Let's Pin share!

copcarguyp71

DD loves collecting PINS. After each trip we set the lanyard aside when we come home and then on our next trip I buy a new one loaded with PINS off of eBay and that way she can trade for special PINS that she will remember from that particular trip...and they can be had pretty cheaply on eBay. You just have to be careful not to end up with knock offs. I just picked up a set of monorails for myself...seven pins...seven days in October, dad is wearing one each day on his collar!
KGrHqIOKjwE6lLijCQBPjjFye0060_12.jpg

rufio

I've been wanting to get into trading pins, but it just seems like a really time consuming and really expensive thing to get into!

copcarguyp71

I've been wanting to get into trading pins, but it just seems like a really time consuming and really expensive thing to get into!

Like I said...eBay yourself a loaded lanyard loaded with pins and you can go and trade them for ones you want. Parents have kids that grow up and then sell loaded lanyards on the cheap on Craigslist and eBay. I got one in preparation for our trip in October loaded with 15 pins plus two non-disney ones for around $27. Doing it this way saves you from having to do the big initial buy-in.;)

tarjaybuff

Sorry having issues adding a photo

Lets hope the 3rd time is the charm.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77493018@N06/7099066029/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77493018@N06/7099065611/in/photostream/

Weirdest pin: Tigger and Rabbit bottom row in a dress wearing competition.
Coolest: Stained Glass Sorcerer hat bottom left corner that opens up
Favorite: My Mickey Disney World Sheriff Badge that is on my pin trading bag

This is about 1/3 of my collection. The rest are on lanyards or in pin trading bags.

Thanks for looking.

chrissyw14

Sorry for the horrible picture, but it's late :)

Again, not all are from WDW, but these are the ones I happen to like. And again, I keep the original backer cards on my pins (not ones I traded for of course). Why, I don't know.

Clockwise from top left

WDW - 2007 Passholders exclusive - I like the matte finish on this one. It is a nice looking pin

WDW - Donald "Chicks Dig Me" pin - come on, does more need to be said ?

WDW - 2010 Food & Wine Limited - I like the SSE as a dish cover. It tips up and there is a slice of cake under it.

DCL - Captain Tom's pin. Each ship Captain has their own pin. Donald - there you go.

Disneypins.com - King Louie & Mowgli. Limited release of 250. How I snagged one, I don't know.

WDW - 2010 Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon - I love the purple/red translucent (like Burgundy wine) inlays on it.

DCL - Ships clock pin. If you have ever been on a DCL cruise, you know this clock.

232323232%7Ffp73395%3Enu%3D6898%3E%3A6%3B%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D3368629494348nu0mrj

I love the food and wine one!

DisneyWall-E

I like to buy Opening Day pins. Be it movies or rides or resorts. Ive got 4 pixar movie ones and a few rides and I just got the POP Century one just incase they decide to change the theme of the resort.

bluefaery

I know there is pinpics.com where you can trade with other Disney fans, but wouldn't it be cool to have a WDWMagic pin trading message board where we could trade with other WDWmagic members? Just a thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom