le hôtel de fantômes

Pixardust

Original Poster
le hôtel de fantômes, roughly meaning the hotel of ghosts has been my Disney dream project for years. I've pitched this idea to family and friends several times over the years while on visits to WDW or DL. The hotel would be somewhat of a combination of the styles between the Haunted Mansion and the Hollywood Tower Hotel. However, seeing as people would be unwilling to stay in a constantly dirty hotel, the atmosphere would have to be obtained through the use of dimmed lighting, painting effects and themed funishings.

Let me not forget the staff. Full time service from employees mirroring the hosts of the Haunted Mansion and HTH. Well, maybe a little more helpful and cheery than those at HM, but nontheless eerie.

Lastly, back to the name..le hôtel de fantômes. Honestly, just pulled it out of my mouse ear, but I think it's good. WDI would need to move the style a little away from the other two scary venues to make it unique, and a French themed, haunted hotel would be great. A little of the Old World, black and white dracula movie kind of look.

Thats all for now, my descriptive wording is starting to get off tracking. Need some sleep!

Pixardust

Original Poster
Additions-
I think that it should be a tall hotel, 10+ stories. It would need to be massive, or at least feel massive to get that eerie feeling. Disney Villian's character dining could be held at it's restruants too. Also, the roof would be very steep and dramatic... dormers with balcanies would stick out of the roof line. Those would be the grand suites of the hotel.

More to come.. as I think!

It's a good idea but I think the majorty of gets prefer a more calming less errie theme when the want to return to the hotel, a more gothic castle like Villian theme I think would be the premire comprimise of majority appeal and the concpet of a darker hotel.

Horizons38

Premium Member
Originally posted by Pixardust
le hôtel de fantômes, roughly meaning the hotel of ghosts has been my Disney dream project for years. I've pitched this idea to family and friends several times over the years while on visits to WDW or DL. The hotel would be somewhat of a combination of the styles between the Haunted Mansion and the Hollywood Tower Hotel. However, seeing as people would be unwilling to stay in a constantly dirty hotel, the atmosphere would have to be obtained through the use of dimmed lighting, painting effects and themed funishings.

Let me not forget the staff. Full time service from employees mirroring the hosts of the Haunted Mansion and HTH. Well, maybe a little more helpful and cheery than those at HM, but nontheless eerie.

Lastly, back to the name..le hôtel de fantômes. Honestly, just pulled it out of my mouse ear, but I think it's good. WDI would need to move the style a little away from the other two scary venues to make it unique, and a French themed, haunted hotel would be great. A little of the Old World, black and white dracula movie kind of look.

Thats all for now, my descriptive wording is starting to get off tracking. Need some sleep!

Wonderful idea ! Just make it : L'hotel des Fantomes ! ( sorry i had to correct you since i'm french ).:D

thedream86

Grate Idea. Sounds really cool. I'm taking a class in resadental and comercal arcatecture, If you'd like I can do a Site plan for you when you'r done (It would include building foundations, parking lots, landscaping, infostructure plumming and utilities, graound slope). And if you'd like I could plot them out on 22"X17" prints for you.

Cool Idea

Pixardust

Original Poster
Re: Re: le hôtel de fantômes

Originally posted by Horizons38
Wonderful idea ! Just make it : L'hotel des Fantomes ! ( sorry i had to correct you since i'm french ).:D

Thanks for correcting my french! I don't know a lick of french so I'm glad somebody knew how to say it! Hehe! Your Stitch graphic is great too!

Horizons38

Premium Member
Re: Re: Re: le hôtel de fantômes

Thanks for correcting my french! I don't know a lick of french so I'm glad somebody knew how to say it! Hehe! Your Stitch graphic is great too!

Thanks ! Ace did it ! ( Stitch ). Glad i didn't upset you i didn't mean to correct you i just meant to help, glad you took it the right way !:animwink: Anytime you need it just ask !:D

Pixardust

Original Poster
Originally posted by FigmentDream
It's a good idea but I think the majorty of gets prefer a more calming less errie theme when the want to return to the hotel, a more gothic castle like Villian theme I think would be the premire comprimise of majority appeal and the concpet of a darker hotel.

I really disagree with you. I think there should be a new concept in hotel design/theming at WDW that goes away from traditional rules of their resorts. I love the resorts, but I think this would be taking it a step forward into mega-theming.

I also think that this would be a great resort for those looking for something a bit more adventurous. I'd be something so unique that it might perhaps bring in people that wouldn't even normally visit WDW. Plus, it is logical to think that most families with younger children would stay away... and is that all that bad?

Keep in mind that the hotel would reflect ever bit of the service and amenities of Disney's other resorts.

I really disagree with you. I think there should be a new concept in hotel design/theming at WDW that goes away from traditional rules of their resorts. I love the resorts, but I think this would be taking it a step forward into mega-theming.

First of all I beg to see why you are trying to convince me to be in favor of Mega-themeing, I made no mention of it in my previous post, and actually I am all for it, the emmersivness is not what I was questioning but the theme it'self

I also think that this would be a great resort for those looking for something a bit more adventurous. I'd be something so unique that it might perhaps bring in people that wouldn't even normally visit WDW. Plus, it is logical to think that most families with younger children would stay away... and is that all that bad?

All true, but surley the demographic of which you described(adventure seeking, wants a unique expereince, no little kids, not bothered by an errie decor even in states of mental and physical fatigues, and not frequeant Disney fans) would not be the majority of people, this would be a minority. That is all I was pointing out, I was not trying to use this point as a criticsisim but just trying to bring this to you attention.

This resort would work as a more exclusive expereince then since as I said and you reinforced the majority of people would not be seeking out a resort like this; however further description did not seem to give way to a more exclusive resort being 10 stories tall, unless of course they would be small stories.

Further, Disney has considered on a number of occasions for ToT clones to be an acutal resort and ride(cali and future locations in Paris and Tokyo) however atleast in the American relm they determined(through polls and such) the amount of people that would like to stay there would not turn enough of a profit.

Just trying to point out that these would be a great resort but it would have a smaller clientel than a typical hotel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom