Lets make Disney LEGO HAPPEN!?!

FOXwithEARS

Original Poster
I am a huge fan of LEGO's and I'm pretty sure there are lots of you guys and I think it would be a wonderful idea if Disney and LEGO got together and made LEGO's based off of well... ANYTHING DISNEY. I really think this could be a cool idea. I mean its an easy sell, plus its great for kids, and I think Disney could get $$ easily. Maybe they can make a few LEGO models out of disney attractions or characters. and have limited edition LEGO's such as the Magic Kingdom or something thats big in scale. (like the Millenium Falcon that has over 5,000 peices). It would certainly get my vote! What do you guys think??

Cmdr_Crimson

I am a huge fan of LEGO's and I'm pretty sure there are lots of you guys and I think it would be a wonderful idea if Disney and LEGO got together and made LEGO's based off of well... ANYTHING DISNEY. I really think this could be a cool idea. I mean its an easy sell, plus its great for kids, and I think Disney could get $$ easily. Maybe they can make a few LEGO models out of disney attractions or characters. and have limited edition LEGO's such as the Magic Kingdom or something thats big in scale. (like the Millenium Falcon that has over 5,000 peices). It would certainly get my vote! What do you guys think??

You do know of the Disney Build it Kits? There is a post about it awhile back..There not the greatest tho..http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=414542

And someone did make Disneyland out of Legos http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=118683

FFMEDIC57

Thats funny!!I just had this conversation yesterday with my wife, while in the Lego Store at DD. I would buy them in a heart beat. There is a generic type of lego imposter that they are selling a the DD Toy Store of mini Disney attractions, such as the castle, big thunder mountain and others. They are pretty lame if you ask me.

DizneyPryncess

I assumed because of the lego store in DTD that there were kits out there where you could build the castle, or spaceship earth, etc. For my nephews birthday, I went on a mission to find these kits only to find they didn't exist! So I totally agree that this should happen - would be an easy sale for sure!

donvincenzo

I would without question be interested in Disney Lego sets. I wouldn't really want sets that are meant for playing or for younger kids, but really detailed, accurate representations, with thousands of pieces involved. I have a couple of the Star Wars Ultimate Collector Series sets (although not the Millenium Falcon :() and they are awesome looking. You get a 5,000 piece Cinderella Castle or Spaceship Earth or TOT and I'm there...

litaljohn

we all realize Lego has contracts in place for the various theme parks of legolands right, including one in Florida? what do those deals all say before we say anything else and get bogged down like with all the marvel west of the Mississippi Louisiana purchase no further north than Lewis and clark but only as far south as the line that cuts through the earth to connect a wormhole galaxies apart contract talk that they go into detail about over licensing restrictions.

lazyboy97o

we all realize Lego has contracts in place for the various theme parks of legolands right, including one in Florida? what do those deals all say before we say anything else and get bogged down like with all the marvel west of the Mississippi Louisiana purchase no further north than Lewis and clark but only as far south as the line that cuts through the earth to connect a wormhole galaxies apart contract talk that they go into detail about over licensing restrictions.
The parks do not really factor into the toy lines. Lego does have and has had several lines based on properties owned by The Walt Disney Company, just none yet based on the theme parks.

litaljohn

The parks do not really factor into the toy lines. Lego does have and has had several lines based on properties owned by The Walt Disney Company, just none yet based on the theme parks.

exactly that's what I was asking about is if they have restrictions based specifically on parks a la marvel them park stuff where it seems east of randomly chosen river it seems the most we can get is an iron man 3 monorail wrap.
obviously Lego can be free to advertise and partner with Disney properties ( they keep pumping oh star wars ones) but can they do so freely in advertising what would be a "rival" (only in the loosest definition) theme park?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
lego-castle-10.jpg

I'd rather see Cinderella Castle, but this version of Sleeping beauty Castle is very impressive.

scbb11Sketch

I'd like to see someone get a successful project on Lego CUUSOO. It's a crowdfunding site that lets users upload their ideas for Lego sets. If their idea gets 10,000 supporters, it goes into an official Lego review to possibly become a real set. It's a longshot with most sets, but if any community can rally together to create a Lego set, it's this one. The castles are probably the best candidates for something like this, but they would have to be really well done like the one above.

litaljohn

I'd like to see someone get a successful project on Lego CUUSOO. It's a crowdfunding site that lets users upload their ideas for Lego sets. If their idea gets 10,000 supporters, it goes into an official Lego review to possibly become a real set. It's a longshot with most sets, but if any community can rally together to create a Lego set, it's this one. The castles are probably the best candidates for something like this, but they would have to be really well done like the one above.

there's one petition already there now but ten months in and it's short by 9,500 basicly.

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/20183

bsiev1977

did you post basically this same thing yesterday under a different account? It seems very familiar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom