Let's Make a Musical

JokersWild

Original Poster
Hey guys,

I talked about this briefly last night, but I thought that now would be a good time to move forward with this project. What I'd like to do is fully write/ score (at least have demos)/ design a musical. Of course, I don't have the ability to do this alone, so I figured that I'd make a thread before solidifying anything to see if anyone would be interested in joining me in this experiment. Even if you're just popping in on and off to offer opinions, I'd love to have people to bounce off of.

Anyway, yesterday I said that my first choice would be Haunted Mansion. I think that it has a ton of potential and could make for a really unique theatre experience on top of the musical as a musical. I'd love to see if anyone else has suggestions for other properties, though.

I'll probably be working on this in the background, but if anyone wants to help out or, even just help decide a property to commit to, I'd love to get some collaboration going.

JokersWild

Original Poster
Ah yes the Haunted Mansion musical

But unironically, I'd love to see a play similar to Hamilton. There are a ton of inspiring figures throughout both history and fiction that I think would benefit greatly from a "Hamilton" style story.
Oh I know that you guys did HM. I just figured that it would be fun to try to see it through and flesh out the music.

In terms of Hamilton, I definitely agree. I'm not sure about another rap musical, since it would be so closely associated with Hamilton, but we could definitely use more historical musicals.

mickeyfan5534

In terms of Hamilton, I definitely agree. I'm not sure about another rap musical, since it would be so closely associated with Hamilton, but we could definitely use more historical musicals.
Hear me out: a Hans Christiaan Andersen musical. The man lived a hell of a life, was very likely a gay man, and is very well known as a figure. I think it's all made for a great musical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom