Leave a legacy

Bagheera

We got a photo of us and of our then-one-year-old son on 10/6/99, so we're right up front (front being the Spaceship Earth end). We're at West-1-A-4-11-10 and 11. We can't wait to show him his baby picture next weekend. (Yay! Less than 9 days!) :sohappy: :sohappy:

We've also got 4 bricks, including one right out front of the MK entrance, to the left (W02045, I believe -- e-mail me if you want the story behind the inscription) and a 25th Anniversary brick (T00375, I think). Whenever we go to down, I always stop at the entry brick on the way in on our first entry to the MK, and I say goodbye from the brick on our last exit from the park. It's kind of cool standing on a brick with your name on it and looking at the train station in front of you. :D

Maria

Originally posted by imagineerfan
A brick owner told me that Disney has the right to remove your brick around the Magic Kingdom at any thime, and you need to pay them again if you want the brick back. Is this true? And are these the same condititions for the LAL photos? :veryconfu

Last time I checked, it was guaranteed to last 20 years. What I don´t know is.... beginning when? :animwink:

jrashadb

Original Poster
Hm... Interesting replies...
I've always figured it would be a good idea to leave a legacy of my own, seeing that I'm there so often... I've just not gotten around to it. I remember when the walls first went up, I loved them... now, I'm not so sure.
Anyway, I thought it would be fun to wander through there and see people who post on here. I almost never look, because I don't know anyone personally who has done it. Maria, I'll be sure to try to find your pic when I go this weekend.
Who knows... maybe I'll have a pic up by the time I leave, although I'm pretty sure I'll be saving my $ for World Showcase that day. :lol: :slurp:

mickeyfanatics

The Walk Around the World bricks surrounding the 7 Seas Lagoon were guaranteed to last for at least 10 years. Disney said they would maintain them or replace them for the first 10 years. We had ours done in 1995 and it still looks fine.

agdbeanie

I don't like the way the walls for LAL look---they look like a graveyard, especially from up in the monorail. So, even if I was offered a free one, I wouldn't do on pure principle. My husband feels the same way.

Maria

I found it!! I have to be honest... I don´t like the way they are made because they are very shady (and all my wrinkles show! lol) :animwink:

So anyways... here it is. It´s located in the samples wall right across from the entrance to SE on the right side of it (from SE). It´s there at least two times with me on the right and on the left of my friend in the picture. I can´t remember on which walls I was in the little ones and don´t even know if those are still there.

Thanks Mr.P! He took these... :animwink:

Attachments

• maria2.jpg
    maria2.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 67

celticdog

Originally posted by imagineerfan
A brick owner told me that Disney has the right to remove your brick around the Magic Kingdom at any thime, and you need to pay them again if you want the brick back. Is this true? And are these the same condititions for the LAL photos? :veryconfu

In response to the LAL photos: Disney retains the rights to the photos. You sign a waiver agreeing to allow Disney to use or not use the photos for the next 20 years.

JLW11Hi

I got a leave a legacy photo and I think it is awesome. I think the price is right for what you get, its a nice size picture, and ours looks just fine. Plus, it is fun to go and find it right away when you enter Epcot. I think the large monolithic stones that the pictures reside on look cool and are a nice addition to the park, although I would like to see more plants/flowers around the area.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I've got my photo on there with Ryan somewhere. There used to be a place on-line that allowed you to access a digital version of your photo, but I can't find it anymore-does anyone know if you can still access it anywhere?

Henning

Hi!

I had my picture taken in 2000 as part of a package (you get packages in Germany that are very different from those that you get in the US).

The Photo is a bit odd - it looks as if I a had a long beard (well, I haven´t). But it´s still fun to see my picture when I walk in the park. Better than my brick at the "Walk around the world", because I have to walk quite a while to visit my brick (well, still I do that all the time - and my brick as a "great view" on the castle :lol: ).

-Henning

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom