Le Cellier Steakhouse dinner becomes 'Signature Dining' - see the new menu

Le Cellier is good, but extremely over-rated. As long as they keep Kouzzina a single dining plan credit, Iam one happy Jimmy. I wonder where people will funnel to now that Le Cellier is 2 dining credits.

Jimmy Thick- They better stay away from Kouzzina...

We enjoyed Kouzzinas as well! Maybe this will encourage more people to try the TS resturant in Moracco which is very yummy as well.

~Amanda

RHeath2

Just another reason to bypass dinner at almost any of the restaurants on property and go for a late lunch. Looked like a $10-$18 savings by doing it that way.

WDWFigment

I was trying to stay out of this but Enought with the $9.00 soup.

No one complains about the soup from Artist Point THis is taken right from the mene. Change is part of th world folks..deal alreay. Prices are in line for all the other 2 credit places. Eat it or dont.......

Smokey Portobello Soup with Roasted Shiitakes and Chive Oil

Agreed, soup is minimum 9 dollars at any of the signature restaurants and would be the same for any nicer dining establishment outside WDW as well. While we still don't know what to expect from the menu, I find it interesting how people have no problem dropping this sort of money at Cali Grill, Narcoosees, Flying Fish, etc. It seems that everyone almost expected the restaurant to go to signature and for nothing to change except the DDP credits. I really have to say that I am surprised about the outrage when this was announced months ago and signature restaurants carry signature prices.

I understand this completely, but your points assume that the quality is in line with other signature restaurants. My contention is that Le Cellier was not in line with these restaurants the last time I ate there (besides price, thanks to the recent increase).

I did read yesterday on the Disney Parks Blog that there are supposed changes coming to Le Cellier that may make it Signature caliber, but as with anything on the Parks Blog, there's a lot of fluff, so I will reserve judgment until I actually hear back from real people concerning the differences. The only things I can judge myself right now are the changes that objectively, without a doubt, occurred: the prices increased and the restaurant now requires two credits on the DDP.

You can put lipstick on a pig, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still a pig. (Not that Le Cellier is a pig by any means, but you get the idea.)

I will gladly eat crow if it turns out that Le Cellier's dinner suddenly has increased precipitously in quality. My bet is that the only things that have increased precipitously are prices and Disney's marketing of the restaurant as in a higher tier than it actually is.

fyn

You can put lipstick on a pig, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still a pig. (Not that Le Cellier is a pig by any means, but you get the idea.)

PrincessDreamer_Miss_Piggy_billboard.jpg

<insert Statler and Waldorf comment>

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Just because some people are happy to pay over the odds then pontificate about it on line doesnt mean I have to lose my sense of perspective of what a meal is actually worth to me.

Ill wait to see how they "transform" Le Cellier to bring its standards to that of the real signature dining venues. But I'm prepared for it to be no more than a cosmetic pricing exercise.

Pioneer Hall

I understand this completely, but your points assume that the quality is in line with other signature restaurants. My contention is that Le Cellier was not in line with these restaurants the last time I ate there (besides price, thanks to the recent increase).

I did read yesterday on the Disney Parks Blog that there are supposed changes coming to Le Cellier that may make it Signature caliber, but as with anything on the Parks Blog, there's a lot of fluff, so I will reserve judgment until I actually hear back from real people concerning the differences. The only things I can judge myself right now are the changes that objectively, without a doubt, occurred: the prices increased and the restaurant now requires two credits on the DDP.

I will gladly eat crow if it turns out that Le Cellier's dinner suddenly has increased precipitously in quality. My bet is that the only things that have increased precipitously are prices and Disney's marketing of the restaurant as in a higher tier than it actually is.

I'm just going by what is stated, and that is that they are going to be offering a different experience than they did. I was one of those people who felt that Le Cellier was extremely overrated and I never went out of my way to go there like a majority of people do. However, as with a number of things on this forum, people are up in arms before they even had a chance to experience what it might be. If the reviews come back that the restaurant is the same crowded and lacking restaurant then by all means bash it for what it is...a disgusting price increase with no justification. However, the place has barely been open for 2 days with its new status and it seems that the majority have already deemed it a disaster.

Tink313

No pretzel bread :fork:

:dazzle: I will have and issue if there isn't any pretzel bread (My son adore's the pretzel bread) Its bad enough we have to pay a higher amount of money for the same amount of soup ppl at lunch will get, but no bread thats really upseting me.

We will be eating at Le Cellier twice this August once for lunch once for dinner and since I paying oop I just dont know if its worth it anymore for a party of 5. :confused:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
There are certainly some menu items that are distinctly high-end. The Steak Tartar, the Heirloom Salads, and the Venison all jump out.

The new menu is certainly going to be more demanding to deliver than the old, so it's going to take more from the kitchen. The guests are going to be paying for that. The cost is going to be spread across the items - hence the $9 soup.

The bigger question for me is whether signature dining really has a place in the parks. The dress code issues, and all the other complications just don't work for me. I'd rather go to a signature restaurant outside of the park for that amount of money.

I'm looking forward to hearing from some diners. Hope the food is as good as it sounds.

scgustin

Lunch at Le Cellier

We have always preferred Le Cellier at lunch - so this is not a huge deal for us. Even on property, I've had a better steak, but we enjoy the sandwiches and the atmosphere at LC.

Hopefully the "signature" status will help those seeking reservations for dinner.

scotth1224

Having not read all the comments in the thread, I apologize if I am repeating.
Some can/will argue that this is a direct result of the dining plan diluting the non DP guests ability to dine at this restaurant. As a result Disney has listened to enough guest complaints about not being able to dine at this restaurant and has taken action to ensure that those willing and able have an opportunity to dine without having to plan 180 days in advance or having no chance to grace the doors.
I for one have my opinion, but will keep that to myself. What I do think however is that they better back this one up. Its one thing to raise prices and watch too much Food Network and Top Chef and think that if you add a French accent on the name of a steak that it automatically elevates it to Haute Cuisine. It is another to assume that people are stupid and that if they don't truly elevate the food to $40 entree quality that this place will not empty out and they could be faced with the opposite problem.

BeachClubNut

For my time and money, I believe that instead of Le Cellier I would go to the Yachtsman Steakhouse.
I agree, theres no way that Lecellier is a true Signature restaurant at all, only thing Signature is the pricing. Especially since your almost dining with others due to tables being jammed so tight. Yachtsman Steakhouse is true signature dining and exceeds Lecelliur in every way, to call Lecelliur a Signature is a joke.

pax_65

if they don't truly elevate the food to $40 entree quality that this place will not empty out and they could be faced with the opposite problem.

Good point. I was originally happy with the change because I haven't been able to dine at LC in recent years because of the popularity of the DDP. But now the price increase (and expected change in the cuisine) should make LC a completely different restaurant than it was before. Would I pay the $$$ for the experience like I would for Yachtsman Steakhouse? I don't know. If I did, it would only be because the food is as good or better than the Yachtsman, which is a really high standard to meet. If it falls short, I wouldn't set foot in there at those prices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom