Leadership reshuffle brings new Vice President to Epcot

articos

At first blush this seems to just be a general mid-level executive shuffle.

But the important sentence would appear to be that they've promoted a Californian named Jason Kirk who was part of the wildly successful DCA re-build/re-launch and made him the VP of WDW Transportation. Hmm...
Yes and no. Jason's an Ops guy. This is a normal shuffle as far as he's concerned. Means his bosses think he's smart and on an upward track within the company. More significant is Sam and Erin's moves with regards to Epcot.

rct247

First glance and no other information, I would form an opinion that this is possible good news for Transportation, mediocre news for Horticulture/Textile, and not so great news for Epcot, but when you take into account Tom Fitzgerald's move, who knows, Epcot may finally see some better days.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Two major moves regarding Epcot today. This one has me less excited than the other, because not knowing a single thing about any of the players involved here, it looks just like a game of Executive Musical Chairs. I'm sure those that know more about the people involved can read more into this than I can.

WeekendGM

I've heard that Kirk was part of the team that planned the expansion of the monorail system to Hollywood Studios. Hopefully this signals a change from bus loving upper management and will allow watercraft and monorails to not be left behind in investments.

Captain Neo

I've heard that Kirk was part of the team that planned the expansion of the monorail system to Hollywood Studios. Hopefully this signals a change from bus loving upper management and will allow watercraft and monorails to not be left behind in investments.

3vKJqc7.gif

WeekendGM

I'm not advocating expansion but the current state of transportation infrastructure other than the bus systems at the Magic Kingdom is mediocre at best. Monorails with mold, chipped paint and a knack for being hit by work tractors. Ferryboat system for the resorts that can barely handle a crowd on a night in January. Watercraft has for years wanted another large ferry to bring the total up to four and to replace the small launches with more large cruisers but what did Sam decide to spend transportations money on? Bendy Busses and more bus stops for the MK. Sam loves buses because all he ran in San Francisco was the bus division. Anyone who doesn't love buses as much as Sam is a step up for transportation department and anyone visiting the Magic Kingdom.

xstech25

Disney hired Sam (the new Epcot VP) to oversee an expansion of WDW's transportation system, his background is in public transit and before WDW he ran the San Francisco Public Transit system. In this official document Disney has sent out it says that Sam has overseen the expansion of the bus loops, roll out of articulated busses, and overhaul of the monorails computer systems.

...long story short, I would say the chances of any type of monorail expansion are extremely remote. Also it says that the new creative director of Epcot was brought in to direct a long term creative strategic plan for the park. I highly doubt the VPs of the parks have nearly as much to do with creative or long-term attraction planning as many on these boards think they do. Erin was VP of Epcot for a few years and the only real project she saw constructed was a new restaurant, the Test Track overhaul was being planned and developed way before she was in the picture (people were on that project in 2009 the first I heard of it).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom