Leadership shuffle at the Walt Disney World Resort hotels

ToTBellHop

I'm glad that WDW is able to groom their upcoming resort hotel managers in hospitality management through their job roles in Resort Pricing and Revenue Management....
Ugh, I know. 15% increases in rates each year to look forward to? I've been hoping to see Standard View room rates above $1000/night every night at GFla. My wish might just come true with this move. It's fancier if you pay more, right?

surfsupdon

It'd be cool if these GMs took real pride in their Resorts, and tried to make their respective Resort the BEST Resort. Little friendly competition. Instead of capping Resorts to have same amenities, offerings, and whatnot so as one is not crazy better than the other. (I'm reminded particularly of Club Level foods and services....some being dumbed down so it is equal across the board.)

Survival of the fittest...let's go!

DisneyElephant

I have to say, after doing a little quick search, I agree with the serious concern about continuing to promote someone who has consistently increased prices especially for its resorts. Those prices are completely out of whack with reality. Entertainment industry professionals will tell you that consistent increases in price like that help to fuel the class system pricing out the lower end bit by bit. That's how you lose customers and loyalty.

asianway

I'm glad that WDW is able to groom their upcoming resort hotel managers in hospitality management through their job roles in Resort Pricing and Revenue Management....
They really need to reach out of their organization to get someone with real lodging experience. Of course they'd ruffle feathers for bringing back free nuts & lemonade and be banished to VP Of Epcot

StarWarsGirl

Maybe this is a stupid question, but why on earth did GF and Poly EVER share a GM? I could MAYBE see Y&B sharing a GM (unless I'm mistaken, I don't think they do), and definitely AKL and Kidani sharing a GM, but Poly and GF? If the GM is over at GF, and there's a problem at Poly, how long did it take the GM to get from GF to Poly? Just seems much more effective to have two GMs.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I have to say, after doing a little quick search, I agree with the serious concern about continuing to promote someone who has consistently increased prices especially for its resorts. Those prices are completely out of whack with reality. Entertainment industry professionals will tell you that consistent increases in price like that help to fuel the class system pricing out the lower end bit by bit. That's how you lose customers and loyalty.

Yet, people still pay these prices (including myself a time or two) so it makes sense to continue to charge these prices until their reporting indicates otherwise. If their indicators tell them they are playing a dangerous game, and they choose to ignore this, they may pay for it in the end.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Yeah, noticed that she has a fiscal, not hospitality, background. Surely Disney could find someone with a hospitality background. There are several good hospitality schools in Florida and UCF's partners with Disney. And Crofton is on UCF's Board of Trustees. But then Crofton has an MBA....

asianway

Maybe this is a stupid question, but why on earth did GF and Poly EVER share a GM? I could MAYBE see Y&B sharing a GM (unless I'm mistaken, I don't think they do), and definitely AKL and Kidani sharing a GM, but Poly and GF? If the GM is over at GF, and there's a problem at Poly, how long did it take the GM to get from GF to Poly? Just seems much more effective to have two GMs.
They've been marrying up gms slowly since port & Dixie. I think Contemporary was the last holdout but is/was merged with Coronado.

Hopefully the unravel all the deluxes and start to run them better than a Marriott

Figment82

They really need to reach out of their organization to get someone with real lodging experience. Of course they'd ruffle feathers for bringing back free nuts & lemonade and be banished to VP Of Epcot

I was amazed to see free cookies and lemonade at Hilton Head. A CM offered us some as we entered the lobby to check in and I had a "wait, what?" reaction. It was refreshing to see a Disney resort that could still operate like the "old days".

DisneyElephant

Yet, people still pay these prices (including myself a time or two) so it makes sense to continue to charge these prices until their reporting indicates otherwise. If their indicators tell them they are playing a dangerous game, and they choose to ignore this, they may pay for it in the end.

Well, my family and I used to go almost every year in the 90's regardless if there was anything new or exciting. This was true up until the mid-2000's. We started getting priced out of the Moderates and would go less frequently and instead spent one trip at a Deluxe because we got a discount. We would rather stay off-property than stay at a Value because absolutely none of those properties are appealing to us and would prefer to stay on property. So instead, we just don't go. I'm willing to bet this is true for a lot of people except people who save for years to make it a vacation of a lifetime or for the 1%. I just don't think you get nearly the value for your money anymore as you used to at Disney and I have a feeling under her leadership, its been far more about profits than product. Raising prices in this economy should not be a constant and it should not be taken lightly. Disney doesn't necessarily need to raise prices at the rate that they have in the last 5-10 years, especially not at their resorts. I can go to Hawaii from the east coast and stay at a 4 star hotel for a week for cheaper. Different experience yes, but its still how much money I'm willing to spend on a vacation and what I can get for that money.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I met Kim Marinaccio when I worked at DAK Lodge during my CP. From my short interaction, she was a lovely lady who seemed to genuinely care about the resort.

A lot of care was obvious at AKL. I was very impressed with our stay. I'm hoping that the missed details and lacking routine maintenance, cleanliness of the CR does not become the new norm for AKL.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Because it was cheaper that way

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Ye
I was amazed to see free cookies and lemonade at Hilton Head. A CM offered us some as we entered the lobby to check in and I had a "wait, what?" reaction. It was refreshing to see a Disney resort that could still operate like the "old days".

It is nice to see I agree however since HHI is not operated by TDO it still retains much of the quality it has had from the beginning and has the touches expected at a Deluxe property

I might add that Cookies and iced tea/lemonade are standard at any Hilton Garden Inn worldwide.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom