Let's say I got a survey....

hanwill

Original Poster
On my way home from a recent trip to WDW- i got a survey about Epcot. Earlier in the week, I had gotten one about another park I visited, so I thought, " Oh, I'll answer this really quickly in the car". This survey was about Epcot in particular. I was asked about rides, lines, where I ate, how long I was there, Shopping, Genie +, Lightning Lane, areas I visited, what worked, what didn't, crowd levels, crowd behavior, ease of movement though the parks at certain times of day, etc..... It took me a full 30 minutes to answer all the questions. I couldn't quite tell what area they were targeting, but it seemed very specific for a basic Epcot survey. To be fair, Epcot on this day was less busy than other parks other days this past week. However, test track was down for the first hour, and all day it had about a 70 minute wait. I was pretty fair on everything. I just told them how much I hated Genie + and why, and the cost....etc. I heard it all week from people at breakfast, on the bus, in the parks, etc... People hate it. Has anyone else gotten a really lengthy survey- I think I had about 100 questions?

Chi84

Premium Member
On my way home from a recent trip to WDW- i got a survey about Epcot. Earlier in the week, I had gotten one about another park I visited, so I thought, " Oh, I'll answer this really quickly in the car". This survey was about Epcot in particular. I was asked about rides, lines, where I ate, how long I was there, Shopping, Genie +, Lightning Lane, areas I visited, what worked, what didn't, crowd levels, crowd behavior, ease of movement though the parks at certain times of day, etc..... It took me a full 30 minutes to answer all the questions. I couldn't quite tell what area they were targeting, but it seemed very specific for a basic Epcot survey. To be fair, Epcot on this day was less busy than other parks other days this past week. However, test track was down for the first hour, and all day it had about a 70 minute wait. I was pretty fair on everything. I just told them how much I hated Genie + and why, and the cost....etc. I heard it all week from people at breakfast, on the bus, in the parks, etc... People hate it. Has anyone else gotten a really lengthy survey- I think I had about 100 questions?
I did, for HS. Did yours have boxes occasionally pop up for you to explain your answers more fully? Mine did, and I managed to answer every one by explaining how much better FP+ was compared to the current system.

Pepper's Ghost

Wow. Talk about being a gluten for punishment. Why would Disney do that to themselves. 🤣

Edit: Or "glutton for punishment" for those who care so much about spelling, grammar, etc. 🤣

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

I got one the other day that took close to an hour asking about my resort stay and what we experienced, seemed to mostly focus on food and beverage

Chi84

Premium Member
Not quite auto-correct. I typed "glutten", and got the red squiggly and just picked the top word in the list. So partially "auto-correct", but mostly stupidity. 🤣
Next time try glutton 😉 (Thanks to all the fill-in-the blanks these days I’ve become terrible at spelling!)

tcool123

I had the same survey for Epcot But is also asked about Harmonious and the 50th Anniversary. I was brutally honest letting them know why it sucked and why it should be revamped. As well as cast attitude and COVID safety

Pepper's Ghost

Next time try glutton 😉 (Thanks to all the fill-in-the blanks these days I’ve become terrible at spelling!)
Well, had I typed it correctly the first time, I wouldn't have gotten the red squiggly. 🤣 Of course you can say just spell it correctly the first time. 🤣

AdventureHasAName

I just told them how much I hated Genie + and why, and the cost....etc. I heard it all week from people at breakfast, on the bus, in the parks, etc... People hate it.
Way To Go Reaction GIF by WWE

JIMINYCR

Weve gotten many surveys over the years. Some are sent to us online when we get home, some have been done at the parks when weve been stopped by a CM. On our most recent trip, DS and I were taken into an empty building at DHS and asked about our opinion on a variety of questions. This survey was extremely lengthy compared to any of the others weve taken in the past and we entered our answers into an I-pad in front of us.
I dont mind putting my opinion across to Disney in a survey... I only wish they would pay attention to what I think and it would make a difference. I'm fairly certain my thoughts are pretty much in line with a majority of guests. I know most surveys are biased in the questions that are asked, trying to lead to answers they mostly hope to get, but what a waste of CM's and guests time if opinions are chiefly ignored.

mergatroid

Weve gotten many surveys over the years. Some are sent to us online when we get home, some have been done at the parks when weve been stopped by a CM. On our most recent trip, DS and I were taken into an empty building at DHS and asked about our opinion on a variety of questions. This survey was extremely lengthy compared to any of the others weve taken in the past and we entered our answers into an I-pad in front of us.
I dont mind putting my opinion across to Disney in a survey... I only wish they would pay attention to what I think and it would make a difference. I'm fairly certain my thoughts are pretty much in line with a majority of guests. I know most surveys are biased in the questions that are asked, trying to lead to answers they mostly hope to get, but what a waste of CM's and guests time if opinions are chiefly ignored.
We did this at the Studios once, were taken into a building at the side of the entrance/exit. We spent around 25 mins there doing it on an I-pad and at the end were thanked. I was surprised that we got nothing other than a thank you for so much of our time though, a cold drink, a badge or even some stickers would have been nice.

JIMINYCR

We did this at the Studios once, were taken into a building at the side of the entrance/exit. We spent around 25 mins there doing it on an I-pad and at the end were thanked. I was surprised that we got nothing other than a thank you for so much of our time though, a cold drink, a badge or even some stickers would have been nice.
Same here. DS thought we might at least get a pass for one ride for the time we gave up.

mergatroid

Same here. DS thought we might at least get a pass for one ride for the time we gave up.
Yes when you stop and do the quick 5 min ones at the exit where you just tell them the answers, that's one thing. But as you said, these were really quite intense and impossible to do quickly. After 15-20 mins I started to feel a bit taken advantage of but thought "They'll obviously give us some little treat for our time". How wrong was I :D

hanwill

Original Poster
I have done the lengthy one at HS as well.... This was a little like that, but it was on my phone on the way home. I think that they have to listen to the "we hate being on our phone and having to all be up at 7 am every day of our vacation and run to a ride just to be able to get on it at all first thing in the morning" crowd. I heard a grandfather at breakfast say," I'll tell Disney what they can do with their Genie". He was mad because by the time he got onto the app- Pandora was sold out for the day.It was 7:02 am!
I was approached by a guy who saw us stop to get on our phone that it was a nightmare for him as well. It was the conversation on the buses as well. Disney has done a great job of creating frustration and anger first thing every morning. People hate it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom