Let's say I got a survey....

Disstevefan1

I am glad to hear they are doing surveys. Thanks to the OP for your feedback on Genie. We have seen WDW turn on a dime when they want to. If enough folks say they dislike Genie, they will tweak it.

Last edited:

Minnesota disney fan

I have done a few surveys over the years,but none lately. I found that they were all worded to give them the answers They wanted. It seemed like they weren't interested in hearing what people actually thought, just wanted confirmation from their jaded questions. I quit taking the surveys because of that.
I have taken many surveys for Universal, and none of their questions were worded that way. I was able to give honest answers that I wanted to give. So, I continue to do their surveys.

castlecake2.0

Did you tell them to get better ingredients and stop relying on Sysco frozen foods?
My big grievance was the set up of Geyser Point. It was meant to be a lounge/pool bar and quickly became some kind of quasi table service with no where for pool goers just to be able to get a quick drink. It’s a mess and I gave them some ideas to fix it ;)

MarvelCharacterNerd

I've gotten several surveys over the past year from DLR. They have mostly been longer ones (half hour or more to complete). Until a few weeks ago, I was focused on complaining about the lack of trams. Now that they've finally fixed that, the most recent one seemed to have an emphasis on Genie/Genie+/ILL. I made sure to explain that I'm completely aware of all the services including the free one, have never used any of them and will never use them. And I suggested they look back to MaxPass as a successful version of the paid FastPass, but also noted the parks work best for guests when there's no FP version at all.

mysto

I think one of the goals of surveys is to justify executive compensation. "if satisfaction numbers are over 87% then chapek get a 10m bonus". This is why the questions are leading you. This is why they don't listen. They're using the false guise of improving service to trick you into answering. It's takes a lot of questions for a statistician to determine the headline "% satified" metric, this is why it takes you a half hour. If they just ask you how satisfied you are they won't consider the data reliable.

Like I said before in a joking way, if you're going to waste your time on this you should at least be compensated. And with more than a doughnut or free micky bar.

I only answer surveys when I'm trying to help someone, to say something nice about a working person such as my co-workers where I work. The second they ask for my household income or race it's a hard stop, I refuse to answer.

mf1972

148F21CE-BD51-42F5-A99D-3327D61EC310.gif

that would mean they’re watching us…always watching…

mf1972

we stayed last oct/nov & didn’t have a survey emailed to us. if we get 1 this year after visiting, i’ll be happy to fill it out

ppete1975

On my way home from a recent trip to WDW- i got a survey about Epcot. Earlier in the week, I had gotten one about another park I visited, so I thought, " Oh, I'll answer this really quickly in the car". This survey was about Epcot in particular. I was asked about rides, lines, where I ate, how long I was there, Shopping, Genie +, Lightning Lane, areas I visited, what worked, what didn't, crowd levels, crowd behavior, ease of movement though the parks at certain times of day, etc..... It took me a full 30 minutes to answer all the questions. I couldn't quite tell what area they were targeting, but it seemed very specific for a basic Epcot survey. To be fair, Epcot on this day was less busy than other parks other days this past week. However, test track was down for the first hour, and all day it had about a 70 minute wait. I was pretty fair on everything. I just told them how much I hated Genie + and why, and the cost....etc. I heard it all week from people at breakfast, on the bus, in the parks, etc... People hate it. Has anyone else gotten a really lengthy survey- I think I had about 100 questions?
Did you get a gift card or anything in return? I know they used to give you something.. but that was when i was a kid so... in the 80s lol

hanwill

Original Poster
no- I didn't get anything in return- but I used up those boxes for answers.... I did say at one point,". Why not go back to ticket books?" Cause its like what they are doing....I was. Not kind and it didn't help any percentages they were looking for. It was more comprehensive than just Genie+/LL. But my favorite quote that I overheard this week was,"I'll tell Disney what they can do with their Genie".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom