Leaving in 10 Days!!!!!!!!!

hauntdmansion79

Hi everyone!

Me and my crew are leaving for Disney World in 10 days! (well 9 days, 14 hours, 11 minutes, and 45 seconds to be exact). I am so excited but have a few questions for everyone. We are going to be there March 7 - 16.

#1.) What is the latest news on closings during these 10 days. From what I know the Riverboat will be closed the whole time and Peter Pan and Test Track will be closed for the first half of our vacation. Is that right and is there anything else?

#2.) I just got my gallbladder removed last week and am wondering if anyone has ever been to Disney World so soon after a surgery like that and what rides might not be a good idea. My doctor says all rides with G-forces are fine but said to avoid impact on my body. Maybe Dinosaur, Space Mountain, and Big Thunder?

#3.) I want to wear a few Disney T-shirts while I'm there and was wondering how long a WDW Magic T-shirt takes to ship to you and if I'll have it before my trip. Also I want a retro Epcot T-shirt and was wondering where to buy one online.

Looking forward to hearing from you all!
Hauntdmansion79

petersenjp

Retro Epcot Tshirts - I just saw some on zazzle.com. Not vintage, but the designer used the old logos from previous rides like Horizons and World of Motion. Plus there is SE, UoE and a couple others.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

maryszhi

Hi everyone!

Me and my crew are leaving for Disney World in 10 days! (well 9 days, 14 hours, 11 minutes, and 45 seconds to be exact). I am so excited but have a few questions for everyone. We are going to be there March 7 - 16.

#1.) What is the latest news on closings during these 10 days. From what I know the Riverboat will be closed the whole time and Peter Pan and Test Track will be closed for the first half of our vacation. Is that right and is there anything else?

#2.) I just got my gallbladder removed last week and am wondering if anyone has ever been to Disney World so soon after a surgery like that and what rides might not be a good idea. My doctor says all rides with G-forces are fine but said to avoid impact on my body. Maybe Dinosaur, Space Mountain, and Big Thunder?

#3.) I want to wear a few Disney T-shirts while I'm there and was wondering how long a WDW Magic T-shirt takes to ship to you and if I'll have it before my trip. Also I want a retro Epcot T-shirt and was wondering where to buy one online.

Looking forward to hearing from you all!
Hauntdmansion79
I asked my cousin who went after that surgery and she said to be very careful on thrill rides, esp. tot are no nos, and basically you shoudl stick to kiddy rides that dont envlove sudden movements or impacts on your body, espc. thrill rides
i would ask your doc. again to what spec. rides to see what he thinks. i would bring all your medication and lots of water.
have fun
also zizzazle doesnt take that long, but to be on the safe side, i would do it asap
have fun
also i luv the cape, i go every summer to dennis and hyannis, my dads from mass. and i am thinking of going to school in either mass. or florida

Upvote 0

b-rian91

have a great time...Im there the 10-15,anywho I have my gaulbladder out when I was in 2nd grade and I remember not even being able to play soccer for a few weeks (to give you an idea of how carefull to be) and one thing to be prepared for, as being a person with no gaulbladder,you dont hold your food as long as you used to lol,When I eat out, I call it borrowing lol. I'll leave it for you to figure the rest out. have fun on your trip

Upvote 0

hauntdmansion79

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice. I went to see my doctor who said that I could go on any ride I wanted to. He said he has been on all the rides at Disney and feels there aren't any that will effect me negatively at this stage in my recovery. It will be 3 weeks by the time I go and the doctor says I'll be 98% healed on the inside, with some tenderness on the outside. I've been exercising and doing push-ups, crunches...etc. to get myself back into park shape. It sounds silly, but this trip was the only thing on my mind during the surgery. As for the digestive changes, the hospital informed me about all that. I've never been particularly good in that category anyway, so it's par for the course at this point. I have noticed some changes and I'll keep those in mind....no long lines after eating.

Well 4 days to go and my brother is sick with the flu......bummer!:mad:
I want us all to feel healthy. My fear is that he'll get over it, but will pass it on to one of us before we leave. I'm hoping for the best. I'll post the trip when we get back!

Oh and in response to an earlier post, I love living on Cape Cod. My family has lived her dating back to the Pilgrims.....no lie! I'm the 17th generation to live here and proud of it. Glad you enjoy vacationing here every summer.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I did not know Test Track was going to be down and don't see it listed on any sites... where did you see that? I'll be there the 9th-16th and knew about the Riverboat being down til the 16th and Peter Pan being down til the 11th. That's all I know of though.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom