Leave a Legacy Merchandise Removal

maui2k7

Original Poster
I have seen others have posted pictures of the walls going up for the removal of the Leave a Legacy so it is obvious the Kiosk is going away. That being said, I just came across the following from the Orlando Comptroller site and did not see this posted anywhere else...

http://officialrecords.occompt.com/...id=29028675&file_num=20070400171&doc_status=I

It will be a very happy day when one day we see the demolition of the entire Graveyard - I mean Leave a Legacy Monuments (ha ha)!

Enigma

Account Suspended
It says on the left hand side menu "this document has not been verified" or something to that affect. Does that mean this could be a fake document that was uploaded?

Also...does the LAL merchandise indeed mean those ugly disgusting poorly designed tombstones? Is there finally someone at Disney who has a functioning brain that can see that those things look ugly and are finally puting in the order to remove them?

maui2k7

Original Poster
I think it just means that the the kiosks for Sales of the Leave a Legacy photos are now being demolished - not the Tombstones unfortunately. I believe we will have to wait a little while longer for that removal project...

Enigma

Account Suspended
I think it just means that the the kiosks for Sales of the Leave a Legacy photos are now being demolished - not the Tombstones unfortunately. I believe we will have to wait a little while longer for that removal project...

But there already was a permit for the destruction of the kiosks...

Teenchy

It will be a very happy day when one day we see the demolition of the entire Graveyard - I mean Leave a Legacy Monuments (ha ha)!

Got a great place for them....off the coast of Castaway Cay....that way you could still scuba out to see them if you wanted!

Here's to a return of the original look of SSE and that entire area!:sohappy:

RedSoxPirate

But there already was a permit for the destruction of the kiosks...

That was for the demo of the display located on the mirror column at SSE. The sales area is located to the right of that and is still operational, as far as I know -- though, if I'm reading this right, that should be what comes down next. After that, it's only a short step to "re-positioning" of the LaL stones.

... or so some of us can hope.

It says on the left hand side menu "this document has not been verified" or something to that affect. Does that mean this could be a fake document that was uploaded?

Also...does the LAL merchandise indeed mean those ugly disgusting poorly designed tombstones? Is there finally someone at Disney who has a functioning brain that can see that those things look ugly and are finally puting in the order to remove them?
As far as I remember, every one of these permits we have seen on this site have all said "this document has not been verified" :shrug:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
NC means Notice of Commencement (aka: a change)

They filed the permit for the base of the mirror column, then refiled it because it was more extensive then the original contract. The map they provided also showed the sales location. This permit now covers the specifics of the demo for the sales kiosks.

Sales ended on the 16th. The sales locations are behind refurb walls, the mirror column is also still behind refurb walls.

When files are processed to the occomp site, they go through a whole system of stuff. First they're recieved (R status) and then they documents are scanned (S - means we can see them) and after that they're indexed (the little blurb to the side) and then finally they're verfied for accuracy. They'll change color when they're verified, it doesn't mean its not a real document though.

Bill Smugs

Got a great place for them....off the coast of Castaway Cay....that way you could still scuba out to see them if you wanted!

Here's to a return of the original look of SSE and that entire area!:sohappy:

First of all I would actually like to say that I like the Leave a legacy monuments. Second your comment about throwing them into the water off of Castaway Cay is disgraceful to the people who paid money to leave there image or text on (which by the way I am on there).

SDav10495

First of all I would actually like to say that I like the Leave a legacy monuments. Second your comment about throwing them into the water off of Castaway Cay is disgraceful to the people who paid money to leave there image or text on (which by the way I am on there).

I don't think Teenchy meant anything personal... :animwink: You can like the LaL walls--plenty of people do--but please know that when others express their displeasure with the walls they're not at all trying to be "disgraceful" to the people who paid money to have their faces there. In fact, most people, regardless of their feelings about the walls, agree that the faces deserve to be displayed somewhere in Epcot, in some way--it's only fair to people like yourself who paid to "Leave a Legacy".

But I'm sure you've already realized that many people, on this board especially, find the walls dreary, ugly, and a poor, unfitting substitute for the beautiful open green space that the entrance plaza used to be. Most of those people would be happy moving the face plates to be shown in another part of the park and just ditching the depressing stone walls. Please don't be personally offended by those who have that opinion--I'm quite sure your face isn't the reason they dislike the walls. :rolleyes:

dismedic

I believe Teenchy should learn to curb his thoughts I too have paid for me and my wife to be on there. Your post was ignorant to those who may like LAL and paid to be on it.

Lets throw the bland fountain of years past in the river how about that!

cupanudles

I think that the tombstones are going to be put somewhere else or going to be digitized and put in another location if you just follow some logic. First of all, there was tons of space left for the people who wanted to put their cheapo photo on that tombstone, and yet they are deconstructing the kiosk that sells them. That would mean that they feel that they have made enough money out of the graveyard (and this is the Disney Corporation we're talking about) or that the wonderful new Vice President Jim McPhee has had enough of this senseless merchandising at the expense of the aestheitc beauty of the parks (ex. the Mickeyzilla Wand). It has already been well known that the wand is going the way of the dodo, so I would expect that around the same time (EPCOT's 25th) something is going to happen to the tombstones. Any comments from the insiders?:wave:

tirian

I believe Teenchy should learn to curb his thoughts I too have paid for me and my wife to be on there. Your post was ignorant to those who may like LAL and paid to be on it.

Lets throw the bland fountain of years past in the river how about that!

Someone needs to calm down.

P.S. I actually like the way the tombstones--I mean, monuments--frame SSE, and I would like to see planters added around the base of each monument.

brkgnews

Someone needs to calm down.

P.S. I actually like the way the tombstones--I mean, monuments--frame SSE, and I would like to see planters added around the base of each monument.
If I'm correct, the original concept art (I think by John Hench) actually intended for the stones to be well-"greened," with lots of plant life around the bottom and even lapping over the top.

kcnole

Just move the stones over to where the old tv's used to be which is just a blank wall now. Problem solved. The entrance is beautified and that area gets some use out of it.

maui2k7

Original Poster
Usually when I enter Epcot, I try to avoid looking closely at the graveyard on my into Future World. That being said, were the tombstones ever filled up or did sales decline to it became unprofitable to keep the sales kiosks running? One can hope this is one step in the direction of moving the Leave a Legacy to another location.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom