Le Cellier or Rose and Crown Pub

bhickman

Well everyone has an experience to share but I gotta tell you mine at LeCellier was extremely disappointing. Although the setting at Lecellier is on of a higher scale for dinner then Rose & Crown, my vote for dining expience and and value goes to R&C for lunch.

This said they are both "one & done" experiences for me, I only stop at the R&C for a couple cocktails now and then. With all the other dining options at WDW and even at the World Showcase I like to check out places like Morocco, Italy, etc.. instead.

What ever your choice,
Happy Dining "Disney Style!!"

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

I'm with BHICKMAN on these two places!

Both were nice to try once, but I have too many others at EPCOT I like better to bother with them again!

Of the two, I would say Le Cellier for menu selection and atmosphere. The cool wine cellar decor is the perfect spot to relax, get away from the crowds and cool down. The food was OK, and at lunch you will need PS most days.

:wave:

Upvote 0

ChefTigger

Go for a Pint or 2 a the Rose and Crown Bar and then go for dinner at The Cellier, the food is by far better. But give it a year or so and you'll see the food at Rose and Crown get better as the Chef from the Cellier is now the Area Chef of Canada and UK.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

We are a huge Rose and Crown fan. The food is really good. I like it better at lunch than dinner, though. The Bailey's creme brulee is the best dessert I have ever had at WDW. The atmosphere is really laid back. If you cannot decide, try to hit both on your trip. :)

Upvote 0

captcanada

Wow. Seems to be pretty even so far.
Strangely, these are 2 of the very few restaurantes I HAVN'T tried.

I'll have to make a point of trying them the "next time".

Upvote 0

Coree

I'd vote for Le Cellier. Although I love the fish and chips at Rose and Crown, Le Cellier has cheddar cheese soup, pretzel bread, and good steak and mashed potatoes.

Upvote 0

bsandersjr

LeCellier is what I would choose. I guess it depends on what you wanna eat.

Better yet, hit R&C for lunch, and LeCellier for dinner. Win/Win situation

Upvote 0

Scooter

bsandersjr said:
Ever been to the Yachtsman?

I've never been to the Yachtsman...but there's a reason.

I'd have to take out a loan to eat there.

$32.00 for a 12 oz New York Strip steak. :eek:

The same steak at Le Cellier is $26.00...and ya get better sides.
Warm bread sticks...and the Cheddar Cheese Soup is to DIE for. :slurp:

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

La Cellier for lunch is always nice. We went right at 11 am when they opened, and we had the place to ourselves for a good 45 mintues. it is a nice break from the heat and crowds, and you can make it a fairly inexpensive lunch (I had a bowl of soup - beef barley was delicous) and my dad had a sandwhich. they also have a good selection of wine (that my husband enjoyed) and everyone enjoyed the cool and calm atmosphere.

For dinner, I would say Rose and Crown. Try to get it outside so you can watch illuminations while dining delicious food. They have an excellent selection of beer as well (again, my husband approves). The food is delicous as well, and I was full on an appitizer (instead of a full dinner).

Upvote 0

PixyDust

I think the serving sizes are larger at R&C. (That's important as my husband is a big eater.)

I would choose Le Cellier for lunch and have the cheese soup and pretzel bread, along with something light.

I would choose R&C for dinner. NOT for the chance of a good seat for the fireworks, if you do it for that reason, you're likely to be disappointed, but because the meals are just more suited for dinner in my opinion. Cottage Pie, Bangers and Mash, Fish and Chips...more of a supper than lunch. And the kids can't get enough of their peas. (My kids love veggies - go figure - and the peas at R&C are really, really good!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom