Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow to permanently close Nov 6

Kman101

Count me in as those who'd be quite upset to see OMD closed and removed. Let's hope they're smarter than that. It can be moved. I'm sure there's a bunch of dead space somewhere in Animation Courtyard (speaking of, while not a major problem, that area needs an overhaul too) ... and plenty of unused space elsewhere.

Curious to see if/when we hear of Beauty and teh Beast and Mermaid closing their shows. Can't Disney come up with a show that includes those plus the newer princess movies for one big stage production? Please fans of both original shows and add in Tangled, PaTF, Brave ... the cruise line shows and Disney on Ice can do a best of. I've also thought The Golden Mickeys (with a bit of a writing overhaul, at least compared to the cruise line version) would have been a fantastic fit for DHS in the Superstar Theater.

Back to OMD. I'd guess it depends on what their plans are for that area. They can leave Animation and that space alone and still have plenty Pixar space. It is interesting to see an almost perfect expansion pad right behind the former Sparrow 'attraction' and Toy Story Midway Mania.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
They are training bungalows. Nearly every new cast member goes through them. Its honestly not very interesting its just offices and computer rooms. All stuff thats easily moved into the old animation building if they wanted to.

Glad to hear that, I think in-park DVC is a bridge too far.

rd805

Caught this on my last trip 2 weeks ago --- was my only opportunity to, and glad i got i suppose. Hokey as all hell, but the effects were cool. With all signs pointing to Star Wars and Pixar presence multiplying, this has to be a start of things to come.

ToT, RRC, GMR, TSMM, and Star tours.
Indy / LMA / Muppets / Mermaid / Beauty and the Beast Shows.

That's not a theme park is it?

Updates i'd like to see:
-Maybe not "Carsland" completely, but they definitely need that Test Track like ride haha.
-Round out a "Pixarland" with a kid friendly dark ride. Monsters Inc could be a quick duplicate (or update) to what's in California. No reason why this couldn't be Ratatouille ride from Paris either, that ride looks great.
-How about some new scenes in Fantasmic?
-Turn little Mermaid into a new attraction through Disney Animation. Can correlate with the studios right near by. (I picture Philharmagic meeting Despicable Me at Universal).
-Give me one additional Star Wars attraction -- make it a thriller.

I can dream can't i?

RAXIP

Isn't all signage gone and the building already painted over? They can move quick when they want to. Heh.

I'd doubt it..

From yesterday:
image.jpg

Bolt

Caught this on my last trip 2 weeks ago --- was my only opportunity to, and glad i got i suppose. Hokey as all hell, but the effects were cool. With all signs pointing to Star Wars and Pixar presence multiplying, this has to be a start of things to come.

ToT, RRC, GMR, TSMM, and Star tours.
Indy / LMA / Muppets / Mermaid / Beauty and the Beast Shows.

That's not a theme park is it?

Updates i'd like to see:
-Maybe not "Carsland" completely, but they definitely need that Test Track like ride haha.
-Round out a "Pixarland" with a kid friendly dark ride. Monsters Inc could be a quick duplicate (or update) to what's in California. No reason why this couldn't be Ratatouille ride from Paris either, that ride looks great.
-How about some new scenes in Fantasmic?
-Turn little Mermaid into a new attraction through Disney Animation. Can correlate with the studios right near by. (I picture Philharmagic meeting Despicable Me at Universal).
-Give me one additional Star Wars attraction -- make it a thriller.

I can dream can't i?
First time we've all heard these ideas!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom