let us know everything that you love about wdw (this is the all positive thread)

luvJC4saken

Originally posted by lamarvenoy
The smells! I love the Poly lobby, the Contemp concourse,in fact all of the resorts have their own distinct smell.

The resort lobbies have their own unique smells? I've never noticed that before. In May, I'm going w/ some friends and they are staying in a different resort than I. I'll have to pay attention to my olfactory nerves when I'm in the lobby of each one.

May 8TH IS COMING FAST!!!!!!

Nansafan

How could you not notice the resort smells?! When we step into the Poly lobby the first time in a trip to check in, we all take a deep breath and say "ahhh, we're home."

Walking into the MK, through the left tunnel, smelling the popcorn, walking past Roy and Minnie and then seeing the Castle just past the end of Main Street, how can you not love that.

Some of our best CM experiences have been with hotel staff. Augie at the Food and Fun Center at the Contemporary, awesome guy. The housekeeping crew at any resort, they make you feel so welcome. When my nieces were younger 7 and 9, the maid arranged their Disney beanies a different way each day. They couldn't wait to get back to the room each night to see what had been done that day.

It's the little things that make us go to WDW every year.

PS, my 400th post.

disneyman23

Original Poster
yeah i remember when me and my sister were younger and the maid would arrange all our stuffed animals and such all special each day we were there, really made everything feel so special, almost as if the little guys were alive and doing things on their own--really cool for little kids, and def part of the magic that makes disney so special, even down to the smallest detail

civileng68

Account Suspended
wdq

I love Roy's name written on the glass window on the right hand side of Main Street. Just seems to fit perfectly there. hee hee hee.

disneyman23

Original Poster
wishes
illuminations
spectro magic
fantasmic
(fantasy in the sky)
(sorcery in the sky)
(main street electrical parade)

DCL

The best thing about Disney World is how once you arrive on property you are immediately in a completely different world... on the drive from the airport i always get butterflies in my stomach waiting to reach the property and see the disney road signs pointing me in the direction of my hotel... the theme parks.. everything. It's a little bit of heaven here on Earth :)

bsandersjr

I think the main thing is when you get there, you seem to have no worries or thoughts about everyday ordinary life. It just feels so free and mind relaxing. At least up until about 2-3 days before it is time to go back to reality (home/work)

BeachClub

I love just the thought of WDW. Everytime we go, we live another life. We become part of "the world". No worries, no illnesses, no life issues....PERIOD.
It lets us release, be ourselves, regroup, be a FAMILY without having work, school, video games get in the way.
:D

Steamboat_Kevin

What do I love about WDW? Just about everything!
Choosing just one thing is so tough, but I guess I would say I love the relaxing atmosphere at WDW the most, along with the parks and resorts, and of course a trip to WDW would not be as good without the awesome and extremely nice CMs there :)

Lilmama21

Originally posted by disneyman23
yeah i remember when me and my sister were younger and the maid would arrange all our stuffed animals and such all special each day we were there, really made everything feel so special, almost as if the little guys were alive and doing things on their own--really cool for little kids, and def part of the magic that makes disney so special, even down to the smallest detail

My friend, frequent visitor, told me about this. I think that is so sweet of the staff to do (she said they put a toilet paper turban on one of the animals they bought and hung a monkey from the ceiling). I have not told my daughter this so that she can be surprised, I really hope they do it to us. One ?, my daughter will take her favorite stuffed animal with her and we aren't big on buying things, will they do it to brought from home animals or will I need to splurge and buy something? She will really get a kick out of it if they do it......

disneyman23

Original Poster
theres def no way to say for sure that the maid will do this for you, it all depends on where you are staying and who your houskeeper is. but for the most part i would say they would give magical little poses and such for any stuffed animals or beanies--your daughter will def love it if you get this fun treat

stingrock23

It's tough to describe, but the feeling I get when I drive under the big "Walt Disney World" sign just makes me so happy just to be there. I love the vastness of it. There's so much to do, so much space there, and it makes me not even think about anything associated with the real world. The memories of going there as a kid just make me want to go more.

And the monorails. I love those.

Senderella

I haven't been since I was young. Early elementary school. I like the fact you can go at any age and still have the magic & awe of a 5 yr old going for the first time. (which all of us who are going on this trip are experiencing... any Disney commercial or Disney anything makes every single one of us GRIN & giggle like little kids!!) You can forget about being an adult and act like a kid & get a kick out of the small things in life. There really is such a thing as Pixie Dust.

Everything, but I guess one of the biggest things is that I (at 40) still feel the same exitement and joy that I did that first time my parents took me to the world in 1974. My DW says that I am the biggest kid there when we go. For me, that first day we arrive, when I walk through the train station and on to Main Street USA, I feel like I am truly "home". I still feel like that same 11 year old seeing the castle for the first time.:)

MsSnuzi

Originally posted by M. Racer
Walking into EpCoT early in the morning, hearing the background music, feeling the warm sun....can't beat it!:cool:

I agree - the music is one of my favorite things. I love the subtle way it transforms you from place to place in all the parks. Whenever I sit at my computer, I listen to Live 365 and all the Disney stations - takes me back to the World and makes my work go faster!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom