Leaving in 12 days! Some final q's!

NewEnglandah

Original Poster
First off, I just wanted to thank everyone who has answered my questions before, it will really make things easy for me when I get down there.

now for the (hopefully) final questions!

1. How strict is disney with clean shaving??? Do you have to shave everyday? the only reason I ask is because my face gets really irritated when I shave it everyday, but unfortunately my facial hair grows very quickly.

2. Could someone explain what to do if your family is gonna visit you down there and you want to make them a hotel reservation to get the discount? and does it matter who you make it for? Do they need to be and immediate family member? what about a gf?

3. Does Disney allow switching shifts with somebody if you need to? What about calling out sick?

4. What size room do you recommend? 2,4,6, or 8 people?

and any other advice or comments would be appreciated! thank you!

Atta83

Yes, they are strict with guys with shaving, so you have to do it everyday, if not and you go to work you will either get a warning, reprimand, or they will make you shave it with a warning.

2. What you have to do is call the cm line for booking your family a room. Not sure what the number is but they will explain it when you get there, and if not ask your manager at your location they might be able to help you, along with the Cast Portal, it will be your friend. Im not sure how many times a year you can book a room but yeah you can for a gf i think.

3. Yeah you are allowed to switch shift, it will be explained to you when you are in training and such, thats the perfect time to ask questions.

4. what do you mean what size room??? for people visiting or for yourself.

PM or IM on Aim if you have it to ask more questions: AIM is in the sig. :wave:

Wilt Dasney

I got a polite "reminder" from one of my managers on the shaving thing one day during my CP, and I thought I looked pretty good that day. They're serious about it. Have you tried electric shavers?

barnum42

Wilt Dasney said:
Have you tried electric shavers?
You beat me to the suggestion. I never got on with wet shaving, but I have no problems with a Remington Sensative shaver. I can shave daily and don't get that nice blotchy neck. It's not as close as a blade, but it's a lot easier on the skin.

egionet

I would suggest the bigger apt size because your rent will be cheaper. Since you don't get paid much, it's nice to only have $67 taken out every week. I was on a 6 person apt, and most of us got along wonderfully. Then depending upon your personality be sure to request Chatham or Vista. Chatham is a lot quieter and not as outgoing. But the rooms and entire complex is a lot cleaner and nicer. I was 23 when I was on mine, so I opted for Chatham. Vista, on the other hand, tends to be party central. The younger CPs (or the ones that are away from home for the first time) live there and party it up. When I arrived they told me I was going to be in Vista, and I asked them to be put in Chatham (Because I didn't want the party scene. I did it in college and had grown out of it). They moved me to Chatham without a fuss. It was very nice of them.

If you need anything just give a holler (PM or AIM @ egionet). I did my CP last spring so I'm pretty much up to date on what's going on with a lot of things. Good luck and have fun!!!

schroder6452

apt size, I'd recommend a 3 bedroom 6 person apt. I personally loved my Vista 3 room apt. It was cheaper and it was nice having some roomate around most of the time.

se8472

I would take 3 as well. During my Fall 03 program I had a 3 bedroom in Vista and ended up having to roommates that left ending up leaving before I did.

When I came back this past summer I was in a 2 bedroom in Chatham. That was just as nice.

I really don't have a preferance between Vista and Chatham since they both have there ups and downs. When I was at Vista Bld 32 there was never a peep from anyone, not even someone with there music up. During my Chatham time it seemed I was thrown right into party central. But I really didn't mind it since I spent most of my time working/visting the parks anyways. Good Luck to ya!

Atta83

I stayed in a 3 cause of the cheaper rate, but really never saw the roomies due to weird schduels i had.

NJChris

Am i right in assuming that he is stratingthe college program because of you talking about housing cost being taken out of pay?

BEcuase right now im weighing my options in regards to employment at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom