayed the fireworks to around 10pm, so a lot of the crowd left.
If you have never seen the MK July 4th fireworks, I would highly recommend it. It was an awesome show.

Upvote 0

FrostyNaples

We are going 2nd-5th :D

Will be our first 4th of July visit as well, normally we had summer black out dates, but upgraded to Gold AP's this time around.

We are doing Epcot on the 2nd, 8:30 dinner @ La Hacienda de San Angel to watch illuminations, first try at this restaurant.
MK for the 3rd, to watch the fireworks special. DHS on the 4th for the fireworks special, since most will be @ MK for the day of holiday. AK doesn't do special fireworks, and we determined since Epcot only adds a small thing to the end of their show, it wasn't worth moving things around.

The major thing was not to be in MK for the 4th, even though I realize crowds will be heavy everywhere, trying to be somewhat strategic.

We'll be bouncing around all the parks in between, main events were for the fireworks. Gotta get to Disney Springs too, since our last trip 1st week in May, many new things have opened including the town center, etc, that we have not seen yet.

Looking forward to it, Magic Bands being delivered today!:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom