Le Cellier Steakhouse

AlanaH

Original Poster
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the if the steak is really good? I would love the Cheddar Soup, but is 2 credits.

If you have been there is it as they say?

Thanks!

belledream

We thought it was okay...we found the steakhouse experience to be far superior at Yachtman's Steakhouse. The soup was good and pretty filling, but we wouldn't return just for that. If you're going during Food & Wine Festival, you can always choose to sample it there instead.

Diznyfan

It depends on what you're looking for. We have eaten there twice, yesterday being the most recent. I haven't been to Yachtman's so I can only say that the food and service at Le Cellier was good. I would recommend it, but the food to me is really filling, so make sure you don't eat a big meal or snack right before.

You may want to look at their menu to see what else they offer. I like the poutine too, and depending on how hungry you are, you may be able to split the ribeye steak. My favorite is the filet with the mushroom risotto, very tender and flavorful.

danyoung56

The cheese soup is really good - very think and tasty. The steaks I've had have always been excellent. Some folks feel Yachtsman is better. I've only eaten there once, and enjoyed it as well. I like not having to leave the park to get a great meal, and that's what I've always had at Le Cellier.

71dsp

We really like Le Cellier. Whether or not it's worth 2 credits is a good question. I'd say 2 credits are better spent at Yachtsman, but we certainly don't mind paying out of pocket at Le Cellier (we don't use the dining plan).

That said, we have been to Le Cellier a number of times and plan to go back on our next trip. We like the fillet, pretzel bread (my fav), and the chocolate "moose". :)

71dsp

Disney steak houses in order (without considering dining plan)
1) Shula's at Dolphin
2) Yachtsman at Yacht Club
3) Le Cellier at Epcot

We've eaten at all three as well. We have only been to Shula's once and it was pretty good. We've been to Yachtsman and Le Cellier multiple times. That said, we actually prefer Yachtsman to Shula's, but maybe we need to try Shula's again to see if our opinion still holds. Maybe that's a good excuse to visit Shula's again on the next trip. ;)

Out of the three, I would agree that Le Cellier is #3, but it's still quite good, IMO.

cornandacobb

To follow up, I am sort of done with steak houses in general.......not just DW but anywhere. I find them extremely overpriced. There are other places to get a good steak if you are really in the mood.

71dsp

My wife and I love steakhouses! They can be overpriced, but we've been to some great ones over the years. YUM YUM! :)

Rinx

I cannot remember the last trip we went without going to Le Cellier. One of our favorite places on property. The steak has always been cooked to perfection in my experience. I eat every morsel, including the savory fat. It's just too good to leave on the plate!

cornandacobb

For example, Ruth's Chris Steak House...an overpriced piece of meat cooked in tons of butter. One and done for me. My co-worker just ate at Peter Luger Steak House last month. He said it was a fine meal, but not worth the price and he'd never go back again.
I should retract my previous statement about all steak houses being overpriced. They are not. But too many are.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We absolutely love Le Cellier and eat there every single trip and have never had a less than superb meal there. We also enjoy many of the other signatures each trip as well but Le Cellier is our fave of all of the signature steak restaurants on property and fave steak out if even the best/finest steak houses outside of WDW as well. :)

JIMINYCR

Yes the Cheddar Soup is fantastic. On visits there we've found steaks vary in quality, at times fabulous and other times not as good. The Maple Creme Brulee is a wonderful way to end the meal. Worth 2 credits??? Some times I'd say yes, other times no. If youve never been I'd say go ahead and try it out.

nickid

We went to Le Celliers in December and it was our favorite meal of the week (with Artists Point coming in second). We were on the deluxe dining plan and felt it was worth two credits. We are planning on going there again this September. Also planning on Yachtman's for this trip too. Glad everyone seems to like it as much or more than Le Cellier!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I visit Le Cellier at least once every trip. Being from Canada I feel like visiting royalty every time I'm there.

IMO when Le Cellier was one credit on DDP, it was worth using a credit, now that it's two credits, it's a much better deal to pay out of pocket. The credits doubled, but the actual price didn't.

I think Le Cellier is by far the best steak you can get without leaving a park. Yachtsman is generally a better steak. I didn't care for Shula's, the food was good, but very expensive for what you got. I also don't like having to order and pay for each side after paying an exorbitant price for a slab of meat.

71dsp

I think Le Cellier is by far the best steak you can get without leaving a park. Yachtsman is generally a better steak. I didn't care for Shula's, the food was good, but very expensive for what you got. I also don't like having to order and pay for each side after paying an exorbitant price for a slab of meat.

A la carte ordering is the norm around here (Texas) at steakhouses. I can only think of one steakhouse that we frequent where sides are included.

For example, Ruth's Chris Steak House...an overpriced piece of meat cooked in tons of butter. One and done for me. My co-worker just ate at Peter Luger Steak House last month. He said it was a fine meal, but not worth the price and he'd never go back again.
I should retract my previous statement about all steak houses being overpriced. They are not. But too many are.

We despise Ruth's Chris because of the butter. Went there once, and that was once too many. A bunch of our friends love it though, go figure. For us, the prices at places like Del Frisco's, Capital Grille, and Palo (DCL) are totally worth it. :)

aladdin2007

I visit Le Cellier at least once every trip. Being from Canada I feel like visiting royalty every time I'm there.

IMO when Le Cellier was one credit on DDP, it was worth using a credit, now that it's two credits, it's a much better deal to pay out of pocket. The credits doubled, but the actual price didn't.

really? The place is a ripoff now, exorbitant prices, no lunch menu anymore (France has just been ruined the same way), tables crammed together, and you get nothing for the price. I dont see what the continued love is for this place, it use to be great yes, but. $50 bucks a person is outrageous at least for lunch, the menu isnt even appealing now and it use to be.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the if the steak is really good? I would love the Cheddar Soup, but is 2 credits.

If you have been there is it as they say?

Thanks!

Or you can make it yourself

Ingredients:

½ Pound applewood smoked Bacon (cut into ½" pieces)
4 Tablespoons butter
1 Diced red onion (about 1 cup)
3 Diced celery stalks (about 1 cup)
1 Cup all purpose flour
3 Cups chicken stock
4 Cups whole milk
1 Pound aged white Cheddar cheese (shaved or grated)
1 Tablespoon salt (to taste)
1 Tablespoon pepper
1 Tablespoon worchester sauce
1 Tablespoon tabasco sauce
1 cup warm beer

Method of preparation:

The number one rule in Cheddar cheese soup is "Low and slow". This recipe takes about an hour to make, and if you try to turn the heat up and rush it, you will only ruin your work
The number two rule is "Keep stirring". This is a soup that can burn, and takes a lot of tender loving care. When in doubt, "Keep stirring".

1. In a large Soup pot (At least 1 ½ Gallon) render down the bacon. All you are looking to do here is to liquefy the fat in the bacon, you are not trying to brown it.

2. Add the Butter and melt it.

3. Add the Onion and Celery and sauté until onions to start to get translucent.

4. Dust this with flour and mix to form a roux. Keep stirring until all of the flour has been incorporated.

5. Add chicken stock, slowly, while constantly stirring. You are looking for something resembling a gravy at this point. It's going to be very thick.

6. Next add milk, again slowly, while constantly stirring. This should significantly lighten up your soup at this point.

7. Turn heat up slightly, it's time to melt the cheese. Add cheese very slowly in small amounts, while stirring constantly. Allow each portion of cheese to melt away before adding the next. Keep stirring.

8. Now add salt and pepper. Be very careful with your salt. There is a lot of salt in your bacon, and possibly even in your chicken stock.

9. Next add worchester, tobasco, and beer. Keep stirring.

10. Turn down the heat slightly and let simmer or serve. You can garnish each bowl with some finely chopped bacon and chives.

When you are reheating this soup (especially in a microwave) you need to remember the 2 rules. "Low and slow" and "Keep stirring" you want to be constantly stirring this to ensure it blends evenly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom